4/17 - Wally - AMPS: 124, +6: 101, PMPS: 121

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wally & Stefano, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Wally & Stefano

Wally & Stefano Member

Hello my friends,

it's been a lot since my last post, hope everything is going well with you all

I haven't had a chance to follow much the forum, just lurking from time to time to see if Wally's friends were doing well with their numbers...

In the last month I've been pleased with Wally unstopping improvements

At the day of today things seems are going very well, and we can't be more happy than this!

We are currently down safely to 0.25U.... and our hope is to make another step further sometime soon.

I am just sometime worried of AMPS, PMPS values that tends to grow little over 120...

I was wondering if we can consider those 120 safe to allow us to risk a further decrease in dose the next few days considering how lucky we have been so far!

I would like to take this occasion to send a big thank you to all my mentors that helped Wally reach the amazing where he is right now: @Wendy&Neko @MrWorfMen's Mom @Gill & George @Mandy & Rex @Sandy and Black Kitty

:bighug:

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hello Stephano, it’s great to see you and Wally.:bighug: How is Wally doing other than the blood sugars?

He didn’t earn a reduction down to 0.25 units by either going below 50 or going a week is mostly green as per TR. The unearned reduction might be why his numbers are running a little higher on this dose. Healing a pancreas cannot be rushed. I would be tempted to take him back up to 0.5 units, I think you have room for that increase.

Wally & Stefano likes this.
  3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

It is great to hear from you!! :bighug:

I looked at the SS and I am hesitant about your plan to reduce further. I see half blue and half green. *just saw Wendy's post* I do agree with her about taking it back up to 0.5u.

Wally is looking fantastic!!

4. Wally & Stefano

Wally & Stefano Member

Hello Wendy, Wally is doing very well from all points of view! I will post some recent pictures of him to show how beautiful he is :)

About all the recent reductions, as you might see he didn't deserve any of them since the last month, but I thought we were safe on our path... Look for example at all of the reduction from 2U until 0.25U.

What would you consider a normal BG curve for a non diabetic cat? I'm trying to find this information online but haven't been lucky so far... You think 120 too high? I read that 80 to 160 is considered normal...

Also, considering your advice, I am looking back at his numbers on SS when he was at 0.5U. Compared to current 0.25U don't look much better (maybe only on PMPS value)...maybe I'm missing something?

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Numbers for a non-diabetic cats range from 50 to 120 on a human meter. My civvies were always in the 50-70 range when I checked them.

6. Wally & Stefano

Wally & Stefano Member

thank you Mandy!

7. Wendy&Neko

Discussion here on earning reductions and normal ranges for cat. You primarily want to see 50-80. I have tested a civvie in the upper 40's.

8. Wally & Stefano

Wally & Stefano Member

thanks for the link :)

9. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Stefano. So good to hear from you again! Wally is looking good but I agree that you don't want to rush this. With Menace, my spreadsheet was a sea of green with I believe 4 low blue readings in the span of about 8 weeks while I slowly and methodically reduced her dose of insulin before I finally started the OTJ trial. I just did her ongoing weekly check yesterday and her BG was 39 despite her being a diet controlled diabetic. So I am in the camp with Wendy and Mindy about trying 0.5u again and see if those blues don't start coming down.
    Looking forward to some pics of your handsome little guy!

10. Wendy&Neko

39 :eek: Menace continues to be a rule breaker. :cat:

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  11. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

:woot:That's my girl! :D

12. Wally & Stefano

Wally & Stefano Member

Hello Linda :) Thank you for for your advice! I did shot 0.5U this morning... let's see the effects on the next few days :)