3/6 Latte AMPS-244,PMPS-174

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8152

Last night:
    pmps-143ish (pred cycle)
    +2.25-323ish
    +5.5-278
    +11-255
    amps-244

I rolled over in bed well before the crack of dawn and was startled by....a furry face in mine! :shock: Seriously freaked me out, because ...well...since when does Latte get in my face while Im sleeping?! Its rare enough to find her on my bed when Im sleeping. She was Oh so excited I was awake! I thought maybe it was late, so quickly scrambled for my phone...4:45am!!! grr_red Then, :idea: ....+11 test! She may never wake me up like that again. :lol:

Latte had such an amazing day yesterday! So steady, so low nailbite_smile , so tolerant, and so soft. I was proud of letting her body do her thing without intervening - pushing more food, adding karo, etc. If I could not be home all day, things would have needed to be different -for her safety. Im glad I was home and could watch it all go down, tho! Very, very proud of her! :mrgreen:

Latte is slowly eating bfast, a little more hyperfocused on water so the saucers may have to get put on top of the bowls soon, bright eyed, and sniffing for the plastic wrapper she found in the kitchen a few days ago. She thinks its the best chew toy in the world, so I had to put it up and only allow supervised play. ;-)

Im grateful she is here after all this time and having some good days! cat_pet_icon

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/6 Latte AMPS-244

Great report Carolyn....sweet Latte waking you up....it's always too early when the kitties wake us up, isn't it?
    St. Patrick's day is far away for the kitties, don't you think? Can they go 11 days without a get together? Well, we certainly must have a St. Patrick's Day party, right? what would this year be without one....
    We will get out the shamrocks and start painting the place green for the big day! Good idea about getting it together early. Can you help me spread the word, Carolyn? I don't want to miss anyone when I go around inviting, so can you help me out with it? :YMHUG:
    Oh no...Raja heard us....she is always on the lookout for another PARTY...she ran and told Shadow and the two of them are dancing in the living room now... :lol: Partying about the news of the party.... :lol:

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning. How lovely to be woken up gently by a beautiful, furry face! Our wake-up calls are somewhat different (see the description in Stu's condo today)!!! We wish you another really good day, Latte. Eat your food and enjoy playing with your wrapper!
    Ella & Stu

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I love that Latte as 'in your face!' What a great way to wake up, well, except for the fact that is scared you!! Great number to start today on, as well.

5. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/6 Latte AMPS-244, +2-100

I suspect we will be tweaking this dose downward a bit before Im back at work on Tuesday.
    But who knows, maybe she will surf 100 today?!

I DID give fluids after +2 test. However, I cut them in half from 50ml to 25ml (or there abouts) because she has been drinking a TON of water since 4:30am. She had a few choice meow's with me when I put the saucers on top of the water bowls. There was just too much drinkin' and not enough eatin' going on. 3/4 wellness is gone. I hope she will get up again and finish it off soon.

Let's see what a +3 brings!

Btw...did she not clear that bounce in record time?!??! It's like the good ol days.

6. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Very sweet.

7. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I am reading some very good Latte reports these days, and it makes me happy to see how well she is feeling and that the two of you are getting so much good quality time together.

8. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Re: 3/6 Latte AMPS-244, +2-100, +3-80

You're doing such a good job with Latte!

9. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

wow....fabulous report! Looks like she may plan to keep you on your toes today as well!

Great job, ladies! Can't believe she cleared it so fast. Wonderful.... cat_pet_icon

10. carolynandlatte

Hello Surfer Girl!!!
    [​IMG]
    +4-81

11. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Great report, Carolyn. I'm so happy to read that Latte's been having some good days. Hope she surfs again today and continues to have these good days!!

I failed to set my alarm this morning and Logan woke me up at 6:30 on the dot! I get up at 6 during the week and 6:30 on the weekends (his shot is at 6:45). He was ready for his breffus! Had to tolerate testing/shooting, though. :mrgreen:

Hope you both have a great day!

12. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice :mrgreen:

13. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/6 Latte AMPS-244,+5-58, +5.5-67

Wuz gonna wait until at least +5.5 before next test, but she was going to kibble (which I swiped) and redirected to wet food. She ate some, then tested a few minutes later after she was looking all bug eyed and walking around at a time when she is usually crashed out.

Getting a little low for comfort. I guess wait and see if the +5.5 was from food and she drops again or not.

14. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 3/6 Latte AMPS-244,+5-58, +5.5-67,+6.5-62

Well well well....what the day you and Latte have had. Lovely surf indeed. :mrgreen:

15. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/6 Latte AMPS-244,+5-58, +5.5-67,+6.5-62,+9~120

I guess somebodies liver didnt want to sleep all day, like yesterday. She did go a little lower today, too.

Yesterday I had her eat some food out of the can @+9 when she was starting to rise, and when I did her +10.5 she was back down. Might have just been a fluke, but thought it was worth a try....she could always use more food, even if its just a little.

16. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

What a lovely day for Latte!

17. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

what a great day, starting with the wakeup call and continuing for the whole day. :mrgreen:

18. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

Let's see if little miss p comes out to play today.... wonder if she'll drope just a hair...or if she's definitely on the climb..

she's been surfing well the last couple of days! You're my idol, Latte!

