? 3–10 Gizmo Cerenia ? AMPS=145; +2=129; +4=64; +4.5=58; +5=72

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chubba (GA), Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

After really questioning the switch to Levemir the first few cycles, last night was the 5th cycle on lev and I think the lantus depot is gone. He had a flat blue night! Who knows if this will continue, but it was nice to feel safe and get some sleep last night. I think he could probably use a slight increase to 2.25 units, but I’m going to keep him on 2 units for now (due to limited monitoring next week). After all, he is still in great numbers on 2 units!

Hoping the IGF-1 test is back for when we talk with the vet today. I’m so curious to see the results.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for a flat kitty and getting some sleep. I hope you get your test results back today. Any luck contacting the manufacturer about exchanging the vial?

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  3. Chubba (GA)

So much for a flat kitty. I thought we were safe to leave for a hour or so. Gizmo greeted us with a 64 @ +4 when we returned. :banghead:

4. Chubba (GA)

2tsp MC given at +4
    1tsp HC & drop of honey given at +4.5

5. Chubba (GA)

Will post more about vet visit later tonight or tomorrow, but she did prescribe Cerenia to help Gizmo eat. However, the package I got states “for dogs.” Is this a drug made for dogs, but cats can take or should I call the vet in the morning to exchange it? Thanks.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's fine to give it to Gizmo. The package I got for Furball was like that too.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Cerenia is given off label for cats. Neko got it too.

Less that 2.0 units. Wow!:cool:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.