3/9/19 Olive AMPS 411; +6=328; PMPS 374; +4=316 CONFUSION

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

So yesterday's news was not good. Today I read up and see what is next. Monday is her echo. Dosecrease on board. Gabapentin is now 3 times a day. Have to talk with my vet once he gets the report and see what his views are.

Still snowing again today, hopefully it will stop soon. A cleaning day for the bean.

Have a good day everyone.

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh Paula! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Olive & Paula likes this.
  3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

4. Olive & Paula

Thanks Judy, need those hugs today.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  5. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you find a treatment that will help Olive live a pain-free life. :bighug:

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

This is a "keep putting one foot in front of the other" time. :bighug:

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Olive & Paula

Yes it is. Can't afford the CT scan but will try to narrow dx down as close as we can. Plan is to keep working on glucose levels and keeping her comfortable. And spoil her rotten.

9. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good plan, especially the spoil her rotten part. :bighug:

10. Olive & Paula

A member in another group had a couple of auto feeders she was offering up. The one I was inquiring about arrived today. Brand spanking new, never opened. Microchip with stainless steel bowl. She wouldn't even accept shipping costs. Going to set it up for Tux so maybe he won't wake me to eat, but will keep Olive away since its the 2 hrs preshot time. Really have to love members who do that. I will pay it forward when I can.

11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending some healing vines for Olive and :bighug::bighug::bighug:these are for you. She is better now then where she was. :bighug:

I bet I can guess at who that guardian angel is on the food bowl. High five.

12. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I had to read yesterdays post a few times. So sorry to hear and agree your plan is a great one. Knowing the issues does also help with going up in insulin and the fast tracking until you see blue is a good idea. Hopefully when the radiology report comes back it'll give a more definitive answer.

Ugh, on the heart...wonder why the CardioPet BNP came back normal:confused: Lots of :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: and give Olive extra scritches for me.

13. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

14. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Hugs Paula. I am so sorry that the news was not good. She is still a lucky kitty that you wanted her because she will do the best she possibly can in your care with you love of her.

15. Olive & Paula

Since Jones has IBD you might have seen the post.

16. Olive & Paula

CardioPet is for muscle . Irregular heartbeat is electrical/conduction interruption. In beans most irregular heartbeats can be controlled with meds or pacemaker. This I'm not worried about. Scritches I can do. Hugs are so welcomed right now.

17. Olive & Paula

Thank you Sandi.

18. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wow on the petsafe that was gifted to you. With the bad we get a slice of kindness. These forums are amazing with amazingly kind and generous people. It overwhelms me with all the time and love that is sent via electronically.

Here are more vines to you and sweet Olive and I hope that you get some good news and direction ASAP. :bighug:

upload_2018-3-9_12-8-20.png

19. Olive & Paula

Yes the people on forums are amazing. This is the wonderbowl selective feeder. It's only good for one meal or holds 1.5 cups of dry. The stainless bowl that came with it is to deep for wet food. But I have what I think are called finger bowls from my grandmother China set that fits perfectly. So Tux will get this feeder so he won't wake me up 3-4 am. Have to train him to use it. Could be interesting.

20. Bobbie And Bubba

Good luck with the training. When training my two, I set up the feeders for the times I would normally feed and took the boys to the feeders to manually feed them as soon as the bowls opened up and did that for about a week. That way they would associate the noise the feeders make to "time to eat" It worked. :cat:

21. Olive & Paula

I put the feeder down where Tux's bowl goes, while fixing his food he kept getting close to feeder and it would open, he'd back away so it closes. He kept doing that. So when I went to put his food in it, he got close so it opened but then he saw me put his food bowl in it and he ate. So it's just a matter of him learning he is the one who opens it.

22. Olive & Paula

Don't get excited, keep reading. My vet calls to tell me the ultrasound report he received was totally normal. Absolutely nothing wrong. I said it's not what I was told and Dr even gave me measurements of mass. So my vet called to make sure he got the correct report. So he call me back and said he got an early fax with the default settings, before the Dr could enter the the parameters. So my vet said there is a super large mass in the worst place possible. He mentioned the name of one but couldn't really make out what he said but said let's hope it's not it as it's a stick of dynamite ready to blow (thank you for saying that) even a biopsy would be dangerous to attempt. We see him next week and will do the urine test and a blood test for something and I will get the acro and iaa test even though this one could be false reading. We talked about insulin but that story is for another day. Told him he has to trust me about lev. I reminded him I've been right about Smokey's p'titis and heart and now Olive that something was wrong and got tests done on my own. In the end he said he would give me a script for lev.

23. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I hate when they give you an update without really giving you a full picture update? I hope it isn't the one he said and it something else that can be fixed or dealt with.

24. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Paula, I'm just getting caught up. I am so sorry to hear the news about Olive's troubles! I know this is hard on you, in all aspects of the word. Sending tons of (((hugs))) for you and gentle scritches for Olive. She is a very lucky girl to have you fighting her corner. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::cat::cat::cat::cat::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Scritches for Tux and PJ, too!:cat::cat:

25. Olive & Paula

Thanks Lucy. Can only take one step at a time right now.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  26. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

That's the best way to move forward right now, Paula. My prayers and my heart are with you. ❤️

angel3.jpg

27. Bobbie And Bubba

Hugs and more hugs Paula! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

28. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

And more.....:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

29. Olive & Paula

Thank you Judy. They are most welcome.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  30. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Paula, I am so sorry to read this. Keeping you and Olive in my prayers:bighug::bighug::bighug:

31. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I hate when they inadvertently use language like that, I'm sure it was a foot in mouth moment, but insensitive none the less. Is there a way to figure out or rule in/out the things he said it could be sans a biopsy? Will any lab tests point one way or the other with it? I'm glad he relented and gave you the Lev prescription. That's one small success. Hope there's some things to be done for Miss Olive and that regardless of any diagnosis or lack thereof, she is happy to be in a loving home, acting like a cat and isn't bothered by any of these things. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

32. Olive & Paula

There a specialized blood and urine test we are going to do that will I believe tell us if it's Cushing disease or not. There is one type of tumor that doing a biopsy is way to dangerous and would probably not survive from what the Dr says. It's like a stick of dynamite and the biopsy needle would be the plunger. They need the ct scan to determine that. So basically there isn't anything to do except the blood tests for acro, iaa, and cushings. I don't have the script in hand yet but I told him I would not switch to N insulin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.