+3 gb 46.8

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Clark, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark Member

Gave her more little higher carb food she is eating. Need to give honey yet. Just seems really hungry.

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Yikes. Ok glad you caught that. Well now we know 0.5 is too much at 190-210. Test again in 15 min

3. JanetNJ

Don't give too much food all at once because we may need to continue steering a few more hours.

Do you have high carb gravy food? If not you could put a few drops of karo/honey in the regular food.

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Holy moly!! This was unexpected! Did you think to do a retest in case that 47 was from a wonky strip? I'm SO glad you tested at +3. You'll have to give a little high carb food, wait 15-20 minutes and retest repeatedly for the next while until she's above 50 and holding, eventually on her own - ie., no carbs to prop her up. Stay as calm as you can.

JanetNJ likes this.
  5. Kris & Teasel

Please post here as soon as you get the next test done. You'll be testing more than you're accustomed to but we need this data to see what she's doing.

6. Kris & Teasel

@JanetNJ , are you around for a bit? I have a friend visiting and can look in intermittently but might miss one of the test postings.

7. JanetNJ

Yeah

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  8. Clark

Clark Member

59 she ate. Some low carb and some higher carb.

9. Clark

Clark Member

She was just a little hungry when I got back. Check again in another 30. +4. And keep eye on her. Well it hasn't really left since she got diagnosed

10. JanetNJ

OK that's a safer number but still has 2-3 hours before her lowest point so you'll have to keep testing unfortunately. Don't feed any low carb at this point... You don't want her to fill up on it. If you have any temptations treats those things work well to get bg up. Test again in 20 min. If it goes up we will wait without feeding for the next test. If it's holding or lower we will want to give more high carb food.

Generally we say they are out of the woods with three rising tests that are not food influenced.

11. Clark

Clark Member

Ok. I'll she isnaping I will just nudge her every 10 min. Idk. .5 and that kinda drop. In scared to give her any insulin at this point.

12. Kris & Teasel

I just looked in and saw this. Keep doing what you're doing and Janet is here to help. Don't worry right now about the insulin. That decision is hours off.

13. JanetNJ

It's a good thing that she's needing less. :) although nerve wracking for people. Lol. But this is why we advocate testing so much. It's not uncommon for their insulin requirements to change.... At least testing you are able to catch it and steer! You are really doing great with her. I predict she will be going into an off the juice trial in the not too distant future. :)

14. Clark

Clark Member

Yes. She is back to herself. Bugging me. She created me when I got back. Been about 2 months ago. When just noticed water drinking. Then about month ago peeing all the time.

JanetNJ likes this.
  15. JanetNJ

What's the latest test?

16. Clark

Clark Member

On spread sheet. 56. Gave few more treats. She dropped a little. Test again soon. Coming up to +5.

17. JanetNJ

Ok

18. JanetNJ

5 is usually the nadir but sometimes 6... So keep testing every 20 min until you get three rising tests that are not food influenced.

19. Clark

Clark Member

Ok. She was 101 +5. No food test again. In 30. I

Yong & Maury GA and JanetNJ like this.
  20. JanetNJ

Nice number

21. Clark

Clark Member

Yah. She new something was up. She went to town. First on ff. Then treats. What a ride.

JanetNJ likes this.
  22. JanetNJ

I'm glad you caught it early so it wasn't scary low

23. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Glad you tested her to catch that. :)

24. Clark

Clark Member

.5. and such a low reading. Have you seen this before? Possibly of remmision?

25. JanetNJ

Yep it happens

26. JanetNJ

:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting: ok let's hear it.... C'mon Charlie.... Give us a good number.

27. Clark

Clark Member

Just checking. We're at +6

28. Clark

Clark Member

106 . She ate alot too. On .05... She is out of danger. Check +7. She is sleeping so tests are easy. I might wait till + 8. Let her get little rest.

JanetNJ likes this.
  29. JanetNJ

I think that would be fine. She's surfing along now. :). Great job monitoring today.

30. JanetNJ

Hopefully no bounce later

31. JanetNJ

So going forward I would say no more than 0.25 when it's 200-250 and no shoot under 200

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  32. Clark

Clark Member

I can barely read my siringe. Only in units. And yes. Im even hesitant for any injection tonight. But I'll wait for #s. And hold off on food till pre shot?

33. JanetNJ

You can feed but not 2 hours before preshot. Low carb now. ;)

34. Clark

Clark Member

She is cleaning her whole body again she stopped about a month ago. She just did face. She was to busy peeing and eating. Something has changed.

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
  35. JanetNJ

that's awesome!!! That's a great sign of feeling good!!!

Those small doses are hard to see. What you want to get are 3/10 u40 with 1/2 unit markings.

36. JanetNJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.