3/30 Latte AMPS-340, PMPS-261

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10578

PMPS- 154 (pred cycle)
    +3-202
    +4.25- 256
    +5.75- 297
    *again refusing all foods - babyfoods, wet, kibble until +6 - then only accepting kibble :YMSIGH:
    AMPS- 340 (food spiked with karo to slow drop)
    +1-284

Not much interest in eating this a.m. Maybe 1/3 can so far. Retired to throne after 30 minutes of being awake...but did show interest in going outside for a few minutes, and played with peacock feather for a few as well. The play and interest in outside is good. Im still pretty worried about her lethargy and lack of eating. I certainly hope its just the bouncing around, which she does not take to well. Once (or if) that settles, maybe she will feel better confused_cat

This piano thing - When I moved into this place, very quickly, I was told the piano would be moved out. It was not and i can not get it out myself. It takes up a good portion of my room. So, I put my bed next to it. The 'keys' hang out toward my bed making somewhat of a boxed in area on the ground. Latte found this to be the best 'hiding' spot right away, since I dont allow her in closets anymore (too traumatic to get out for meds). I covered the floor with sleeping bags, blankets, down jackets, pillows, pee pads, and fleece. This is now her 'leave me alone' haven. :lol: It is also wide and long enough for me to squeeze in there and lay next to her if I want. Sometimes she looks at me like, "what the heck are you doing?" and leaves the space (can be a good way to get her out! ;-) ). Other times she just lays there and snuggles with me, making lots of good eye contact, and getting many skritches. Last night she let me lay there with her for about an hour. It was very sweet and cozy. Eventually she acted as if she wanted to get up and out, so I got up and moved. Of course she was just tricking me and laid right back down in the spot I had apparently warmed up for her! :roll:

I will try the bupe tonight when I get home. Clinic is open until 8:30pm and I get home around 3:30. Should be plenty of time to call them and ask questions if any arise. Im a little nervous how it might react with her pred. Have not heard back from the vet as to whether or not I should have concerns. Just seems like sooooo many drugs at one time, ya know?

It is a full moon, so expect the unexpected today and tonight! Everyone enjoy your evenings off, as Pat has so graciously offered to entertain our cats this evening with the big Full Moon Party!

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/30 Latte AMPS-340, +1-284

Raja got all my extra blankets and quilts out and was stuffing them under the table....now I see why. she has obviously read your post and is getting a spot all set up for Latte under the table. It's not a piano, but it will be cozy enough for her!
    Shadow is so upset at your post and she snapped him out of his mood right away.
    She said that Latte will be much better after she gets her and sees all the kitties doing their ritual dances....
    Raja is so logical and very practical.

We are all ready for both Latte and Logan to come and relax a safe distance from the dancing kitties. It is set up like a cozy cave now....leave it to Raja! :mrgreen: She has two throne chairs up higher too if they want to come out at some point too.
    all set here! Just waiting for everyone to arrive! Gotta hurry though...there's only 12 hours till dark!

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Carolyn:

If you have questions about a medication interaction, I'd call the vet pharmacy at the University. Most of the MDs I work with don't have the expertise or the references at their fingertips to know the interactions between all but the most frequently used drugs. And if they do,it's only because there is a documents really bad interaction. The pharmacists or PharmD's are exceptionally knowledgeable about this sort of thing. Whenever I've called my university's vet pharmacy with a question, the staff there has been exceptionally helpful.

4. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Carolyn, I know you are wrestling with QOL issues. Tuscany will be 17 in April. She sleeps 23 hrs a day. She doesn't play with anything except once in a great while she might swipe at the ball in the round track. She eats, drinks, uses the litterbox and goes back to sleep. She doesn't go into the rest of the house at all except the kitchen/sitting area, laundry room and the living room when the sun is up. She has spent more time these last few months under the kitchen table - something she never did before. I think Tuscany is just old now and with the arthritis etc doesn't move. I know that Latte has many other health issues but some of the older cats do sleep the days away.

