? 4/13 -Luci AMPS 231,1+227, 2+202, 3+169, 5+200,7+275,10+291, PMPS 236,2+215,4+179,6+178

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo

Ok, just passed the 4th cycle - let's see when she visits the lagoon today? Ever the optimist :)

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hope she slides on down poolside.
    Work the Juice Luci!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Just taking another look at the SS, if she doesn't hit green today, you might want think about calling it a failed reduction and taking her back up to 1.5u.

Dosecrease threat issooed Luci..... You'zz on da first warning.
    Dep BFG
    :cat::cat::cat:

4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Listen to the pro (Gill). :)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

Thanks for that - should I increase tonight or tomorrow morning? I'm reluctant to do it at night - in case she dives deep...mama bean hates that alarm to get up every hour when she's playing in the lagoon ' never leave a child, I mean cat unattended in the lagoon' ...right? I'm leaning to tomorrow morning unless she dips a toe in today...she sure has a lot of yellows on her SS now...

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

She's been flat yellow since last night so, I am hoping that means she's getting ready to go lower. Otherwise, I agree with Gill about taking her back up. It's not uncommon that kitties will dance around the same dose a few times.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Sue and Luci

Finally a medium blue - tuna snack at 4+. Maybe she'll visit that lagoon soon? I'll keep checking...I always wonder when to check when it's like this...hourly? or every two hours? It seems like when she's going down, might be okay to check more frequently...and when she's going up, not so much...with her I never know ....

8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

169 at +3 but you said you gave a tuna snack at +4. I'm confused.

9. Sue and Luci

Ooops...wrote 169 in the wrong box! I was actually searching for her during 3+...couldn't find her...she decided to make an appearance...but it was closer to 4+ than 3+ (I was trying for a late 3+)...

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Keep on sliding down. I was hoping that the flat yellows was indicating she was going to come down.

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  11. Sue and Luci

Me too!!

12. Sue and Luci

Luci is definitely headed the wrong way today...if she keeps going in this direction, I wonder if dose increase tonight is better than waiting until tomorrow? How long after an increase can I expect to see some action?

13. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

In my experience it may take a cycle or two to see a change. I've always tried to wait till an A.M. shot to increase. Titans nadirs are usually at night PMPS +2-8 so that gives me two shots working towards the nadir. Just my routine.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. Bobbie And Bubba

It's your call. I always think sooner than later to grab the numbers back down. If you can monitor tonight , go for it.

15. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I agree with Bobbie, it’s your call but sooner is better, especially on a failed reduction, it can be a costly setback if you don’t correct it soon enough (want to see what that looks like, check out Asia’s SS recently). :facepalm::p

16. Sue and Luci

We can monitor tonight - however tomorrow might be a bit tricky. We've made plans with family for tomorrow and although I'm crating Luci up and taking her along with us - there will be at least 2 or possibly 3 hours at one point where I won't be able to monitor her - I'll be worried sick ... so what to do? Increase tonight and tomorrow morning - and give her a bit of MC or HC before that period of time when I know I won't be there to watch and test her?

I'm in a quandary here - I can't get out of those arrangements...although I'll be watching the clock and trying to hurry things along (good luck with that)...The family is husbands family so the in-laws may not want to be hurried by my worrying and hand wringing. I've driven separately previously so that I could leave - but that's not going to be an option this time...what do you do when you're stuck and just cannot get back to test? After a dose increase no less? I'm on the fence to move forward with the increase tonight...???

17. Mandy & Rex (GA)

My opinion is if you increase tonight, you will likely have an active cycle, but the following cycle is usually quieter. So if you have plans tomorrow, maybe it's easier to go ahead and increase tonight. The downside is the possibility of losing some sleep. But in the end, it's your decision. :bighug:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  18. Sue and Luci

I'd rather lose sleep than take a risk tomorrow that she'll bottom out when I'm not there to monitor...Since it's pretty close to PM dose time - I'm leaning toward increasing tonight - DH will take the first watch - usually he's good to go until around mid-night - then I'll have to set my alarm to get up a few times to check on her - and if she's in the lagoon, well, I'll just be up...watching whatever I've got on the DVR...it'll be a PJ party...as for as her past performances at night - DH feeds her MC or HC to get her up...and oftentimes that flings her way way up...and she just floats there for a long time...I've read that the food only lasts a couple of hours...but once Luci gets out of the lagoon, I think only once has she ever returned in the same cycle. That girl seems to have a great distaste for it and avoids it if at all possible...let's hope if she is active tonight, then she'll ease off tomorrow - I'll have all of my emergency supplies along with us as well...just in case!

I have visions of me pulling her toward the lagoon :D and her with her heels dug into the sand - not going there mama...not going and you can't make me!! :arghh:

19. Stacy & Asia

None of us like to do it, but you can always carb up Luci if you’re worried and have to be away. I err on the side of sending Asia to the moon, so I’m not the best one to ask how much to give her! :p

Sue and Luci likes this.
  20. Sue and Luci

I agree...I'm packing my HC food for tomorrow...I can't see myself being able to relax and enjoy our outing one bit, if I'm watching the clock and can't wait to tear myself away - why go? (answer: not an option)...So I went ahead with 1.5 tonight...and will give her 1.5 tomorrow...and probably feed her some gravy at the 10 a.m. check just to make sure she doesn't go under while I'm away...and hope that'll hold her for 2-3 hours...

21. Stacy & Asia

Do you have a timed feeder? When I go out and I’m worried I program it to open every hour with food and some HC stuff too. If you don’t, you can freeze something up tonight so it thaws while you are away and she can eat it. Or put regular food with ice cubes on top.

22. Sue and Luci

I don't have a timed feeder. I could freeze some of her HC food...however she's going to be confined to her crate - as she's going along with us to the sis-in-laws - Luci will be staying in the guest room (SIL has a dog that Luci does NOT like whatsoever - a friendly dachshound)...Luci hates her with a passion...so in order to avoid any conflicts, Luci stays remote...in her crate...with her fuds...I can freeze some so she'll have a nibble in there should she start feeling peckish...great idea! Thanks for the suggestion!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.