4/17 DAVIDSON PMPS 193, +2-167, +5 - 115. +6 -118, +9.5 - 106

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Apr 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

I need advise ASAP, Davidson amps is 88 and if I give him the full 2.75 dose he will drop and possibly hypo..........Do I reduce by .25 or .50??

Not sure if this is a 911, but will get your attention and I will change it

Have to shoot within 5 min.

Thanks
    Shawna

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

What insulin is kitty on

3. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

4. Bellasmom

Slgs, or tr
    You can wait about 20 min retest and see where he is then, don’t feed

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  5. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

I went back 4 yrs ago, he was on same 2.75 dose and I gave him full shot and he was okay...........but he was already doing tons of greens. I could do full shot, I am here, but not sure if its worth the risk

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

TR, okay...........will do I'll wait

7. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

tested now, after 10 min and he is up.........93, so going to shoot full shot as I am prepared and need to see what HE does so I know fur future and when I'm away
    TY for reminding me to wait and retest........I will test again in 4 min and then shoot as it will be 15 min since first test time and 88

8. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

The idea is he will stay flat and you want these low preshots to see what he can do on this dose. He’s othe rise and that’s what’s important, you’re not shooting a falling number. Keep in mind you also have a little time to get his numbers up before onset if that is needed, but since he’s on the rise, I think it will be fine. :D

Jill & Alex (GA) and Bellasmom like this.
  9. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

TY Bellasmom, I had a seniors moment (although far from being a senior) and forgot to wait and retest when amps is low compared to previous numbers.

Also, thanks to WENDY&TIGGY..........I checked my log book (good reason we should all keep records forever) and shot him at an even lower number.

I am now reading the "shooting at low numbers" to refresh my 4 year old mind...............I think this is the dose!!

Again - THANK YOU TO THIS SITE!! So much info and people always there to help!
    Shawna

10. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Good job on shooting!! :D:D

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good job shooting. A lot of the time when you shoot a green number, they just keep surfing.

12. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Wow, 1 month to the day of starting insulin Davidson has possibly figured it out..........two greens with two tests............I guess I have to take into account he is 80 yrs old and perhaps a bit slower LOL.

Another snowy day here, totally nuts this weather! Wishing you all a purr-fectly good day!
    Shawna

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  13. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

He's surfing alright and dropping at the same time and I know it's wishful thinking but maybe (a big maybe, lol) he'll get to 50

14. Bellasmom

You all are doing a great job

15. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. A few comments. With TR you can shoot anything over 50 although I must confess when I got a number in the 50’s I’d stall and retest. Your previous ss is good to look at for confidence building but won’t predict what will happen today, lol. Cats are unpredictable. Heck, around here Max’s nickname was Mr. Unpredictable. An 88 is totally fine to shoot provided you can intervene if necessary. Good job shooting.

You might want to add TR to your signature.

16. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Tnx, I'll adjust my signature.....

I tested Davidson at +3.5 after he at 1/4 can FF.........I wanted to see how much food would spike him since it's been a while doing this (2014) and he's still in the green so all is good.

17. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yes. Nice surf. That’s what often happens e crept when it doesn’t usually when you don’t want a big drop, lol. :eek:

18. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Bounce time, but he had great day!

19. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

It was a nice run, and he stayed relatively flat, so now you know for the next time. Well done, Davidson! :D:D:D:D

20. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Davidson ate a full can at +10 and I wanted to see how his numbers were at +11 for reference purposes. He's got a bounce, but otherwise a great day!

21. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Other then a little bounce at +11 last night Davidson had a great day and was 106 at +9.5 when we woke up (for the 3rd time middle of the night) I'm glad I tested him before feeding for the morning as he should hit greens again today with those low bg's - at least low for Davidson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.