3/31 Eeyore AMPS=185+3=119+4.5=78+5=75+6=92+7=122PMPS=414

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest
    PMPS+10=158/163. Tested twice...
    AMPS=185. Wellness Chicken for breffis, Evo for lunch. Dude got on a surfboard...shot s2.
    +3=119
    +4.5=78
    +5=75
    +6=92
    +7=122
    PMPS=414. Still, a whole 14 hours of blues and greens. NICE! Wellness Chicken for dinner, shot 2U. Will put Evo out for overnight.
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10606

Morning, LL.

Eeyore woke up in the blue.
    And I don't know what to do.
    He's always been high,
    He's quite the red guy,
    I'm surprised to see him blue!

So...Eeyore woke me up by grooming my eyebrow while Malachi sucked on my earlobe and Simon was plastered to my side. Made it hard to hit the snooze, but I did...and once I tested, I didn't even need coffee. So, he's never been this low this close to shot time. I'm sure I'll find him in the high 200s/300s or so by 6 am shot time, but if he's not, can I get some opinions as to shooting the low-for-him number? I don't have the data to confidently shoot blue with him, especially since I'm going to the hospital and then to study group and won't be home until at least 6 pm.

Eyes, opinions, advice? Thanks...and good morning!

Best-
    Michele

2. Darwin's Mom

Darwin's Mom New Member

Re: 3/31 Eeyore PMPS+10=158/163. Eyes please...

That's what you get for wishing to not wake up to red yesterday. lol
    You can always shoot less, maybe 1.5. Just an idea.
    Patricia

3. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Michele a lot can change in 2 hours as you know so if Eeyore is still blue by ps time post the number for help. :smile:

4. Michele and Esse

I know, Mirriam...I just didn't expect him to be blue at +10, you know? I fully expect Mr. Liver to have come wide awake and hard at work at shot time, so it's likely I'll do the whole f2. But if he's still blue...not sure. Just not sure.

Darwin's Mom, you're totally right...I was complaining about the red. I just don't think I expected it to be blue! Pink would've been just fine...LOL.

We will see in a hour or so...he's begging for food right now. And he's laying over the computer mouse. ROFL...he's just a character!

Best-
    Michele

5. Michele and Esse

Re: 3/31 Eeyore PMPS+10=158/163. AMPS=185. Eyes please...

Well, much to my surprise...he is still blue. I have 10 minutes to decide what to shoot...I'm considering the reduced dose of 1.5...and leaving a whole lot of food out...because Esse is due to come back down, too...

Ideas, thoughts appreciated.

Best-
    Michele

6. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Was he at the party last night? Max and Shadow both dropped low yesterday evening/night--I think they were partying a little too hard. ;-)

Or it could be that the Lantus is finally kicking in for him. It happened that way for Max.

I don't know what to do with the dose...if he was higher an hour after you tested before, then I'd do the full dose because he's on an upswing, and if he eats, he should be fine. But I've also only been at this for a few weeks, and my Max is trying to scurry down the dosing ladder faster than I can keep up with, so really, someone with more experience should be your guide.

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

How would you feel about dropping back to 1.5u?

8. Michele and Esse

I have one absence left, so...I am going to stay home and study today and watch Eeyore at least through the morning. Because of that, I shot a skinny2...and he's eating like a fiend.

I need the study time; I've saved days, so it's not a big problem. Just don't like not having a safety net, but that's all right...I've done it before. It's only 3 more weeks on this floor, and then 2 weeks in ICU...so...5 weeks total before I'm done. I can do that...

So I'm home today until at least 1...

Best-
    Michele

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/31 Eeyore PMPS+10=158/163. AMPS=185. Shot s2...

Good decision, Michele. It gives you peace of mind and more study time, too. And Eeyore gets to eat! Good all around!

Ella & Stu

10. Michele and Esse

LOL, that's the one thing that I will never do...if the dishes are empty, it's probably right before they are scheduled to be fed again. LOL.

I feel a bit guilty for staying home, but I really could use the extra 8 hours study time, and it will make me feel better if I know where Eeyore is during this. He'll probably go skyhigh, but hey...the AM blues were surprising, so who knows what's going to happen. It will be a wellspent day to be sure, but still...I feel guilty. LOL.

The cats don't quite care...Mal and Eeyore are playing tag throughout the house, Charlotte is being her own growly self, Esse is snoozing, Simon is watching the game of tag and wondering why they are wasting energy like that; Abby is hanging out on top of the dryer (it's warm...she loves it up there), Oliver is on the recliner's back, draped ever so dramatically...Pie and Emily are laying in bed, and Penguin is hanging out somewhere. They don't care I'm home, and now that he's been fed, Eeyore seems to have found great satisfaction in chasing Mal. LOL.

Best-
    Michele

11. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

This looks like it's going really well. What a good Eeyore!!

12. Darwin's Mom

Darwin's Mom New Member

Glad to see you can stay home. It will be interesting to watch. Maybe some green today?? (There I said it out loud, did he hear me?)
    Patricia

13. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Nice amps blue for Eeyore this morning and I'm glad that you have that choice to stay home and keep an eye out on him. I am sending No Bouncy vines!
    I was chuckling at you description of all your furries doing their own thing this morning. It's funny how they are, and I'm sure before the morning is over, you will have a cat or two trying to get up in your lap for their lovin time...they won't care if you are studying!!
    Sounds like you've got yourself a pretty busy five weeks coming up. I hope you get to have some r&r in there somewhere. Good luck in everything!