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Carolyn,
    Latte's piano tent sounds wonderful. I'm sure she appreciates all that soft bedding and I'm glad she lets you share it sometimes. As our kitties get older, I think we spoil them more and more. Blackie is also almost 17 and Blackie gets what Blackie wants. :lol: But he doesn't have a throne like Latte. Now he'll want one too.

I hope Latte's appetite picks up and that she enjoys the full moon party.

6. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Carolyn
    Just wanted to let you know that Max is expecting to see Latte at the party
    tonight.
    I caught him practicing how to fluff up pillows so she will be comfortable. :D
    He is also responsible for taking care of Logan so have no fears.
    Every wish of hers is Max's command!!!

7. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

AMPS-340
    +1-283
    +2-303
    +10.25- 253
    PMPS- 261
    (ate very little this a.m., ate kibble twice after I got home @ +10 and followed me around until I gave her some wet food...I think she was dropping. Dont want to know from what number).

I spoke with Latte's vet this afternoon. He is such an optimist, it kills me! :lol: Seriously, though...he is all about pep talks and reminding me of the good things. Bless his heart.

he said there should be no interaction btw the pred and bupe. Many cats who cant have metacam often use that combo. Hmmmm. We talked about adequan and the Gapa..(???). Anyway, he has not used either for situations like latte's. He thought they were good ideas and worth exploring more. He let me know he appreciated how I always challenge him to think outside the box when all resources have been used. I think it was agreed to try the bupe a few more times, but I should see immediate results if it was helping (her okay with me touching back legs, peeing properly, not limping, more active,etc).

I did not give bupe tonight because she was actually pretty spunky when I got home...and ate really well! Let's see how she is feeling tomorrow night.

He had no advice with the FD,making it clear I knew more about it at this point than he probably did. At one point in our conversation, Latte moved from her food bowl to the water bowl and started howling. he laughed and asked if she was saying hi? I said no, she was probably dropping in BG's...she was sitting high all day, and suddenly started eating, drinking, and walking around a lot. he just laughed, and said point proven. Of course I have no idea if or how much she dropped because the last check I got was +2.

Ele and Joyce- Thank you for reminding me about what old cats do. I have never had a cat before, so I dont know what to expect. What I do know is that signs like this in the past have always meant she did not feel well. maybe now some of it is that she is just old. It really is helpful for me to hear others talk about activity level of their elderly cats.

Sienne- The silly U will not ever talk to me about anything unless latte has recently been seen for the exact condition im calling about, OR they prescribed the meds. If I get a hold of dr Polzin, he will talk to me. But that's hard because he is in and out with research so much. there must be some liability they are afraid of. Good idea though! I have tried it before.

Hope everyone is having fun at the party tonight. Latte took off on a moonbeam with her throne a while ago. Hopefully she will be a little lower in numbers when she returns. But it is a full moon, so nothing really counts tonight anyway!

8. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Latte was feeling better tonight. Her piano cave sounds really cozy, I can see why she likes it.

We've used adequan and I think it helped KB's athritis. I think the other drug you mentioned is gabapentin (probably not spelled right) - I think Ele has used that with Blackie - might be what we try next.

9. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I'm glad Latte seemed to have a little more spunk this evening.

We have a 15 year old kitty here and she sleeps most of the time too. Sometimes I can get her to walk around a little, but she has arthritis and would prefer to lounge around and just watch me instead of walking. She sleeps on a pet warming pad and that seems to help somewhat. Her main activity is eating a little and turning around to sleep the other way. She still enjoys being petted and lightly brushed, but she wants me to come to her so she won't have to get up. (Just like a teenager... always wants to be waited on.)

I enjoyed the photos of Latte in Pat's condo. The one where she is waiting and watching for you out the window is so cute! And I finally got to see the famous Latte Throne. It does look just like a throne, hahaha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.