? 4/13 DAVIDSON PMPS 159, +2-137, +5 - 93, +6-104, +9 - 163

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Davidson keeps sliding down to green for you.

3. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Today is the second day of the slight increase and he's happily in the blues.

If there are no greens this evening then I think an increase is in store again tomorrow to 2.75u. It is imperative that I get him on a dose that works, as not only am I going away soon, but there is no communication where I am, or it is very limited. I need to get Davidson on a dose that works and maintains in the greens. The pet sitter is not here 24 hrs a day and will not be able to monitor and test when Davidson is at his lowest BG counts, so that's why I'm taking a more aggressive stance on this, not to mention the TR is geared for newly diagnosed kitties, Davidson is entering his second rodeo show and the first one was only 3 months. Yes, we ALL want our guys and girls to be OTJ, most never achieve this but I know we all try, some are fortunate like myself to be here to do the rigorous testing.

Sending vines and happy thoughts to all on this Friday the 13th!!

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Today is the only the 3rd cycle @ 2.5 units.
    Let's see what he can do once the depot has formed/is full for this dose.
    I'm kind of confused by this.

When a caregiver leaves a pet sitter in charge, we almost always suggest shooting a reduced dose to keep kitty safe for two reasons:

• In most cases, a cat will eat less when their caregiver is away. Less food will often result in lower blood glucose levels. If a cat is already running in low numbers, the chances of experiencing a hypo increase.
    • Shooting a reduced dose will hopefully keep kitty's BG numbers high enough for those pet sitters who are not available to catch kitty's lows.
    I fully understand wanting to get Davidson to a dose that works while you're gone, but not sure about his safety if you want to maintain him in greens while your pet sitter is in charge.

5. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Sorry for confusing you...........I meant to say I'd like to get Davidson on a dose that can see him see greens on a regular basis (don't we all, LOL) I'm here for 4 weeks and if I can succeed in getting him comfy on a dose whether increasing or decreasing, and it works for him then that will be easier for the pet sitter. For example, now I'm increasing every few days to find the dose that works, and I think we are almost there. For that reason I suggested upping the dose tomorrow another .25 (since I was going to increase it by .50, but went with your suggestion as I thought it made sense and did the .25 increase). So, if I increase another .25 tomorrow I still have lots of time to increase more or even start decreasing to a point down the road (maybe in 2 weeks) that we find a dose that Davidson is comfy with and stays there for a while - as in 2-3 weeks before he earns decreases (if he even earns them).

Yes, you answered a question (with thanks) that I was going to ask in a couple of weeks, in that when I'm away and in order not to see too low of BG levels, I was going to ask if decreasing the dose made sense and now I see it does. I'll wait and see what he's doing prior to me leaving to see how much we decrease.

Now, you don't know Davidson, cuz he's just like me and nothing gets in the way of our eating, LOL.......my pet sitter is great and really interested in this site as this is her business and she has multiple certificates on pet first aid, does dog naturalpathy and had training in dog massage. Much of her work is dogs in the medical side, but she sits for cats too. Davidson is her first diabetic one and she's already been testing him and practicing with needles and food colouring. She's read up on the TR and all the pages and pages of info I copies from here, and what I've detailed for her. She will be great, but I'm not sure she will test 15 times a day that at times is needed. I know I go overboard but I am intentionally testing lots to show her the journal and she can then see the patterns for Davidson when he's high, low and surfing...........the more info I can train her with the better for Davidson.

As for maintaining him in greens while I'm gone, I'm hoping he will be there before I'm gone and then she can then maintain the dose or a bit lower................that is what I was trying to convey.

For that reason I was questioning the increase for tomorrow which is the start of the 3rd day for the 2.5 dose.

Hope it makes sense................THANKS!

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Here's hoping Davidson stays blue all night long............

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Thanks for clarifying!
    Gotcha, but... since the beginning of the month and when you've held the dose for 6 cycles, Davidson typically responds favorably to the dose increase on the 5th cycle. You're getting closer to a good dose. Close enough to see greens. They've been high greens, but they're not going to be for very long.

It just seems to make the most sense to me to see what each dose can really do... how low it'll take him... when you're this close. That means hanging on to the dose for 6 cycles. Something we tend to forget... increasing the dose every 6 cycles is an aggressive approach in itself.

Just my opinion... I don't want to see you rush at this point. You're too darn close to pulling him down into mid-greens. To me, it's worth sitting on your hands for 2 more cycles to see what the dose can actually do.

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Good advice as with his +2 it was a good number that was lower themost others at that time. I also thought that another day wouldn’t make that much of a difference. As I agree cycle 5/6 was always his best. I felt is tomorrow which is now today, haha, was a good reading at amps then that would tell me to hold. Davidson had an all blue day which is a first which tells me it’s workong.

He’s taking his sweet time and perhaps being 4 yrs older he’s not in a rush.

I’ll be doing a a +5 and one more pending that result.

Hope you’re all getting some sleep as I’m up befefore the alarms went off.

9. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Ahhh, look what Mr. Davidson pulls out his hat for the first time in the PM's..........what a good boy! So now I have to be up in an hour and guess the results speak for themselves and he will remain at this dose for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.