4/11/18 - Luci - AMPS 247,2+71,2.5+61, 3+48,3.5+87, 4+119,5+140,7+260,10+263, PMPS 313,2+228

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo

Thought she was going to slide down nicely yesterday morning - but then she decided to take another direction - back into the yellows...going to sit on the sidelines now and watch her for the next 4 cycles at 1.5 until we try another dose increase - fat 1.5 might just be enough to nudge her to the lagoon and not push her into the deep end...somehow we've got to be able to outsmart this disease!

Juliet likes this.
  2. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Good luck with that. Been trying to outsmart it for months. Silver is joining Luci with the same AMPS this am.

3. Sue and Luci

I'm sorry to hear that...I'm so frustrated lately - I feel like crying - I'm afraid that I'm going to lose this battle and lose my little Luci girl - makes me very sad but also very determined to do my best to try to help her...but I'm very disappointed that all of my efforts thus far - not to mention the expense - has failed to get her into those healing zones. I guess I worry too much - I worry that she's going to develop other illnesses related to her diabetes - I read about many other poor cats with so many health problems. I feel like I'm already at my max abilities to take care of my ailing Luci - just don't know if I've got the hutzpa to handle anything else...I'm afraid she's going to break my heart...seems like they always do anyway...but I just didn't want it to be for another 10 years or so...oh well...I'm depressed about her lack of progress...but so thankful for this group of supporters. I don't know where we'd be without all of you...guess we're all in the same boat - I depend on input/feedback every day to hopefully guide her to where she needs to be...

I presume you've tried the fat dose or skinny dose too? That's what I'm going to try after 4 more cycles to see if Luci responds to just a 'little' more insulin...God only knows...

4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Just keep doing what you're doing. If you weren't giving any insulin her numbers would be a lot higher. Hopefully she will turn a corner and start coming down soon. We have to always have hope :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Hang in there, Sue!! Sooner or later, you will find that magic dose! You are helping Luci by giving insulin. :bighug: Do not worry about the unknowns. Everyone here has gone through the same feelings and frustration. We know and we are always here to help. :bighug::):bighug:

Juliet likes this.
  6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I see progress even if you don't. I see she is earning reductions once you got to that break out dose of 2.25u. And she has held those reductions until this 1.5u. Maybe adding that F will help get her to more reductions.

The more important questions....how does she feel? The 5 p's in place?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Juliet likes this.
  7. Sue and Luci

She feels wonderful! She's playful, does nice work in her litter box (both pee and poop)..eating very well, likes to go out and lay on the lanai floor - yesterday it was very warm out there (high 80's and very humid)...and I let her go out there - she was loving the heat! I stayed in for the A/C myself...

And now another fast drop! I'm stunned that she's gone this far down, this fast! 71 at 2+ I fed her a tsp of MC + tsp of LC FF - let's see if I can steer her along without anymore crazy plummets...gotta teach her to surf, not dive! I can test her again in 30 min to make sure she's not heading down to the sharks again.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Ease it out, Luci!! :nailbiting:

9. Mandy & Rex (GA)

@Bobbie And Bubba, another lime green today! Is 1.25u recommended to try tonight, even though Luci isn't seeing many greens?

10. Juliet

Juliet Guest

What does with the sharks mean?

11. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Lime greens

12. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Oooh. I see!

13. Sue and Luci

Juliet likes this.
  14. Mandy & Rex (GA)

It looks like HC did its job a bit too well for Luci. :rolleyes:

15. Sue and Luci

I know...I will check her again in an hour - she's getting tired of all the poking now - was hiding behind the couch...so I'll give her a one hour break instead of every half hour - maybe she'll put her toe in the lagoon again once the HC wears off? That girl is just full of surprises!!

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  16. Sue and Luci

Yesterday ... or was it the day before...the recommendation was to try a fat 1.5 if she didn't see a green today - now with the dive - and her reluctance to go to the lagoon - perhaps a skinny 1.5 would be in order before dropping her to 1.25? Obviously I'm no expert - but that was discussed...She sure didn't wait out the 6 cycles to dance with the insulin. I just never know what to expect from her... Haven't heard from @Bobbie And Bubba yet today...we have plenty of time to think about next dose for Miss Luci. Who does whatever she wants to do anyway....:facepalm:

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  17. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

OH LUCI You've got some 'plaining to do ( said in my best Ricky Ricardo voice )

So, she cleared the bounce in 4 cycles. Yes! Progress. Guess we won't be fattening up the dose ;) Since she made it back into greens in record time, I would reduce her to 1.25 since she earned it fair and square. That flat blue cycle last night was telling us that she was up to something.

18. Sue and Luci

Okie-dokey - yes, this girl is really keeping me guessing..So tonight we'll take it down to 1.25...hopefully she'll show us some green soon?? I'd marked cycle 6 on her SS - guess I can toss that - now I'll be watchful at cycle 4? If I hover much more over this cat she's going to disown me...:D

19. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Remember... CATS!! They love to keep you guessing.

[​IMG]

20. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm not sure if I've stopped by Luci's condo before.

I just scrolled down Luci's spreadsheet. I'd encourage you to do the same. There's a shift in the colors. There was a lot more yellow back in January than there is now. We all want our cats regulated, or better, in remission, yesterday. As someone has no doubt pointed out, this is a marathon, not a sprint. Even more, we are not wholly in charge. There is no way to know which kitties will be here for 5 days or for 5 years. And our cats like to play with our heads. You are doing your very best. I suspect that Luci knows this. The one thing that Lantus teaches us all is patience.

21. Sue and Luci

I'm so glad you stopped by for a visit! Thank you for your encouraging words!! I will try to step back from her SS and have a long distance look...I'm a bit miopic - only looking at what's happened in the last week or so...

Luci is chillaxing on the lanai here in the Florida sun - she sends her best wishes to all of you :) upload_2018-4-11_18-16-35.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.