4/13 Rosie PMPS 108 - Costco Pee Pad Recall

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carol in Chicago, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Rosie is still flashing the green. :D

This is good because mommy had a panic attack today... So I'm at Costco for what should have been a quick "In and Out" trip. I went there to get Pee Pads in the convenient 100 size box. :rolleyes: I buy these often and routinely find them near the dog food or paper supplies. Not today. I had to ask a clerk where to find them. OMG can you believe they have been recalled??!! I'm told there are "quality issues". I pleaded, "I will buy them, no problem". But the clerk tells me that although he has them, they have been taken off the shelves and he would be in trouble if they sell them to me. :eek: It seems some people have complained that they leak...

I have the Walmart kind, but trust me, this is not an area where you should scrimp. I went to Costco today just for pee pads because the Walmart ones aren't getting it done. I'm about to offer a new definition of the term "leak". OMG did you know Pergo floor can warp? :stop::banghead:

When I got home I called the 1-800 number on my Costco box and learned that yep - this is a nation wide recall and nope, they don't have date for when this will be resolved. They wanted me to know this is a "quality" problem and not a "safety" problem. Until this is fixed, my floors aren't safe...

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

That stinks about the recall. But Rosie's SS is looking real nice :D:cool:

Carol in Chicago likes this.
  4. MarshaRose

MarshaRose New Member

I have 9 dogs & 6 cats living with me in a 5th wheel, those pads are invaluable to me! No one else has this value! I'm at a loss as to what do without them, the ones I had to buy do not measure up!

ChristiB likes this.
  5. ChristiB

ChristiB New Member

Yes, this pee pad recall is breaking my budget. I'll try to remember to post here when/if I see that they are back in stock. If it were a safety issue, I'd understand taking them off the shelves, but who knows how long they'll have to do product testing to create a "better" one...they seemed just fine to me! The little it may have leaked was way better than the lot that my pets "leak" :nailbiting:! Hopefully we'll have them back soon! I did try to call my local Costco to have them tell me if they had them the other day, and they weren't very helpful. It's quite a haul for me to go there and look myself if they don't happen to have them, and my membership is almost solely used on this one item....yes, I save that much that it's worth it! So if any of you notice them back on shelves, I'd love a reply as well! Thanks!

6. ChristiB

ChristiB New Member

Ok pet lovers...the pads were back in stock today at the Birmingham, AL Costco! Hope they are back where you are too!

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Gabby used to not squat quite low enough. These are the pads I used. I'm not sure how they price out compared to Costco.

Any chance there's a Sam's Club and that they carry them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.