4/11 DAVIDSON PMPS 132, +3 104, +5 -115, +8 - 210

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

A good start to the day..........

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope it is a good day for Davidson.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start. I hope you see some green today.

4. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Did an extra test at +1 as I have to leave now (+2) for a Dr appt and back at +4...........I hope I can catch him in the green and he doesn't go back up...........but he does look good the last couple of days with nice blues

5. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Ahh, caught it!! GREEN at +4.5.......I did a test at +4.25 and he rose a bit to 110, but I could see his activity level and so tested again............

QUESTION: tonight is Cycle 10 for this dose and I think I should increase it again as Davidson is still consistently surfing in the yellows every evening, and mostly blues during the day. He has shown a couple of green times, but not many. Your thoughts??

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Reason for edit: added text
    Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

The greens are very high greens and they are sparse, plenty of room for an increase on TR, but nearing a reduction for SLGS. Are you following TR or SLGS?

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

And those greens are all high greens. If I were in your shoes, I'd go for the increase!
    There's plenty of wiggle room for an increase...

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Yes, thanks Jill, I was going to increase in the morning by .5 again as I'm here all day, and the next, the next, the next.........haha. He is doing very well and if you compare his SS from the last time he was at 2.75 units and did well and then dropped slowly but achieved many greens on a steady basis. Thanks for the encouragement :))

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

Hmmm, seeing as you're seeing high greens, I think it would be a much better idea to increase the dose by 0.25 unit... to 2.5 unit. Increasing by a half unit may be asking for trouble.. not to mention setting him up for a bounce. Besides, just think how much easier it'll be to measure 2.5 units. It's on a line!!! :D

10. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Well, my reasoning is that he was very comfortable last time, he’s been yellow pretty much every night and I’d rather go the higher dose and immediately reduce it then have to go another 3 days only to increase it again (possibly). I did the .5 increase this time and he’s done great, no real bounces. My Vet said it should be fine today when picked up Harley ((dental day)) and he actually laughed as he told me to put Davidson on 2 units right away last month. Hindsight is 50/50 and we can’t go backwards....they are also high greens and there is a lot of movement....I’m home, I know Davidson and if I have to be awake 24hrs I can easily do it since I’m ADHD and don’t need sleep haha. Even with the .5 increase a few days ago, he still only reached green twice and for a minimal time ( I caught them cuz I tested in 15 min increments) and still has fairly high yellows with the 2.25 dose. He will be fine, he’s got the best mommy

11. Jill & Alex (GA)

It's your decision. Vets are used to adjusting doses by 0.5 - 1.0 units at a time. I prefer to err on the side of caution, but that's just me. I also prefer making smaller dose adjustments. Tomorrow doesn't concern me as much as what could happen once the depot is full...

12. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

My vet is great, sends me all their diabetic clients to teach them the TR and point them to this forum, so he is aware of how we work. I’ll see in the morning now his numbers are and if they are in the low blues then I’ll consider the .25 increase and if there is no reaction I can increase after 4 cycles.

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  13. Jill & Alex (GA)

Sounds good.
    Good luck!

14. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

HEY Jill...........Davidson must have been hearing you.............he just did his pmps at 132 which is his lowest yet, so we'll see what tonight brings and then the morning and take all of your considerations into concern. Thanks and hope you all have great tests tonight!

15. Jill & Alex (GA)

Ha! Davidson wanted to remind us who's in charge! LOL!

16. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Well, Mr. Davidson just gave me a 104.......so now I guess I'll wake up in a couple hours since this is his first low blue since Marc 31st and not been this low at night.........ahhh, yes who's the boss? Davidson, that's who!

17. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

18. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Nice day and evening for a change, other then pulling yellow last minute at 4:30am, but it was a low yellow ;)..........dosecrease this morning and it will depend on how his BG is at 8:30 amps time.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.