4/17 Jenks AMPS 64 +3 31 +4 64 +7 116 PMPS 91 +7 60 +10 53

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AZJenks, Apr 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

4/16

Last night was definitely an improvement over the last week or so. Jenks was out in the kitchen and showing signs of hunger at both the overnight feeding and this morning at AMPS. Though he's still not eating as much unattended as he was prior to recent events, I'm still able to coax him to eat by first letting him eat unenhanced food, then reapproaching him about ten minutes after he gets up and leaves and offering food with crumbled treats on top and then again with FortiFlora. Still, it took two cans of food this morning before I found a flavor he was interested in, but at least he seemed interested!

Also in positive news, he had a solid poop this morning! Yay!

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I really hope this means we're on the back end of this whole thing.

In the meantime, I think it's probably best to back off on the appetite stimulant, especially if he's having lingering nausea. I'm continuing with the SEB. We'll continue to monitor for any improvement, but ready ourselves for another trip to the vet's office should there be a recurrence. Basically, a holding pattern.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Marje and Gracie likes this.
  2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

A good report for Jenks...keep things going in the up direction big man. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

All yays from down this end on the solid poop front.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Jenks is improving. I hope he keeps it up. Sending prayers.

5. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Wow Jenks, really? A 31? Poor OH almost had a heart attack. Gravy and karo got him back up into safe numbers where he remained for the rest of the day.

Appetite remains pretty much the same as yesterday, which is to say that it's ok but still diminished. He ate some at AMPS and PMPS, but nothing at the +4 feeding to help out with boosting that low number.

He spent pretty much all day out hanging around OH. He's lovey, alert, and purry when he's not resting. So those remain good signs.

That 31 earned him an immediate reduction, which means we are now at an inconceivable 3.5U. It's honestly hard to believe.

6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

3.5! :woot:

I hope his appy improves, his insulin hijenks remain the same. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.