4/11 Buzzy AMPS 109 = 0.5u; PMPS 97 = 0.5u; +3 (99)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by toomanycats, Apr 11, 2020.

1. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Buzzy today. :cool:

toomanycats likes this.
  3. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Go Buzzy! Keep those numbers down :)

toomanycats likes this.
  4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Lisa --

I'd like to make a few suggestions, if you don't mind.

We use a specific format for the subject line so we can track a kitty if we have lots of windows open but also if there's an emergency that you are asking help for. We need to know both the date and the name of the kitty. A subject line should read:
    Today's date-----Kitty's Name-----AMPS-#, and the other times and BG# (See this link: New to the Group)

If you are able, I think you need to get more tests. When you see a 66 at AM +4 or a 56 at PM +2.5, I would be concerned that numbers may still be dropping. From your spreadsheet, I really can't tell when Buzzy's nadir is. Even if you were getting a curve on a regular basis, nadirs can and do move around. My kitty typically had an early nadir (like around +3), except when she didn't! There are a lot of days when you don't have any spot checks -- which I realize may mean you're not at home to get them. I'm concerned that Buzzy may be in lower numbers and you're missing reductions. In addition, one of the ways of earning reductions is if nadirs are in the normal range (50 - 120 -- or preferably all green) for a week.

5. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

@Sienne and Gabby (GA) I promise I always follow the title format...except today I must've either accidentally deleted half of the title or just...had a brain fart & I'm not at my computer again til right now.

I'm testing as much as I can. Honestly. I am in complete survival mode right now... I'm 30 weeks pregnant, I have contractions whenever I so much as stand up (though I'm literally running all over the place anyways and wearing a belt to try to make them stop), I'm basically passing out the moment my kid is in bed (except forcing myself to stay awake for PM tests if his number is under 90), I'm working my full-time tech writing job while taking care of my 4-year-old on my own...I'm doing the best I can. I AM home, I just blink & it's night time. I try to grab 4ish/4.5 vs any other time because both of his reductions were evident by around +3. And, of course, you see more PM tests because...well...my kid is in bed & I'm not working.

Also, I thought the "other way to earn a reduction" was if ALL numbers are in normal range for a week? Not just nadirs? Including AMPS and PMPS? Does this mean I should reduce again now? He's been below 120 at even AMPS and PMPS for over a week...idk it just felt too soon to me...he still gets so many blues.

TBH I've considered just not posting because I realize I'm not doing this by any sort of book right now & I feel guilty every time I'm called out on it...which I have been a number of times. I really really really know I'm not following protocol exactly and that I should be getting more tests. I also just am trying to keep my head above water in the rest of my life.

6. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

(Actually, tbh, I thought it was all numbers had to be 100 or below with the occasional "very low 100" for a week to earn a reduction without going below 50... guess I got that wrong...)

7. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

@Sienne and Gabby (GA) actually...yeah this:

"Alternatively, attempt a reduction when the cat regularly has its lowest BGs in the normal range of a non-diabetic healthy cat (50 - 80 mg/dL) while staying under 100 mg/dl overall for at least one week."

This is saying nadirs in 50-80 but staying under 100 overall.
    And he's obviously not been under 100 overall for a week - he's still regularly low blue.

EDIT: or...do they mean NADIRS should be under 100 overall?? I might've TOTALLY misunderstood that...

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Lisa -

Let me make a suggestion that will take the pressure off. Follow SLGS. There is more flexibility with that dosing method compared to TR. TR is a protocol that has a research base and for a variety of reasons, it works best if you stick with the the "rules." SLGS was developed here and there is considerably more flexibility. You don't need to test as much and we're more likely to try to figure out how you're approaching testing/dosing vs calling you out because you're not following a protocol. (TR is a protocol vs SLGS which is a method, if that makes a difference.) The challenge with SLGS is that it would be helpful if you can get a curve.

You have your hands full. Take the easier approach. Buzzy's numbers look good. If you decide to switch to SLGS, remember to change the information in your signature.

9. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

I'd just rather not go to SLGS because look how far we've gotten on TR.... by SLGS "rules," I'd be required to decrease him right now; by TR, I don't think I would... and I'm wary of decreasing too quickly.

I just...want to get back to being able to do TR. I really really really really want to give him the best chance of at least TEMPORARY remission when i'm in the hospital giving birth. The anxiety over those two days is intense... and we're already on half of the dose we were on... I just...don't want to back track :(

10. toomanycats

toomanycats Member

I promise promise promise to get back to more frequent testing.
    I promise. I know I need to do it. I can't promise it'll be more than 4x a day very often, but I will try. 'cus yeah he's seeming to be REALLY flat the last 2 days with just the few numbers I've gotten, and I know that's not enough data and we need to see if his nadir is later.