3/6 Belle, AMPS 205, +4.5 237, PMPS 211

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by icesnow, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icesnow

icesnow Well-Known Member

2. icesnow

i m not sure what that is, google shows many different kinds/brands, which one do u recommend?

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Belle's appy picks up.

Here is the fortiflora I've used in the past:
    https://smile.amazon.com/Purina-For...12&sr=8-3&keywords=purina fortiflora for cats

Also, here are some tips to try and get a cat to eat:

Do you have any parmesan cheese? If you maybe sprinkle a little of that on her food, she will perhaps eat? usually ondansetron is better for nausea than cerenia but it doesn't hurt to give her the cerenia....it can help.

Can you finger feed her....either see if she will lick food off your finger or will she let you dab some on the front of her tongue or on the roof of her mouth? Just be careful that it's only a small amount and that you don't get it down her throat.

Here's some info Jill often posts when a kitty won't eat:Here are some things you can do do entice your cat to eat:

-sometimes in order to get a cat to eat you even have to resort to dry it is more important that they eat. there are a couple low carb / grain free brands -- EVO and wellness core.

-making a buffet to give him choices
    - heating food

sprinkle food with :
    - forta flora -- a probiotic you can get at vets or online. is very smelly and cats love the taste of it.
    - parm. cheese
    - smashed crumbles of dry food
    - Purebites Duck Liver -- crushed and put on as a topper.
    - bonito tuna flakes
    - halo chicken treats -- crumble into dust over food
    - poor a little water from tuna in water over food ( I use low sodium/no sodium added as other kinds in water has veg. broth in it and I assume that means onions, which are toxic to cats-- check labels)
    -powdered oregano. yep sounds weird . but some cats like it and it will entice them to eat.

other ideas of foods to offer your kitty to stim appy:
    - trader joe tuna for cats
    -baby food -- beechnut turkey and broth or chicken and broth. they have no onions or other additives. some babyfoods have onions . please read labels if you can't find beechnut.
    - kentucky fried chicken
    - deli turkey /chicken
    - plain cooked ( boiled or baked ) chicken breast
    -canned chicken for people (watch the label that their are no onions)
    - chicken broth -- low sodium

icesnow likes this.
  4. icesnow

5. carfurby (GA)

I've not heard of that helping a cat's appy, but since you have it you could try it and see if it makes a difference. It won't hurt to try it.

icesnow likes this.
  6. icesnow

my vet also prescribe this to help stimulate appetite (for my other cat)

IMG_4857.jpg

7. icesnow

Belle vomitted

8. icesnow

+4.5 @ 5pm, BG 237

9. carfurby (GA)

Sorry about the vomit. I hope Belle is feeling better now. Some people here have used the Mirtz to stimulate the appy. You have to be careful the cat is not nauseous when you give it. :bighug::bighug:

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Please test Belle for ketones. I hope and pray they are negative.
    Sending more appetite vines to Belle.

11. icesnow

he threw up after i gave it to him, so it prob came back out.
    he had some mild diarrhea too

12. icesnow

i don't know how to test for kentones tho.

13. icesnow

dinner 630pm (didn't eat much)

0.5 u sub-Q fluid

PMPS @ 11:15pm, BG 211
    0.5 BCS + left over (didn't eat much either)

Belle hasn't eat much these few days, and sleeps most of the day, seems a bit lethargic

14. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I hate it when my cats are off their food. It is so worrying. Cats can not go very long without enough food. It can affect their liver. Do you think you can get him to a vet? Sometimes they can't tell what's wrong. Ginger did this recently. She was not eating any cat food, but she would eat cat treats. Not good. My vet gave her an injection of B12, and an injection of Cerenia to help with the nausea, and she got an injection of famotidine for the tummy acid they get from not eating. I also bought some Cerenia tablets in case the inappentence continued, but within 24 hours she was eating just fine again. I wish the same for Belle, that he is eating fine again, very soon. You can buy FortiFlora from the vet to help with the diarrhea, and it may help to entice his appetite too. Best Of Luck. :bighug: I hope he is okay, and it's just a temporary tummy upset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.