3/3 Fritz AMPS 108 +3 115 PMPS 174 +3 108 +7 113

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by DebG, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

no recent condo

It has been awhile since I have been able to post.
    Fritz is doing ok his numbers are great! I have noticed a slow change in how much he moves around.
    His weight keeps increasing even tho he is eating less:arghh:. He'll be 11 in July so with all his issues I guess he's doing good.

Have a great day and surf safe kitties!

Amy&TrixieCat and MyTitan (GA) like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Fritz is doing pretty good. It's hard to get a diabetic kitty to lose weight. I hope things are going well for you and DH.

3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I’ve stalked Fritz’s SS and he’s looking good. Hope he’s breathing is good to. Still find it crazy that there is no indication as to why he holds/ gains the extra weight. As long as he’s happy that’s what matters. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

((((( DEB)))) I have been thinking about you and wondering how you and Fritz are so I am so glad you posted. I was talking about you to DH while we were on Vaca about you touring around in an RV. DH wants to do something like that someday and you came to mind.

Sorry about the weight..... is he still on any steroids? They will cause weight gain in humans and maybe in animals too?

5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hi Deb,

Great to hear from you! I'm glad Fritz's numbers are great. Sorry he's slowing down and gaining weight. Like Bobbie, I'm wondering if that has to do with steroids. I know my DSIL has that problem when her steroids are increased.

How is his mood - does he seem happy/content? Always remember that our diabetic kitties are more than their numbers. QOL is important.

6. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

@carfurby , @Doodles & Karen ,@Bobbie And Bubba , @Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey
    So nice to hear from you all:):bighug:

Yes, he is still on the steroids at 2.5 mg twice a day. His breathing is better sure he has his moments but for the most he is breathing so much better.
    As far as his weight I along with you all agree it's the steroids:mad:, every time I try and taper to a lower dose his breathing gets worse. Iv'e tried several times to add back in the oral steroids and he fights it and his poor little nose and throat suffer.

Tricia his moods are subdued he sleeps most of the day:arghh:. About 3 weeks ago he started to sleep thru the night, it's a blessing for me. I still on most nights get up and do at least one test.

Karen Fritz loves a good stalker:D keep on a stalking;):bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bobbie we love living full time were into our 16th year and haven't looked back. We have met so many wonderful people along our travels that we would have never met living in a bricks and mortar place.;) If you decide to travel in one if you ever have questions I'm always here:):bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.