3/31 Gracie AMPS: 323 PMPS 447

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele & Gracie, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele & Gracie

Michele & Gracie Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10644 Emergency request 3/30

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10644 Regular Condo 3/30

Good Morning All-

We got through the night after our scare with an increasing blue wave before both Gracie and the bean passed out and caught some Zzzz's just before 2.

She vomitted a little again this morning, again with the muccus/foam and at about the same time...(about an hour to 1/2 hour before AM feed/shot today & yesterday (hairball), and about 1 hour before pm feed/shot on Sunday). Any thoughts?

She tested at 323 this morning. I only gave her a .5 unit dose, as no one could be home to keep an eye on her today and she has had a decreased appetite. Her siblings, although well meaning, can't do much for her without opposable thumbs... ;-)

Got eleborate feedback email from vet based on curve info I sent her monday & Tuesday. I'm starting to figure out managing this disease is more of an art form than a science! Hopping things settle down and we can get back to it.

Thought I saw a few late revelers on their way home from last night's party this morning as the moon was hanging low and the sun came up.

Hope everyone has a pleasant and uneventful day! :)

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/31 Gracie AMPS: 323

I'm wondering if Gracie would benefit from some food overnight. It might be that she has a bit of an acid stomach which is why she's throwing up a little in the AM.

You probably would have been fine shooting the full dose. It's looking like Gracie is going to bounce. You can see the pattern on her SS. She has a blue or green number and she then rebounds into the pinks or reds.

Just a thought for you to consider... Would it be feasible to get in a test before you leave for the day? It may be a matter of adjusting shot time so you are shooting earlier in the AM so you can test before you leave. Of course, it may not work if you are already getting home close to the PM shot time. I find getting a +2 with Gabby gives me some clue as to where her numbers are going.

3. Michele & Gracie

Michele & Gracie Member

Re: 3/31 Gracie AMPS: 323

Thanks! Will try a bed time snack and see how that goes.

Do you think they are real rebounds or do you think they could be reactions to me stuffing her full of carbs because I freaked out and reacted before thinking? What would be the best way to determine this for sure? Is there any way to control/prevent bouncing? (short of tying me to a chair and locking me in the basement or something)

You're right-it's a great idea. I have been trying to do this on weekends (all two so far) but we can't work it out with the work schedule. Boyfriend has a 5 minute commute versus my 1 hr, but she has trust issues with men. We are working on this and ***Hopefully*** she will get to the point where she will let him catch her. Don't understand why she is so squirrelly with him, he's like a cat whisperer with all the others (ours and the ferral Trap/Alter/Release ones he works with). But then I'm sure even Mother Teresa had her detractors...

Thank you again for helping me through last night.

4. Michele & Gracie

Michele & Gracie Member

Thank you for your insight. When you mentioned "Bounce", were you referring to the Somogyi Rebound? I found the link in the FDMB page and I am reading up on it. http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/somogi.htm Do you have any more information about it? How dangerous can this be? Any idea how long it takes to get it under control?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.