3.29 Nelli AMPS 264

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Behind is past, forward is Nelli
    Gosh, poor Nelli. Ears no better, hopefully no worse deep down in. Her BG numbers are also creeping up.
    I went in, at end of day yesterday to tt Vet. Vet not concerned, had to convince and I think with my answers to her questions, I did :) :cat:. The vet who examined her on Monday diagnosed a yeast/bacteria infection after taking sample and viewing under microscope.
    Zymoc was prescribed, I walked out feeling much better for Nelli :bighug:.
    This vet btw I like very much, she is great with Nelli- did her fly larva “hatched” surgery
    (under eye of Vet owner? regardless), did a great job.
    The senior (owner of practice) vet is off on Fridays and Mondays- I’d refer to her by name so you’d know who’s who in future, but I’ve been reminded this week by a Fisher who has been lurking and having destructive fun behind my website :nailbiting:. Web Moderator has caught :bighug:
    Ears have dry flakey/scales (attached) to end of ear canal, further down is brown moist gunk. One ear canal is completely closed up with this :(. @Olive & Paula have you had experienced with sick ears like this?

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I have had 2 previous and 2 current kitties with bad ears. The 2 previous suffered for years with "gunky" ears. I always complained about them to vets, many of them. Was told no mites, they just have gunk.

One night I had to take Smokey to ER not for ear but I had them checked. They were the ones who said yeast. Was given rx to use for both kitties. Although some steroid in it, it didn't affect Smokey's glucoses. Ears on both cleared right up.

Eventually switched to zymox non steroid drops. Tripper and now Olive (1 ear) have the gunk. I do clean out their ears with q-tips the minute I see the head tilt or shaking, both cats pull ears down. I gotten lacks on giving the drops. I really have to be better at it.

On another note. Husband's sister/BIL had a dog that for 10 plus years always had ear "infections", always (never liked the vet they used for many reasons). Constantly on ABs, dog went deaf eventually. About 3 yrs ago, BIL remarried moved out of state. They get a new vet, it was yeast, they treated it, dog could now hear and the personality in the dog changed to happy, go lucky, interested in everything outside.

3. Krystina & Nelli

@Olive & Paula Thanks Paula- I will update after Vet visit, before hitting the rack tonight :bighug:

4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending prayers

6. Krystina & Nelli

Ok... we are at vet now.
    Ears definitely worse than last time (Monday) :(
    Vet left room, wants to try to get a hold of Nelli cardiologist to find out if Nelli can have (an rx) low grade steroid. I’m not worried about getting high BG numbers back to well managed, I am worried about her little heart... which has continued to repair it’s self well (according to her cardiologist).
    Sitting waiting- do-dah, do-dah.
    Might not be able to continue update until 3 hours from now.

7. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Will wait for updates!

8. Krystina & Nelli

Still at vet... Nelli NOW 40 minutes late for shot, could grow into 90 minutes... skip tonight, i wonder? What do you think :facepalm:

9. Krystina & Nelli

10. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

11. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

When you're out of the vet, you'll see how late you are for the shot !

12. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sometimes you have to give a medicine with steroids in it. If it makes Nelli's BG go up while she's on it, it should come back down once she is finished. I hope her ears clear up soon. Sending prayers.

14. Krystina & Nelli

What a week for Nelli and I- glad it is almost over.
    The Vet flushed her ears out... took some time.
    Told me SO much gunk came out; and pretty confident Zymoc made
    ear infection worse... although microscope sample showed bacteria and yeast spores had remarkably diminished :).
    She would like to put Nelli on the rx (linked above) if her cardiologist gives an ok on Monday-
    Apparently Nelli went through a lot with the ear flushing and/but was a real trooper :cat:.
    I asked vet if Nelli could have Bupe inj.- she gave her one :cat: and sent me home with two :) :cat:.
    OMG, $52.90 for .9mg- Diabac drugs compound subQ 10mg $49.00 :woot:.
    Quite the disparity, wouldn't you say?!
    @Ti-Mousse how is bupe working...
    Nelli will not, cannot get a liquid down her mouth- and it's all about her drama tongue :mad:
    Thanks to everyone for thinking and caring about Nelli. It means so much to me. I'm blessed to have happened upon friends that are with me and Nelli along (this road), the way :bighug: :cat:

15. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Paul, thanks for taking time, away from me to do this :). I really appreciated it.
    I'm not as worried... her BG will rise, I'm very concern about her little BIG heart.
    How is handsome Bronx after yesterday IM visit?
    Just looked at ss... YEAH MET_____ ORAL and backin gaba down to 50mg. :bighug: sounds like you had a pretty good visit?!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad the vet was able to get all that gunk out of her ears. That should help her feel better. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

17. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I hope your little Nelli get's better soon, poor sweetie. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Krystina & Nelli

@Sonia & Leo ... thanks Sonia, me too :)
    Nelli woke me up (very early) full of spunk... I feel great mommy, get up... let’s go!
    Since I’ve been home this afternoon she is shaking her head again :confused:. Waiting to hear back from her cardiologist (I emailed her today)- GP Vet left phone mess. for her yesterday to ask if Nelli can have https://photos.app.goo.gl/dFyAzKrLGoZ8niMF9... has steroid o_O
    I hope Leo is happy :cat: and doing well :bighug:
    Thanks for your shout out to Nelli :)!!

19. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Dear Miss Nelli, hope you hear back from your cardio soon and can start meds to get back in shape !! :bighug:

20. Krystina & Nelli

Tomorrow we will hear :).
    As I mentioned in an earlier post, as long as an ear drop with steroids will only have a temporary affect on her BG rising, I am OK with that. As it is, she is rising because of not feeling good :(... as she is now.
    I just need to make absolute sure her (amazing, highly regarded in industry), cardiologist is OK with this :).

21. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

22. Krystina & Nelli

@carfurby ... Nelli cardiologist was contacted about ear infection and said... “Nelli cannot have an degree of steroid :stop: :oops: o_O