? 4/11 Ming PMPS = 72, +2 = 83, +4 = 130, +6 = 99 How to shoot low on Levemir?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-9-ming-pmps-158.213025/

Heeello! Ming had a high day all day on 4/10. Then he dropped back down. We had our first "is it too low to shoot?" Levemir moment at shot time this PM. Unfortunately, I was at work and could only advise my mom with what I've learned on Lantus. Couldn't post because of work, of course.

I almost wanted to shoot when my mom told me the PS number but thought I'd play it safe since I wouldn't be home until three hours after shot time. If I were home, I might have.

What should I do if this happens again on Levemir? I almost think it's less important that what the PS number.

Here's what we did tonight. I ended up telling my mom to feed because I didn't want to stall any longer.
    49 @ 5:50 PM
    50 @ 6:05 PM
    49 @ 6:20 PM
    FED 1/2 can of FF
    PMPS @ 6:45 PM = 72

2. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

“Dosing methods” and “tight regulation” stickies at top of this forum have some info on low pre shot numbers.

Hopefully someone with more insight than I have will chime in soon to give you more info.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  3. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm sorry. I'm on the run, but wanted to give you something to begin digesting before I left. The info in the sticky, Tight Regulation: Becoming Data Ready to Shoot / Handle Lower Pre-shot Numbers, is what you're looking for.

You'll need to know how YOUR kitty is responding to insulin... when the following occur.
    • Onset - the length of time before insulin reaches the bloodstream & begins lowering blood glucose
    • Peak/Nadir - the lowest point in the cycle
    • Duration - the length of time insulin continues to lower blood glucose
    Becoming data ready is imperative to making sound decisions. The data you've accumulated will give you all the information you need.

Have a good day! :)

Crista & Ming likes this.