3/6 Frank PMPS 86, +1 130, +2.5 207 Is this a bounce?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Delma and Frank, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delma and Frank

Delma and Frank Member

well, surprise on me. I didn't expect these BG numbers today. I am tempted to not feed and see if he goes any lower then I would have some additional data to use in the future.

2. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Re: 3/6 Frank no AMPS, +3.5 81, +5 43 should I feed the 43?

Yes, but a little bit of HC wet if you have it?

Edited.. duh wasn't thinking.. you should feed 1 tsp and check in 15 mins to make sure he's not continuing past the 43

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

oh how nice!

can u retest in 15min as well?

4. Delma and Frank

Delma and Frank Member

don't have HC wet..just FF..which is lc. I will test now..(has been at least 15 min.) & give the FF if he has gone below 43. BTW, No symptoms on his part.

good plan?

5. Delma and Frank

Delma and Frank Member

Re: 3/6 Frank no AMPS, +3.5 81, +5.5 43, +6 50

well, he's up to 50.

6. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Good you need 2 numbers above 50 to relax, so please test again in 15 mins.

Also you will need to pick up some HC for next time. :)

7. Ronnie & Luna

hey ya did good!

YUP! you may want to stock up on some FF flavours that contain gravy, anything grilled, minced, sliced, is a good choice, and label the cans with a marker so u know they are reserved for times like this.

if u need the list of flavours here is the link to Janets food chart for fancy feast
    http://binkyspage.tripod.com/CanFoodOld.html

8. Delma and Frank

Delma and Frank Member

this mean 2 more tests with numbers above 50...right?

9. Ronnie & Luna

at least til Frank starts surfing in a safe range, the next tests will tell u that, should be coming back up - unless he decides to do what he wants :lol:

10. Delma and Frank

Delma and Frank Member

Re: 3/6 Frank no AMPS, +3.5 81, +5.5 43, +6 50, +6.5 56

he's coming back up! This means that today the nadir was at +5.... will the nadir always be around +5?

Now I am thinking his PMPS will be low.

11. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 3/6 Frank +3.5 81, +5.5 43, +6 50, +6.5 56/nadir @+5.5?

I know this is not going to come out right, so pls let me apologize in advance.

I'm glad you know your cat well, because from the data in your SS, I wouldn't know that Frank's nadir is at 5.5. Perhaps you know that from your time of vetsulin use... but I'm not knowledgeable enough on vetsulin to know whether the nadir times or both insulin are the same.

Also, what I see from your SS is no AMPS reading.... theres is a slight possibility that you shot a green number this morning. In itself, it's not a bad thing (if you are home to monitor, have strip, gravy, etc...) however your next test was at +3. Our motto is shoot low to stay low, but it's also get a +1 when you shoot low.

One last thing ... pls as Ronnie and others mentioned, get some high carb wet food in your house. The alternative is to be creative with Karo and LC, but pre-mix HC is just easier.

Glad to see that Frank is nice and green today!

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/6 Frank +3.5 81, +5.5 43, +6 50, +6.5 56/nadir @+5.5?

nice green today!

Did you have a preshot reading today and it just didn't make it onto the spreadsheet? And I agree with the others, go out today and buy some high carb food (mine like Fancy Feast grilled varieties with gravy). Frank brought his number up ok today with low carb food, but if he hadn't, then the high carb food would have become your best friend. Mark the cans as "HC" with a sharpie and put them on the top shelf of the pantry so you don't accidentally feed them for a regular meal, but always have several cans on hand for when you need them to help guide a cycle.

Most likely Frank will bounce high from these low numbers, but if that happens, don't be tempted to shoot a higher dose! We just have to wait out the high numbers, they will clear out on their own, so just shoot the regular 2.25 dose.

13. Delma and Frank

Delma and Frank Member

Re: 3/6 Frank +3.5 81, +5.5 43, +6 50, +6.5 56/nadir @+6?

I wasn't saying it was +5.5, I was asking about his nadir. I also mistyped , I meant to type +6. I am wondering...since Frank's BG started going back up at +6 today, can I assume that his nadir was at +6? Also, does this mean that any day it is +6 or does it vary? I have not clearly determined Frank's nadir yet.

I'm only using Lantus for a short time, but I believe nadir times are different between Vetsulin and Lantus. Frank is responding quite differently to Lantus, too. With Lantus, he needs less dosage and also his BG is held down for a longer time.

Thanks for chiming in, I can use all the tips I can get.

14. Libby and Lucy

Re: 3/6 Frank +3.5 81, +5.5 43, +6 50, +6.5 56/nadir @+6?

nadirs can and do change, but usually they stay in the same neighborhood at least. Some cycles will look different, though, especially if there is rebound in the picture.

15. Delma and Frank

Delma and Frank Member

Re: 3/6 Frank +3.5 81, PMPS 86

I lowered it...I just couldn't do 2.5 U. I'll test him and feed if necessary. Can't wait to see the bounce.....sigh.

16. Delma and Frank

Delma and Frank Member

Re: 3/6 Frank PMPS 86, +1 130

any thoughts on these numbers....? I was afraid to continue with 2.25U, so I shot 2 U.

17. Libby and Lucy

Re: 3/6 Frank PMPS 86, +1 130

nice shooting. :smile:

Frank hit the 40's today, so he is probably ready for the reduction. If it doesn't work, we can always go back up again in a couple of days. Can you get a +2 tonight? We want to see if he is bouncing, or if he is going to go back down tonight.

18. Delma and Frank

Delma and Frank Member

Re: 3/6 Frank PMPS 86, +1 130, +2.5 207

He's up again.....

Is this a bounce?
    His rising numbers confuse me.

19. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/6 Frank PMPS 86, +1 130, +2.5 207

yes, it looks like frank is bouncing after hitting 40s today.
    congrats on the reduction! 2u is the new dose. don't raise the dose even if his amps number is high in the morning. stick with 2 units, k?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.