30 Aug - Grem - AMPS 196, +6 85, PMPS 110, +3 67, +4 74 (question, non urgent)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Gremlin (GA), Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

And bounce.

At PM+10 he vomited a small amount of liquid (and a little hair) three times. Then just before AMPS twice more but smaller amounts. Second day he has only eaten half his breakfast. I just found three more bigger lots of vomit (all over my dining chairs and table, grr), not so much liquid, probably from before two hours ago.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds like Grem may be trying to get a hairball up. I hope if that's the case, he does soon. :bighug:

3. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

There wasn't that much hair in it that I could see. A little hair ball at PM+10 but that was all. I suspect he has IBD so it could be that acting up. Hopefully he settles soon.

4. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

C'mon Gremlin. Tummy settling vines on the way.

I wish I had some insight, but my girl hasn't had too many vomit episodes and most of those have been hairball related. So, just sending vines.

Marilyn and Polly

5. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Gremlin now seems to be feeling better and he has his appetite back.

Thanks for the vines!

6. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

I have a small dilemma... I know it's still a few weeks away but mud to late September I have to go out now town for training for work. At this stage I don't know if I'll be staying down there for a night or coming home and if I do come home in between I don't know if I'll be here at shot times. I can probably organise someone to do his PM shot/s but I'm not sure about the AM shot/s. There would be no BG testing done either. What do I do???

7. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hi Laura.

I'm sorry Grem has had an upset tummy. If the vomit is mostly liquid, it could be from acid. I give Harvey 1/4 a 10 mg tablet of Ondansetron Famotidine twice a day to combat that.

Regarding your upcoming absence, Grem has been looking pretty good lately, numberswise. It would be a shame to break the momentum, but the most important thing is to keep him safe. If you have someone to give a shot at PM, but not AM and no testing, you might have that person shoot a lower dose, like .5, just to keep the depot from draining completely, and leave out plenty of food. How many days will you be gone? If you can come home at night, that would be ideal, because you could test a couple of times, in which case the person that is shooting at PM could give the current dose.

Let's wait until it's a little closer and see where the numbers are.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  8. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

It looks like the initial vomit was food but it just kept going and going over hours until there was nothing left. He seems to be fine now.

The training is two days (I was initially told three) and I'm not sure if I'll be back for the one night. If I do come back I may not be back until late both days and may have to leave before shot time in the mornings. I will try to arrange to come back so he can have his PM dose and I can monitor him. If I leave before shot time in the mornings I could perhaps give him a half dose a bit earlier or something.

Anyway, it's a while off yet.

9. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Laura. I made a mistake in my earlier note. It's Famotidine, no Omeprazole, that I give Harvey. I take Omeprazole, myself. :facepalm::oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.