3 different # in a minute

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stacy n kendra, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacy n kendra

Stacy n kendra Member

1. Ok I just check it was532 check a sec latter 360 a sec next 414 think my monitor is wrong? Don't even know what to put on spread sheet

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The 360 and 414 seem closer together. Manufacturers can have an error margin of 20% with the meters. Either pick one of those numbers or do the average. It doesn't matter too much which you do.

I think you can increase to 6.5 units now.

Kendra is at the dose size where we generally recommend getting them tested for high dose conditions. The two we recommend first are the IGF-1 test for acromegaly and IAA (insulin auto antibodies) test. Your vet would draw blood and send it to Michigan State University, which is the only place in North America that does those tests. One in four diabetic cats has acromegaly, which is caused by a benign tumour on the pituitary gland. My Neko had both acromegaly and IAA.

ETA: Here is the link to your previous post. We include those links so people can easily read the history. http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/traveling-when-doing-a-curve.191725/

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.