19. carolynandlatte

Recap:
    Amps:244
    +2-100
    +3-80
    +4-81
    +5-58
    (It is possible she went lower btw +4 and +5, I was going to skip +5, but she got up about 20 min before that and ate on her own, pacing with big eyes,just not usual behavior for that time of the day. She was tested approx 10min AFTER food).
    +5.5-67
    +6.5-62
    +7.5-87
    +9-120 (fed 1-2tsp food...did not help today,but she liked it :mrgreen: )
    +10.5-134
    Pmps: 174

Bouncing a little faster today. Wonder what happened between that +4 and +5. Maybe something, maybe nottin'. She has been sweet all day, mostly sleeping, and demanding of cuddle time under the covers twice. Still thinks its too cold to do anything other than stick her head out the door when I open it to give her free range of the patio.

Happy Caturday night!

20. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Wow! What a great day for Latte!
    It sure sounds like she's doing much better now.
    That morning think made me laugh; it's funny how we automatically think we are late and kitties are waking us up for tests and shots.
    Let's hope she has a nice evening to match the daytime.

21. carolynandlatte

I have a question about the shed.
    If the shed is what is used first, then is it safe to say whatever is shot on a cycle is not what the body will use, rather what was shot the cycle before?

I ask, because Latte has turned down all food tonight except Finally a few treats and kibble a little while ago. She vomited about 10 minutes later. As we are pushing the envelope with her a.m. cycle, I'm wondering if I should skinny up the dose (we know it is going to happen soon anyway) in the a.m. in case she does not eat overnight or well in the a.m.? But if the insulin that will go in her body tomorrow a.m. is actually from her shed (tonights shot) then whats the use? Mine as well wait the dose out a few more cycles. I am just really glad she did not vomit this afternoon with those numbers! whew!

She seems fine. I did not see the pukus right away, but afterwards she seeked me out in the kitchen to play. I gave her some cerenia, but it was pill form of course, so who knows how effective. She also ate a few tsp of babyfood. Once I know her tummy is settled I can give an appy stim. I would wait until a.m. at the earliest.

Thanks for any clarification

22. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/6 Latte AMPS-244,PMPS-174 shed clarification ?

the term "shed" was coined in LL awhile back. the widely used term for the shed is "insulin depot" and contrary to popular belief, applies to every insulin (not just lantus).

this is from the petdiabetes wiki:

Insulin Depot

One's subcutaneous "spare tank" of insulin, which has yet to be used by the body.

Because no insulin injection is immediately 100% absorbed by the body, the yet to be used insulin stays under the skin, the system drawing on this "reserve" as needed. Any such insulin effects that last after the insulin's expected action is over are also known as carryover in some literature.

If you're using only intermediate-acting or long-acting insulin alone (without any short-acting insulin), about 24 hours worth of insulin requirements are in your depot.

The larger your insulin dose, the larger the insulin depot in your subcutaneous fat tissue. Having a large vs smaller insulin depot means the effect of the insulin can be less consistent--more chance of it varying from day to day. This same insulin depot is the reason why it can take anywhere from 2-5 days to see any effect of insulin dosage changes.

This handy "extra tank" is also there to give you a hand if you miss or are late with an injection.

On the other hand, when you do miss an injection, your "spare tank" is very low by next injection time, and so the next injection may have less effect than expected!

http://petdiabetes.wikia.com/wiki/Insulin_depot

hope this helps...

23. carolynandlatte

:lol: Maybe its late and Im tired!
    Im not sure if it answers the question in there...or am I missing it?

Maybe I should just put my energy into praying and sending Latte good vibes to eat and not vomit! :mrgreen:

Thank you though, Jill!

24. Jill & Alex (GA)

i posted the definition of insulin depot because your original question started out with "if the shed is what is used first".
    the shed/insulin depot is the insulin which is yet to be used by the body.

i'm probably missing the question. it's been a long day and there's not enough coffee in the world to help this tired brain tonight...

25. carolynandlatte

Ha! one tired person asking and one tired person answering...could become comic.

How about this....

If i shoot a reduced dose tomorrow (or anytime), the reduction really does not take effect until the next cycle right?

If I shot 2 units tonight, but only 1.5 tomorrow a.m. then tomorrow a.m. she is actually getting 2 units (whats in the shed) and the p.m. cycle will reflect what I shot in the a.m.

that was hard to type, but i think im saying what I mean.

26. Jill & Alex (GA)

if you shoot 1.5u in the morning, it will still have some of the residual effects of the higher dose working with it. there's no way to determine if the leftover effects + 1.5u will equal that of the 2u dose, but we can safely assume shooting 1.5u in the morning will have a little extra oomph to it.

lol! is that how you spell oomph?

27. carolynandlatte

oomph? umph? LoL

Ok, I get ya. ECID as to how they may respond to a one time reduced dose. I dont want to reduce because she has found some ooomph!

Now the question is how much of that kibble she ate and vomited will affect her come morning. Does puked kibble stay in the system in some sort of evil way? What a dbl whammy that would be. Eat, puke, and still have high numbers from something not in your system.

dont worry, no need to answer the kibble question.

Get some sleep soon and enjoy your Sunday!

Thanks Jill.

28. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

as far as food --kibble in and out undigested, is same as no kibble in. However( you knew there was going to be a however didn't you ? ;-) ), many cats numbers rise from the stress of vomiting and/or the underlying cause of the vomiting. Then there are the cats that feel better after a good barf and if there is less food than usual in the system ( along w/ a *good day*) ....... well .... you get it.

Can you tell what kind of vomiting this was? A feel better/relief barf or cp flare or constipation stress or upper gastric motility issue or furball regurd. or acidy tummy from CRD or IBD flare or ?? It is not easy to figure out with so many factors. But sometimes you can pull it apart and then you can act on that and be aggressive toward the underlying cause. If only they were able to speak english,eh?

I'm thinking latte is overdue for a nice bounce. Be interesting to see how she does tomorrow.
    Hope her appy perks back up. Eating and happy cat vibes on the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.