3/30 Tugger PMPS 127 +2 66 +3 63 +4 70 +10 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marvie and Tugger, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Good morning LL! Tugger had a great day yesterday and it's looking like today is off to a great start!
    Yesterday:
    http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10531

He was 109 @ +9.75 when I woke up this morning and stole the food dishes out from under them all. We slept pretty well last night, all the boys came in and cuddled with me all night. There has been playing this morning and Tugger had his routine wrestling match with Echo while I fixed breffis. They think it's nap time but mama plans to do some cleaning and vacuuming today :twisted:

Daily digest:

AMPS 88
    +4 126
    +5 152
    +7 140
    +10 132
    +11 127

PMPS 134
    +2 66
    +3 63
    +4 70
    +10 92

2. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Re: 3/30 Tugger AMPS 88

Oh, the evil vacuum monster! :twisted: I need to bring it out too, it's been way too long. I might put Tess out in the guest room till it leaves. :lol:

Attached Files:

3. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Verra nice -- did ya hoot? Hope so.

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Wonderful AMPS for Tugger today!! Hey, why not send Tugger over here early so he doesn't get stressed with the vacuum.....the terrifying monster!
    Raja & Shadow are all ready to start partying....they love the fll_moon parties. Whenever he wants to get here is fine with us!!!

5. Marvie and Tugger

I did D =)

I left a note in your condo Pat, Tugger is on his way! He's SO ready for a party! He's earned it :mrgreen: He's very happy that I waited to bring out the scary vacuum monster till he left.

The other kitties will all go hide in the boy's room (it's the only room the vacuum monster is afraid to enter) while I have it out... except Echo, who will chase it around the house and kill it's tail and offer it toys as sacrifices. Boomer has been attacked by the vacuum monster's tail before (The tail whipped up and wrapped round his neck and tried to strangle him as he was pacing back and forth... amazingly the vacuum survived it's wild ride through the house as Boomer tried to escape) so he stays in his room while I work at the front of the house, and when I move towards his room he goes to the room that's already been done.

6. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Tugger is looking good today! :lol: about the vacuum--my boys are a blur of fur that goes flying over the half-wall to get to the basement when the monster comes out! And then when it's been quiet for a while they sneak upstairs and start peeking around the wall to see if it really is gone. :lol:

7. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Good lookin' am numbers, Tugger :smile:
    Stoopid noisy vacuum monster, huh? Hope you're already at the party when your mom brings it out.

8. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/30 Tugger AMPS 88 +4 126 +5 152

I guess Tugger is nervous about the party and meeting all those new people. Or I got the vacuum monster out before he was all the way gone. Or he heard that he has to go to the v.e.t. soon. I don't know. I hope he stays at the party a while longer though because I'm not done with the vacuum monster. I could be if I had to be, but I shouldn't be.

9. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Re: 3/30 Tugger AMPS 88 +4 126 +5 152

Tess is looking forward to meeting Tugger at the party and compare strategies for dealing w/ the monster.

10. D and Noisy

Re: 3/30 Tugger AMPS 88 +4 126 +5 152 +7 140

Very interested in seeing the rest of today's BGs. You still need a 1/2 hour to move up to get back on schedule, right?

11. Marvie and Tugger

Yep, a half hour should be just perfect. What are your thoughts regarding his numbers?

12. D and Noisy

I'm on my phone so don't type to well. I think you should shoot 1/2 hr early. Before saying that for sure want to see if ps is a DD. Am looking for inverted curve. If it isn't then want to see if the next cycle improves. If it doesn't want to fatten up dose. I'll check in closer to shot time.

13. Marvie and Tugger

OK, I will be sure to come in and post a +11 and be ready to do what you think best =) I'm guessing DD is double dip? I read it in the dictionary today. He does tend to do that. Thanks, I like seeing your thought processes =) See you later!

14. Marvie and Tugger

I'll do +10 too

Attached Files:

15. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/30 Tugger AMPS 88 +4 126 +5 152 +7 140 +10 132

He's been sleeping for a while so he's already been without food for an hour and a half or a bit more. Food was removed before he came out from his nap so he should be about four hours no food at shot time.

16. Marvie and Tugger

Crap, I have to go pick up the boy. I may be a few minutes late with the +11

17. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Marvie :)
    I got a heads-up you're looking at vet switching and you're in my area. Great to meet you! First, I saw in Michelle's condo that your vet has an ambulance which suggested to me that you are using a certain clinic I once used when I lived in the Salem area. Once. Abbey Animal Hosp? UGH. If so, I have a terrific recommendation. The vets I use are also not too promotional of hometesting *as a rule* except for the one vet I see. She's fantastic, she listens, she doesn't push stuff on you and she's SMART. They have overnight monitoring, ER services now and a brand spanking new facility. She is very familiar with FDMB and wishes more of us owners were proactive, so I think she'd be delighted to meet you. And they have a waiting room for kitties only. No droolers allowed! HEHE Here's the link to their location, it's right up on the Boulevard near PA high school. http://baybeachvets.com/ The veterinarian I see is Dr. Heidi Thompson. The rest of the vets are great too, especially Dr. Key and Dr. Honaker, but my diabetics only see Dr. Thompson. They even host a writeup about Leo on there: http://blog.baybeachvets.com/?p=30

I have been around a little while, and have owned now 4 diabetic cats. I still have two, one is off the juice (Roxanne) and the other has acromegaly (Leo).

