3/6 Buzz PMPS: 148, +4: 47, +5: 61

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Buzz, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8199

WCR: Buzz is feeling fine today. No special kitty antics, just napping in the sunbeams and cuddling with her brother.

As far as dosing, I just want to make sure I'm not supposed to be increasing the dose. If it's just a matter of her working up enough to not bounce at all and it's just a waiting game, I am totally fine with that. I just want to confirm that I'm not falling down on the job. ;) Not sure what is going on today, but it's all just part of the dance, I guess.

Oh, also, when a pen has gone bad, is there any way to tell besides floaties? In other words, is a pen absent of floaties a good pen, or can there be no floaties and it still has gone bad?

Additionally, how do I get approved for the backup board for the Lantus community? I applied a few days ago but wasn't sure if I needed to do anything else.

Thanks, and I hope you are all having a great weekend! :)

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/6 Buzz AMPS: 234, +4.5: 251/Dose question

I don't think I would increase the dose yet. Sometimes we do increase the dose on cats that are getting green in an effort to bring the range down, but right now Buzz is still getting some 50's and 60's so I think you should just wait until we see a more upward trend (or until things snap into place and the yellow goes away).

For the backup board, send a PM to Jill so she can go there and look for your application.

Bad pen - they can be bad without floaties. Usually the sign is inconsistent numbers or a sudden lack of response. Cats CAN get good numbers on a bad pen so it's the loss of consistency that is usually the key.

3. Sarah and Buzz

Re: 3/6 Buzz AMPS: 234, +4.5: 251/Dose question

Awesome! :) Thanks for the quick reply. I will PM Jill and continue to wait some sort of change from my precious little kitty cat. :)

4. Sarah and Buzz

Dosing question AND meter explanation below:

Here's the situation: we have 2 meters, a Precision Xtra and a One Touch Ultra. We have been using the OTU for quite awhile, and for the entire time Buzz has been on Lantus. We are almost out of strips for it, though, and we have 100 strips left from the Precision Xtra from awhile back. Money is tight so we are using the Xtra for now.

This morning at +4 when Buzz was in the mid-200s, I tested with both meters to see how far off they were. The difference at those numbers was 50 points. Tonight when Buzz was at 47 on the OTU, the difference between the 2 was only 4 points (51 on the Xtra). Tonight's PMPS was the only number that has been recorded in the SS with the Xtra. My question is, do I just need to note on the SS what's going on, or do I have to somehow take the difference into account for dosing? We only have a few strips left for the OTU, maybe 5.

It's late and I know not many are around at this time on a weekend. Buzz technically earned a dose reduction today, but I'm going to see what she's at tomorrow morning. I will shoot through the rebound if she is high, and because 47 is so close to 50, maybe not reduce for tomorrow morning's cycle even if she's not high (we will be home and can test throughout the cycle if necessary). If that happens, I will definitely seek advice as to whether to reduce for Sunday evening's dose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.