4/12 Gordy AMPS 386, +2=407, +10=109 | PMPS 127

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), Apr 12, 2019.

1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-11-gordy-amps-287-6-161-10-196-pmps-260.213116/

Icky start. Not only a near red but he threw up his whole brekkie this morning too. :rolleyes:

Last night, I was looking him over (i like to do it every few weeks). I got to his front paws and saw what looked like dried litter. So I tried to get it off and he yanked his paw away a hissed.... soooo. I looked again and it looks like he has an ingrown claw or something. Funny thing is (well, not funny...) that he is declawed :oops: he was declawed by my parents as a kitten and he has always had little nubs of claws. (I think he was declawed too young.) wouldn't be the first time he has had an issue with them.

Vet appointment booked for tomorrow *sigh*

Here's a terrible photo of it... Its hard to capture without another set of hands LOL
    20190411_220840.jpg

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Gordy. I hope it's nothing serious. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Awww poor Gordy, :( I hope things go well at the vet :bighug:

4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck. Sometimes vets don't get it all. I'll spare you the details of a declawing I was witness to as a vet intern. :(

5. CassAndGordy(GA)

I don't really blame the vet... I blame my dad. I distinctly remember Gord going in for the neuter and declaw and the vet called and express concern that he was too young. My dad didn't want to bring Gordy back for another surgery and pressured the vet to do it. If I had my way, he wouldn't have been declawed... its pretty cruel and brutal. The cat before Gordy was a hellion with her claws and did thousands of dollars of damages to our house :blackeye: So while I didn't want it to happen, it was the condition of being able to get him. I don't think his claws were fully grown and attempted to grow back.

Raptor and Rex have theirs still.

6. CassAndGordy(GA)

+10=109
    PMPS 127

Well, this is nice! Hopefully he behaves becuz lm leaving for a few hours.

His paw is bleeding now. I think there was a scab and he must have worked at it while I was at work. I am happy I'm bringing him in tomorrow. It looks like his little nail stun is in his paw pad.... which should theoretically impossible... it'll get squared away, but, man, I hate bringing him to the vet :blackeye:

7. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

It's the worst part of being a cat...going to the vet. He'll feel better after though. :bighug:

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck getting that fixed. Rex is declawed in front. I found him as a stray. He's so sensitive with his front paws so I wonder if any funny business is happening in there, but I don't feel anything.