3/31 Thos - Dose up, down or stay? AMPS 107/+3 83/+5 78/+8 78/PMPS 84/+3 79

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tom & Thomas (GA), Mar 31, 2019.

1. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Previous 3/14

We have been at the same dose for quite some time, and continue to see nice numbers. But they still aren't all the way down to where I would like to be.

I would rather reduce than increase. First, however, I felt the numbers over 120 should go away, maybe fewer blues in 100-120 range as well. And while we are seeing a lot of greens, they are often in the 80s and 90s. Note that some (but not all) of the recent higher numbers have, alas, been due to operator error, a little rash of fur shots.

Could I go ahead and try a reduction? My inclination would be to first drop from 0.6u down to 0.4u, rather than all the way to 0.25u.

(I wholly discount the weird and not-so-great numbers on 3/29 and 3/30. Not able to determine any cause, I figure this was just the impish sprites playing with my head. Anyhow, we were back to decent numbers by PMPS yesterday.)

Should I instead increase the dose? Do we need this to push the numbers down that last little bit? If so, could I try just going up to 0.75u?

Or do I let this dose bake a bit longer? Sometimes I think we are stalled, other times I can convince myself the numbers are still slowly improving.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

As a long term diabetic (over a year) I would wait for one more drop under 50 as I see only two. You are close.

3. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Thanks, @tiffmaxee ! That's certainly more straightforward than trying to figure out whether I'm green enough to earn a reduction that way.

Now I have to decide whether to increase the dose, which would probably hasten the arrival of a third lime, or just wait for it on the current dose.

4. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Hi Tom :)
    I've been here a lot shorter time than you guys, so am certainly not about to give dosing advice! But I sort of stalk Thos' SS lol because so many times, it has run similar numbers to Willows. I'd probably go up by 0.1U, because that's where I'm comfortable when Willow's nadirs are in that range; but I'd probably wait a day or two, because of that 48, just to see if another was about to pop up. I'll be watching ;)
    With love, Nikki

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd stick with the current dose

He doesn't earn a reduction until he gets 3 below 50 OR 7 straight days in green numbers....he's close though!!

I sometimes held China's dose much longer than "suggested" because I just knew her so well and I would have rather held it longer and made absolutely sure she would hold the next reduction before I'd actually reduce.

nslade001 likes this.
  6. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Thank you. It means a lot to hear this from experienced and respected voices.

I try to remind myself that even though it can feel I'm not getting anywhere, all those green numbers are baking in pancreatic goodness. And it is just a bit over two months since I finally got my act together to start TR.

7. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

And I'll admit that I shadow Willow :). You are getting some pretty immaculate numbers out of her. I hope she continues to do better. I hate the thought of that cute little face suffering any discomfort.

So why after your 0.1u micro increases did you start taking full 0.25u reductions? I would have been inclined to ease back down little bit by little bit.

nslade001 likes this.
  8. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

I had actually planned on easing down, but @Sandy and Black Kitty assured me it was a safety issue to decrease the full 0.25U, which makes sense. And though I was really worried that such a "drastic" reduction (as I thought of it, after my miniscule increases) would cause her reduction to fail, she's actually been holding them really well so far :) I'm hoping there's some healing going on...

And I don't know how to quote two comments in my reply, but @Chris & China (GA) has the most gorgeous SS and obviously learned how to work these low numbers long term...it was ogling her SS that sort of gave me the confidence to hold some doses a bit longer than suggested.

With love, Nikki

9. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Thanks!!! Good to know for when -- I hope soon -- we reach that happy event.

nslade001 likes this.