3/29 Morris AMPS 329; +9 490; PMPS 452; +2 409

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10476

Well, we are off to a slightly better start to the day than yesterday.....hopefully this is a good sign! I just gave dose #6 of the higher dose....hopefully he will level off now.

How often should I be testing for ketones? My vet had said I did not need to do that anymore, but it was suggested here that I continue doing the tests. I did test him yesterday & it was negative.

WCR: Was crying for his food before I even got out of bed this morning! I am wondering if that is a sign that he went low last night, ran out of food, and is now bouncing. He was also kind of cranky with me trying to test him this morning....my hand went into his mouth, teeth were felt, but I would not really call it a bite. All other P's seem to be doing fine.

I am off to work again today, so no spot checks until around +9. Thankfully, I am only working 4 days this week & then I get a nice 4 day weekend!!!

2. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 3/29 Morris AMPS 329

I checked in on Morris just before I had to leave for work....turns out he was a very hungry boy this morning! I had put out an entire can of Merrick for him.....and when I checked in on him, 1/2 of it was gone already!!!! Just so that he won't be super starving today, I then opened up a can of Fancy Feast for him as well. I will have the kids check on his food situation when they get home from school this afternoon & let me know how he is doing.

3. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Sounds like Morris will be having a feast today! Bet he's a fat, happy kitty, lounging around while you are working hard to feed him.

4. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

He certainly is! I just talked with my kids.....he has eaten all of his food up already! That means he has eaten an entire can of Merrick plus an entire can of Fancy Feast today! I instructed ds to dish him out another 1/4 can of Merrick. I will be home in about an hour to check on him!

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Are you picking up a 20lb turkey for his dinner? :lol:
    Can you remind Morris about the full moon party at Shadow's tomorrow? We are all getting ready for everyone to arrive...and can't wait to begin our howling at the fll_moon Tell Morris to catch an early Moonbeam and be ready to dance! :mrgreen:

6. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 3/29 Morris AMPS 329; +9 490

Sort of.....I had to stop & get more Turkey & Giblets Fancy Feast on my way home from work today!! :lol:

Maybe that's the problem.....he is stocking up on his calories today in preparation for dancing the night away tomorrow!!! I think I better take him to the vets office again soon & get his weight checked again!!!

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 3/29 Morris AMPS 329; +9 490

Hungry kitty! My cats ate a ton today, too! I came home from work to empty dishes. They never eat that much while I'm gone. I bought one of these for about $49.00 from Amazon.com.
    [​IMG]
    I bought for peace of mind. And it's cheaper than a vet visit.
    So, the party's at Raja and Shadow's place?

8. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 3/29 Morris AMPS 329; +9 490; PMPS 452

Yay! He has come down a bit! Hopefully he won't drop as low as he might have last night. I have put out a bit extra food tonight.....3/4 can Merrick & 1 can Fancy Feast. I will check on the food situation before I go to bed as well & decide if I should put out more or not.

I don't have to pay anything just to drop by & have my pets weighed at the vet office. It also gets them used to the idea that the vet office isn't always a scarey place where they do mean things to animals!!! :lol:

9. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Still coming down! So far, he has eaten his 1 can of Fancy Feast & the Merrick is still in his dish for him to munch on over night. Hopefully he won't be a starving kitty tomorrow morning!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.