? 3/29/18 - Luci - AMPS 185,1+153.2+135,4+ 127, 6+148, 9+ 215, PMPS 234, 3+ 159, 4+ 108, 6+ 61,7+ 158

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo

Well, she sure didn't go anywhere near the lagoon yesterday..no telling what she'll do today...

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I think there is a good possibility today. :D

3. Sue and Luci

So, I guess it's time to start thinking about a dose increase - yet again - I sure wish I could understand why I have to switch her insulin back and forth, back and forth between 2.25 and 2 - she seems to just get started responding to the 2.25 and then has to have a decrease - I feel like I'm missing something here in the process of what exactly is going on and why I decrease when she's just starting to get into the correct range? Can someone direct me to the sticky note that might help me understand the decreases / increases/ decreases - I just don't get it at all...

4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

One thought is to give slightly higher carbs when you go back up to 2.25u to try and keep her from diving. Some cats do dance between 2 doses.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

The goal is for Luci to spend as much time as possible in the healing numbers.

If it’s in the cards and the pancreas may be coming back into service, insulin production will likely return in spits and spurts, gradually, over time. Go with the flow. Let the numbers be your guide; they will tell you when the pancreas is ready to come off the disabled list and back to work full time.

Healing has its own timetable that can’t and should not be rushed.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

At the mere mention of a dose increase here I am up at 2 a.m. because Luci decided to do a deep dive in the lagoon. DH told me at midnight that she was nearly there at 108! So I set my alarm to get up in an hour and sure enough she was in the lagoon...going deep! For the first time in days! Nearly 6 cycles later and she doesn't just dip her toe in the water, she takes a header...this girl...why the dramatics?

Ok, it's going to be a PJ party for me for a while until she decides to turn around and go in the other direction - I'll be up to test her hourly.:banghead:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.