4/16 Jenks AMPS 83 +4 50 +7 98 PMPS 87 +7 60 +10 76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AZJenks, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

4/15

To recap: Jenks had a diarrhea resurgence last night. He was just producing small squirts of pretty foul smelling liquid stuff. That lasted about an hour or so and he needed a little rest to recover from that. After that, his body quieted down and it's been smooth sailing into the morning.

At the moment, he's alert and hanging out in the kitchen in pretty good spirits. He ate pretty well this morning, got a shot, and otherwise tolerated the routine.

Now OH is on shift, so we'll just monitor and see how he does today.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Poor Jenks with the squirts. When isn't foul like that it could likely be a P'titis attack , but so good that he is eating for you.

Have you tried any probiotics to help?

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the diarrhea. I hope you can figure out what is going on with Jenks and the best treatment for him. Sending prayers.

4. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Another green day. That's a bright spot amongst everything else going on.

Jenks ate pretty decently just now at PMPS. It required me to crunch a couple dry treats on top of the food and reoffer it to him, but it got him to eat which is all that really matters.

He's still pretty low energy (even for him), but he's still out and seemingly in good spirits. Just keeping an eye on him in the meantime.

@Bobbie And Bubba - We're currently using FortiFlora to entice him to eat. From my reading, it looks like S. boulardii is the preferred choice of probiotics, but it's not something I've looked into further.

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I use the S.boulardii ( Florastor) and it has always helped with the diarrhea. I use 1/2 capsule twice a day . Once the diarrhea is gone, give for 3 more days. Then I go to a maintenance dose of 1/4 capsule for a week. You can get it at Amazon for a lot cheaper, but CVS carries it too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.