Looks like you're doing really well with your baby!
    ..Carolyn

18. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/30 Tugger AMPS 88 +4 126 +5 152 +7 140 +10 132 +11 127

interesting cycle. :smile: I think Tugger is about to ask for another dose reduction, watch for it (as if you wouldn't anyway!).

19. Marvie and Tugger

Hi Carolyn! I was hoping to run into you, I was told there was a local on here =) Thank you for the vet tip! You are 100% correct, Abbey is the one I've been using. I've been looking around for someone new but haven't been able to get many recommendations from friends etc. I tried Kempsville Vet and while I like them, they don't take Care Credit and I have to have that as backup if something big comes up. My pet sitter gave me a couple of names to look into just a couple of days ago... one of which was a vet we used when Tugger and Tux were kittens. But now that I know there is a vet with FD experience... I'll be calling them first =) That right there takes a huge load off my mind. Thank you soooo much! It's a bit of a drive for us (we are right by TCC and Landstown HS, Echo our kitten was found by the Wendy's on P.A. Rd.), with singing kitties and those pesky laws about not wearing ear plugs while driving, but it'll be worth it to have a vet who knows what's what.

I was wondering about that too Libby, looking at his SS I thought maybe there was a bit of a pattern forming but I wasn't sure of myself ;) Well, the other kitties love it when Tugger asks for a reduction... cuz it means he'll dip and mama will have to feed the good gushy stuff, and they always get what Tugger doesn't get to eat. No sense trying to save it, Bella or BB would just figure out how to open the fridge to get to it and then my half n half would spoil and it would just be a bad day ;) So I might as well just give it to them!

20. D and Noisy

Still not on computer
    that's why i wanted to look for the inverted curve
    still not convinced (like you can be convinced w fd)
    he's very responsive to food too
    might want to speriment with food

hope to be back outer soon

really great to see Carolyn here

21. Marvie and Tugger

Do you still want me to shoot him 30 mins early?

22. Carolyn and Spot

You need to get all your animals out of that clinic. Knopp is bad, bad news. Many disciplinary actions by Va Vet board, much to do with animal cruelty. Vicious cruelty. I found out about it when I lived over there. My cat was mistreated there as well, which caused me to look them up.

BBV does take care credit so you're good there. :) Dr. T doesn't know a ton about diabetes and she will probably tell you to ask me if you ask her something she doesn't know LOL The good news is, they are familiar (now) with Lantus and Levemir and Dr. T knows what the cartridges are. What she doesn't know about FD, she is willing to say, and she more than makes up with stellar care and researching. She's just that good. I will PM you my phone number in case you have any questions you don't feel like typing. :mrgreen:

Headed out to buy a rotisserie chicken for Leo, so I'll chat with you later -- again, good to meet you!
    ..C

23. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/30 Tugger PMPS 134

you can shoot early if you're home to monitor (it took me so long to come back and post that it is probably no longer "early," but I thought I would post anyway)

24. D and Noisy

Re: 3/30 Tugger PMPS 134

Finally have a screen I can see on.
    I was pondering this for some time. If it were me I'd shoot the 1.75u. You could do 15 minutes early or if it is less stressful do it in the AM.
    The inverted curve suggests a dose reduction, like Libby said, you'll want to be watching for it. It could also play out that he needs a drop more in the near future but I don't think that is the case. I'm fairly sure of he wants to go somewhere just have to see which way.
    Don't want to shoot the 30 minutes tonight. That plan was if he continued to go up, which he didn't, so that's out the window.
    What do you think? I like your thoughts about him.

25. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/30 Tugger PMPS 127

Well, I was waiting for a response because I wasn't 100% certain of your thinking on the shooting early. I'll go ahead and shoot now, it'll be ten mins early. so 8:20 instead of 8:30.

I'm home to monitor, I have company so will not be able to chat much but I will be back to post numbers!

26. D and Noisy

Is it a full moon? Is he a moon kitty?
    I know there is a Moon Party going on but wasn't sure if it was any old moon or a full moon.
    Ha, maybe he's a moon kitty.

27. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/30 Tugger PMPS 127 +2 66

He's in there nibbling on dinner again now but he was asleep on his corner of the bed when I went to test. I wonder what he's going to do when Daddy is home and sleeping on that half of the bed again. He'll probably move to my corner because I don't kick him off in my sleep like daddy does :lol:

28. Carolyn and Spot

Hi D!

((((hugs))))

Full moon Mar 30 :)

29. Marvie and Tugger

Tugger had a nice easy night. I fell asleep after the +4 and didn't wake up to get the +6, mama was tired last night. It took everything I had to get up this morning too, but I had to pick up the food and get +10 so here I am. It's taken me a half hour to get enough coffee in me to be able to type lol. Back to start a new condo soon...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.