4/1 Logan AMPS 303

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly & Logan, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10705

Logan still won't eat much. I finally gave him some Friskies Fine Cuts Chicken & Gravy - he ate a little over 1/2 pouch. Better than nothing. He ate about 1/2 of a FF chicken appetizer and maybe 1/3 of a tuna appetizer. He woke me up at 4 and was hungry but wouldn't eat. He finally ate a little bit of a chicken appetizer - maybe 1/3.

He's due for the stimulant tonight, but I forgot to ask the vet if it was ok to give it to him while he's taking the Anzemet. I'm assuming it's ok. Should I give it to him?

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Not sure about the answer to you question...but I am here to deliver hugs and emotional support...I can do that! Hope you have a good day Kelly...he did eat some stuff...put all those things together and it was maybe enough for him? It was like a buffet table...so many different selections for Logan to choose from!
    so here are HUGS (((((Kelly & Logan))))) :YMHUG: and lots of good wishes from Raja & Shadow...

Guess you weren't able to test for the ketones yet? Nice AMPS though...right? that's a good thing... :razz:

3. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I just wanted to stop in and say "hi" to you two. Hope Logan will feel like eating soon.

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kelly
    variety is the spice of life and whatever you can get into him, all the better.
    I also don't know about the meds.
    Big hugs that he eats more today, very nice low AM number.

5. Kelly & Logan

Re: 4/1 Logan AMPS 303, +6 240

DH2B said Logan ate some more Friskies at lunch. He said Logan seems to have a bit more spring in his step so we're hoping he's finally feeling a little better. He had a decent drop today (well, decent for him) so hoping and praying that's a sign the inflammation is coming down.

6. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

303 to 240 is a great drop, and that's in light of a higher-carb food, right?

I hope the new month brings good health to Logan.

7. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Raja & Shadow wanted me to check back in to see how Logan is doing tonight...I will tell them that he ate and seems to be better. I like the sound of "there's a lot more spring in his step". Hoping for a good night for you all... :razz:

8. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Nice to see Logan in yellow, WITH food on board. So glad he is feeling better. Keep it up, Logan, we're all rooting for you.

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad to hear that Logan is eating a little bit. I hope that means he feels better.

10. Kelly & Logan

Re: 4/1 Logan AMPS 303, PMPS 321

Logan still has major diarrhea...not good. He ate some appetizers and a little bit of Friskies, maybe 1/2 pouch. Does anyone know if there's something I can give him for the diarrhea? I don't suppose I could give him some pepto or immodium?

11. paige

paige Well-Known Member

(((((Kelly))))) I am glad to hear that Logan ate some, but sad to hear he has such diarrhea. I read that pumpkin (because of the fiber) can help firm up stool. I am not sure how or if it affects BG's, but at this point we just want to get Logan feeling better. I hope his inflammation goes down soon so his appetite and diarrhea will get better.

Maybe someone else will know about the pumpkin.

12. Kelly & Logan

I bought some pumpkin to try but he won't touch it - I even tried rubbing some on his lips thinking he'd like the taste if he could get over the smell but no luck. At this point, we're not too concerned about the affect on his BGs. We'll work around those, we just want him to eat and feel better.

13. paige

paige Well-Known Member

We ALL do :sad: Logan is always in my thoughts and prayers. What about slippery elm? I am not sure if that would have any contraindications with his meds.

14. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

No, never medicate unless you've checked with your vet. Pepto's active ingredient is salicylate; cats don't metabolize it well. See http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm ... 9&aid=1456 "Salicylates can be fatal to cats. Bismuth subsalicylate should NOT be given to cats except under direct supervision by your veterinarian."

15. Kelly & Logan

Is there anything that I can give him? Can't really ask the vet at the moment and the ER vet said that I had to bring him in. That's not happening. I hate the ER vet.

16. WCF and Meowzi

i'm sorry, i don't know :(

17. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever mentioned Slippery Elm? I was reading about that....

18. WCF and Meowzi

i've read mostly good things about it for vomiting, diarrhea, and constipation (seems counterintuitive, huh? but ppl who've used it swear by it). but also see cautions here. I can't give it to Meowzi because she's prone to hypercalcemia.

19. paige

paige Well-Known Member

That's what I was afraid of with Logan's other meds.

20. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

When Quincy had diarrhea problems last Nov, the vet not only sent me home with some Flagyl but also two syringes filled with liquid Immodium. I think there are a couple different Immodium formulas, but I know it was a people version because initially the vet said I could buy it at the drugstore but then just gave me two syringes' worth to save me the trip and from buying a bunch of it given he only wanted Quincy to have one or two doses.

I have read in a number of places that Pepto Bismol is dangerous for cats, though.

Hope this helps!

21. paige

paige Well-Known Member

(((Kelly))) Forgive me if I have overlooked any of your condo's since Friday. Wondering how Logan is doing and if his diarrhea is any better? Hugs and purs to you, Logan and DH2B.

22. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

We don't see any condos for Logan since this one Kelly....we are sending HUGS to you all there....
    hoping that Logan is ok....hope to hear form you if/when you get a chance....
    (((Kelly & Logan)))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.