4/14 Sake, AMPS/157,+1/84,+4/86,+7/91 ,PMPS/121,+3/82,+6/71 (1st Curve is un fait de complete!)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by jerzgrrrl72, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerzgrrrl72

jerzgrrrl72 Member

Happy Saturday, Guys :) Sake's 1st 18 hr Curve is in full swing, and so far, she's taking all of the testing like a rockstar:cool: Her #s may be slightly inaccurate due to her normal shot/feeding time being earlier than her Vet appt, which she was supposed to fast for, as it is basically just a bi-monthly BG test, I agreed to before I started testing her myself. I decided to go ahead and test her at her normal time though, so her AMPS is actually accurate for that time of day.

The Vet appt was not as pleasant. Just like last time, we didn't even see the Vet because this time, she was supposedly occupied with 2 emergencies, so before they took her back to test her the same exact way I have been for the past 10 days, I intervened. I told them about the testing, and showed them my Spreadsheet, and confessed to lowering her dosage, etc--all of this, of course, to the receptionist/tech (?) who kept running back & forth relaying what I told her to an actual Vet (I think.) Of course, I had to hear about how I shouldn't have adjusted the dosage myself (that they "have a LOT of diabetic patients here,") etc. When I mentioned doing a curve today, she told me something about how Lantus is an insulin that doesn't really respond very well to curves, or something like "curves aren't successful because of the type of insulin Lantus is." She then asked if she could keep my Spreadsheet, and said she would give to Sake's actual Vet, who would review it and call me to discuss it on Mon/Tue... I wasn't actually scolded for my actions too badly today, but I'm betting I will be when the Vet calls me this week, especially when she reads the part about me not giving her a shot at all last weekend, because I was trying to give her pancreas a chance to work on its own.:( I'm really regretting putting that in there now...:facepalm: The good news from the appointment is she has in fact, gained a half pound so far,:cat:and they didn't charge me anything for going in there today. Normally, I would have had to pay $14 for whatever they do at those visits. While I was there, another couple came in and we were talking about how their cat was also newly-diagnosed, and when the receptionist/tech went back to the back again, I leaned over & quietly told them to visit felinediabetes.com because they will learn so much valuable information, etc about all of it.

Sake didn't eat all of her breakfast in one sitting today because I gave her some new food (Tiki Cat's:Sardines & Mackerel in Calamari Consomme,) and I don't think she was all that fond of it. It had these huge chunks of mackerel (I think) in a reddish sauce with actual calamari rings. Not being a fan of calamari myself, I don't blame her :p Toulouse was happy though, because he got to finish it off--hahaha:joyful:

Juliet likes this.
  2. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Nice curve so far. Mine is terrible! Hope you manage to stay up for the 18 hrs! I do 12 hr ones. Easier for me.

Well done passing on the info to join the board. I hope we see them here.

jerzgrrrl72 likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Very nice curve today, I’m doing Bella’s today too

jerzgrrrl72 and Juliet like this.
  4. jerzgrrrl72

jerzgrrrl72 Member

Thank you! I'm sorry yours isn't going so well. I'm sure the stress of that weather isn't helping any. I'm a night owl by nature, so I'm definitely not worried about staying up late to finish the curve. All I have to do is start binge watching something compelling, and I won't want to sleep anyway :joyful:

Juliet likes this.
  5. jerzgrrrl72

jerzgrrrl72 Member

Thank you! It looks like Bella's numbers/colors are looking better today.

6. jerzgrrrl72

jerzgrrrl72 Member

Getting that last sample was a doozy! She was already disturbed by the process from the prick, so she shook her head and flung my perfectly formed droplet into my neck before I could catch it on the strip. Then, I couldn't get any more to come out of that prick, so I had to do it again, and I literally had to pin her head down while holding her ear to the rice sock, but I got it--phew! She was of course, handsomely rewarded with another pure salmon treat :cat: I can't believe I have to do this to her 3 more times tonight. She actually just went and voluntarily got into her cat carrier--I think she's hiding from me. :( I can tell she's hungry, but I don't want to feed her until dinner because I'm trying to make this curve mirror a typical day's schedule as much as possible, so I'd still be at work right now.

3 more times to go... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

7. jerzgrrrl72

jerzgrrrl72 Member

Woo Hoo! We are in the home stretch... Only one more test to go to finish the curve :cat: I think I speak for both Sake and myself, when I say, "Thank God, we are almost done with this for the day!" :joyful:

Juliet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.