4/18/18/Ravan/+5 320/+7 505/pmps484/+2 353/+5 341/+9 229

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Good morning Joy. Hope you got some sleep last night. I just read your thread from yesterday and you got some very good advice. I know that sometimes it seems confusing, that’s why it’s good to post each day and get input from others. The SLGS sticky contains guidelines on how to treat, but it’s not set in stone. The others here will help you determine if a quicker increase or decrease in dose is needed.

3. JoyBee&Ravan

@Sharon14
    Yesterday at 2:50 pm you asked me these questions. ( I don't know how to insert your comment from yesterday)

(You said he’s still getting agitated. Is there a pattern to it, like when he’s hungry or before or after his shot? What supplements is he on now? Are you still giving fluids everyday?)

I know how busy you must get with all the other posts but I was curious if maybe the supplements i give him could cause a problem

He gets his shot at 9am, about 1 -2 hrs later he gets up from the chair by my computer & lays next to me. He falls asleep for 5 mins then he goes back to the lounge chair next to me He'll do this repeatedly. 6 ,7 times. he looks agitated, restless.

After a while he'll go lay under my Ficus tree & fall into a deep sleep. He'll sleep for 4-5 hrs if I don't wake him for a test.

I was giving him Ringers every day for a week then off a week. Now i give him 50 -100 cc every few days. He seems to relax & feel better after . I warm it up in a bucket & the electrolytes are probably good too.

I've been giving all my cats supplements & vitamins for a long time. B-12, Taurine, Milk Thistle, Vit E Alpha lipoic, Q10 , Fish oil, vit C I recently started giving Ravan a pinch of Chromium Picolinate For the diabetes,

If they look like they're nauseous Slippery Elm. If they stop eating a drop or two of CBD Oil. When they only ate a Raw meat diet i added the vitamins & necessary supplements & they ate,no problem. About a year ago they all stopped eating the raw meat. It was chicken,I tried different brands, tried beef, turkey.

They just wouldn't eat it.One day I was cutting up chicken & dropped a piece on the floor Ravan sniffed it & ate it. I tried giving them plain chicken without any supplements & They all ate it. That's when i started adding the vitamins & supplements to baby food & giving it in a syringe.

I split it up, a couple one day & some others another day. I really don't understand how people sprinkle it on the food None of my cats will eat if I sprinkle anything on their food. Tried it all.

I recently tried a very small amount of Food Fur Life. 1/4 teaspoon mixed in real good & was surprised when all three gobbled up the food. I was happy I finally found something. 2 hrs later all 3 vomited everything up.

I just checked his bg 198. if only it would stay low & not go way up again!

Thanks again for your advice.

4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Good morning JoyBee!
    Ravan has come down a lot in the 2 hours since his shot! Hopefully that means you will see some blue numbers today!

5. JoyBee&Ravan

@Sharon14

I just tested +2 244 I'm glad he's lower than yesterday at this time. I read that the "Rebound Hyperglycemia " can last for 3 days. He seems calmer today. Maybe my craziness is what's getting him agitated?

Question : if I increase the dose in the pm What is considered a cycle? 2 doses or 2 days?

If he were to drop really low pre shot & I wanted to contact someone, do I put a question ? or is it OK to use the 911?

I appreciate your help.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  6. JoyBee&Ravan

@Judy and Boomer

I'm not going to get my hopes up ,but I can't help but feel more optimistic today!

Thank you

What is a cycle if I did an increase in the pm?

7. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Joy I saw your answer to my questions yesterday. I don’t see any problems with the supplements you give (though I don’t know what chromium picolinate is and I’ve heard good and bad about vit C supplementation), I just wanted everything out there in case someone would see something. Yes, if you are nervous Ravan can sense it and it can make him nervous too. 1 cycle is 12 hours so there are 2 cycles/day.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  8. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

A cycle is the 12 hours between one injection and the next. There are two cycles in 24 hours.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's great seeing Ravan get out of those higher numbers. He did a big drop to +2, which is an indicator he's likely going to have a more active cycle. Maybe give him a small snack of his regular food )1-2 tsp) if you haven't fed him recently. Big drops can also cause bounces, so we want him to get down to those nice numbers at a more sedate pace. I'd test again at +4 to make sure he's not up to any funny business. It would be awesome to see blues two days in a row. :)

10. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko

just checked bg +5 320 Maybe a drop at +8???

Reason for edit: add
  11. Wendy&Neko

Looks like Ravan did one of his early drops today. Sort of like the AM cycle of April 7th. I don't think he'll drop back down.

JoyBee&Ravan and Judy and Boomer like this.
  12. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko

+7 505! I am so frustrated! How high is his bg going to go?

He's been eating mostly raw so I didn't expect this really high # today. This is a BIG let down!

I'm so tired of this "bounce " every time I increase the dose!

Reason for edit: add
  13. Wendy&Neko

He's bouncing from yesterday's blues. Numbers wobble around during a bounce. I would have stopped testing at +5. Once they've headed back up in the cycle, he's safe. And it's less frustrating for you. Until he gets to a dose where he has a chance to frequently see more normal numbers, he's going to bounce.

14. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko

Yesterday he was blue at +8 so I was hoping he might be low again today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.