4/14 - Luci - AMPS 214,1+195,2+140,3+89,3.2 120,7+269,10+323,PMPS 303,2+219,4+234

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo

Traveling and visiting in-laws today. We'll be out of the house for 2-3 hours; leaving frozen HC in Luci's crate with her to nibble on - and going to feed her HC before leaving.

Since she did not visit the lagoon last night - she might well have today - but with HC food...maybe it'll hold her off...we'll just have to see. As long as she's safe!

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Feed the +1 and +2 since +3 is where she gets herself in trouble. Try to have a good time with your in laws. I know you will leave her food and keep her numbers a little higher. She will be back chilling in the lagoon when you can monitor. :cat:

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good idea to leave higher carb food since you won't be home and we all know what Luci is capable of doing at a blink.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Exactly! Already fed her MC 16% at 2+ - taking along the HC for 3+ feeding and have frozen some cubes of HC to leave in her crate with her...

Looking forward to spending time with the outlaws...but will be relieved to be back with my girl...living life around my girl Luci (don't tell anyone):cat:;);)

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Look at that +2 with HC on board! :eek:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

89 at 3+
    120 @ 3.5 after HC x 2
    DH did not feed HC as instructed ☹️
    I left frozen HC and a tablespoon of HC in her crate
    Out now. Fingers and paws crossed.
    No lagoon today Luci!

7. Sue and Luci

Well, we're back at home safe and sound! Luci is happy to be out of her carrier. It was a good practice run for all of us since we will be driving back to Michigan in May and we'll be on the road for 4 days! Luci will be spending a lot of time in her carrier and I won't be able to test nearly as often as I do now - we will be able to stop, but I'm a little nervous about taking her out of her carrier while we're in the parked car in a rest area or McDonald's parking lot - haven't ever tested her 'on the road' so it'll be a new experience for all of us. Her safety is the first priority for that trip - as it was today - so we may have to sacrifice some time in the lagoon for her to have safer - albeit higher numbers more often than not. :nailbiting:

I was so hoping that she would be closer to remission by this time - and while it does appear she's working toward that - I can see the marathon here - this isn't going to happen quickly - and certainly not in time for that 4-day road trip. So we're going to have to outsmart this diabetes and do the best we can. I'm hoping that we have a quiet day at home tomorrow and we can get her to visit the lagoon again - and this time not load her up on carbs - but watch closely while she surfs the lagoon - and not diving with the sharks! As she is so fond of doing! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We had a nice visit with the relatives today - and since her number was higher and I'd given her more HC food before leaving, I actually was able to relax and enjoy the outing - we were gone for almost 3.5 hours - I was getting a bit nervous there toward the end:nailbiting:...and I was ready to get back to see if she was alright...she was ready for a test - and to get out of her carrier to stretch her legs a bit :) She was feeling just fine and was happy and purring - except for the dog...doesn't like that Lulu dog one bit:mad:!

Now we just need to know how long it's going to take her system to unload all that HC food she ate...? And get back to the lagoon for a little surf-time.:D 90 degrees here this afternoon - I could use a little surfing myself :D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.