14. Michele and Esse

Re: 3/31 Eeyore PMPS+10=158/163. AMPS=185 +3=119 +4.5=78

Erm...he heard you. We're at 78 right now. He's behaving just fine...he just went and had a noms, was a bit squirmy during testing, but no biggie.

I am hoping he doesn't bounce through the roof from this, but we will see. This is uncharted territory for us...I have no data to even begin to guess what's going to happen. All I know is Eeyore looks good in green...

Best-
    Michele

15. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Eeyore is looking GOOD! :mrgreen: Really, that's the way it worked for Max once the Lantus kicked in. Of course, he's started this crazy tumble down the dosing ladder shortly after, but I don't know that he's in the norm on that one. It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here! :D

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Re: 3/31 Eeyore PMPS+10=158/163. AMPS=185. +3=119 +4.5=78

Look at that boy go. (I will be surprised if he doesn't bounce but I hope he doesn't!)

17. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Re: 3/31 Eeyore PMPS+10=158/163. AMPS=185. +3=119 +4.5=78

Wow that nudge up to f2 yesterday seemed to do the trick!!!

So reading your description of your house.. did I count.. 10 cats?

18. Michele and Esse

Re: 3/31 Eeyore PMPS+10=158/163. AMPS=185. +3=119 +4.5=78 +5=75

Yes, Dawn, you did. It's a fuzzbutt feline frenzy here, and they're all insiders, too. Eeyore is the latest (and last) addition...

And yes, the nudge to f2 really did something! He looks like he's going to hang out around here; there is a ton of food out, he's currently hanging out on the sofa, and he seems just fine. His pattern (as far as I can tell) is to nadir right about 6, so...we will see what the color forecast is. Yes, I expect him to bounce...I just hope it's not terribly high.

But I'm pleased now that I took the day...I will go to study group at 2, but it's been comforting to know I can reach out and test. I don't worry so much with Esse because I know her patterns already, but this is the first time (that I know of) that Eeyore has gone green, and the first time his morning numbers were that low...so I'm glad I'm here.

Back to brain herniations!

Best-
    Michele

19. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Awesome! Green but not too low. I'm glad you were home to see this too. Way to go Eeyore!

20. Dawn & Nova

Last huh.. 9 is too few, 11 is too many, but 10 is just right? I'm thinking when you say last.. it's just like when I tell Nova "ok.. last cookie.. for real this time"..

So.. going for a boy or a girl next? :)

21. Michele and Esse

I'm going for a bigger place outside of the city first. Then...whichever needs a place. And some dogs and more horses, too. LOL. In a few years, I figure I'll have quite a few more critters...

Eeyore is 122 at +7. I am liking that he's still fairly low. He's very much comfortable - nothing wrong at all. Haven't seen him in the potty, there's still food in the dishes from breakfast/lunch, and life is good for that boy right now. At the moment, he's watching Mal hop and play; he'll join in in a minute.

I'm off to study group - giant exam tomorrow (as I'm sure you've guessed), and then home around 6 and study continues until 10 or so, so I should get some good evening data on Eeyore tonight, too. Up at 3, so will get some good early morning info, as well. Tomorrow, after class, I'm coming home and dropping. LOL.

22. Dawn & Nova

Oh nicely done.. you know Eeyore probably has learned how to read condo's by now.. what are you THINKING :)

23. Darwin's Mom

Darwin's Mom New Member

Re: 3/31 Eeyore AMPS=185 +3=119 +4.5=78 +5=75 +6=92 +7=122

Nice day for sure. WOW!
    Go Eeyore
    Patricia

24. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Michele-

ohmygod_smile This is FABULOUS! I know it's scary but it's progress! Woohoo! I'm thrilled for you guys.

25. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

I did a double take on this condo - Eeyore?? In the blues and greens?!? That's fabulous to see him coming along so well :mrgreen:

26. Michele and Esse

He had a great day...lots of learning by Mr. Liver, lots of patience by Eeyore (getting poked often is still something he's trying to negotiate with me...), and lots of grins from ear to ear. Yes, Eeyore is high now, but man, for those hours he wasn't, it was swwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeettttttttttt!

Quite proud of Mr. Eeyore...just quite proud of the big'un.

Best-
    Michele

27. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

It's all part of the process. Good work!

28. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

29. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

really nice day. :mrgreen:

30. Michele and Esse

Sienne, yes to the yuck, but a) I expected this, b) he's been higher without the greens, and c) it's his first day in the front of the class. I'll take it! Like Traci said, it's part of the process, and frankly, it's early in the process (in my experience) to see that long of a steady, low, comfortable number...so hey, I'm a happy bean, and he's a happy fuzzbutt feline.

Here's to a great day, and hopefully a repeat of it sooner rather than later!

Best-
    Michele

31. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Sorry to see the great run end. But is WAS a great run :D

Great job Eeyore - but now we know what you can do, so we expect to more of that soon OK?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.