4/18, Yoyo AMPS 251,+2 214,+4 200,+7 244,PMPS 241,+2 237,+4 132,+8 111

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers last night. I hope Yoyo heads back down and surfs today.

3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Have a great day Debra and Yoyo! :)

4. Debra and Yoyo

"Happy Birthday Leo" .....I hope you are feeling better today and being good for your mommy. Safe surfing!!

5. Debra and Yoyo

I'm not sure if you are aware that I am now using a human meter to record all data. I have been able to get more comfortable with the human meter numbers. In the beginning it was wierd, but like everything else, I got used to it!

I hope Furball sees more blue numbers today and always surfs safely:):)

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I noticed the human meter tab was first on the SS this morning. That's great you are comfortable using it now.

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Did you switch insulin syringes yet? Just asking because he’s trending up in a way I don’t like.

If you did change the syringe, it looks to me like the new ones contain less insulin. If you didn’t switch yet, he still looks like he needs a dose increase.

How do you feel about a dose increase? Of course, if he’s continued to come down this evening and is low blue or green in the morning, I’d wait and see what he does before increasing.

:bighug::bighug:

8. Debra and Yoyo

I didn't see this post.....I have not changed syringes yet because I wanted to see where the new dose of 1.75 was going without confusing it with a new syringe. I was thinking of using the new syringe tonight- all calculations are done on the caliper. I thought I would give the new syringe a couple of days at 1.75 units and see how he reacts to it.

Using the caliper is really a BIG help and much more accurate than eye balling it. I never realized how much the zero line throws everything off if it is not aligned properly which it hardly ever is.
    Last night if I didn't use the caliper, Yo would have gotten close to 2 units but with the caliper I had the right measurement for 1.75 units and I followed the caliper line up on the syringe, not the syringe lines. The syringe line with the caliper was at 1.50units but that was the right dosage according to the caliper for 1.75 units. If I followed the lines of the syringe, Yo would have gotten close to 2 units. It really can get confusing, but the caliper is a big help! It also is like a second back up to me to make sure that I am giving the correct dosage if the mind ever wonders-which it can:)

Anyway, I also ordered more of the Ulticare VetRX because I have gotten used to them even with their terrible sloppy lines and off zero line ups. Both syringes, human or vet, seem to be very close in mm's, so I don't feel like I am giving too much or too little insulin to Yo. I know it is BETTER for Yo to stick with one type of syringe for accuracy. Just let me see how the human ones go, they have a 6 mm needle compared to the 8mm that I have been using. I will get it together eventually!

I believe Yoyo needs an increase too. I will keep you updated with my syringe drama:smuggrin:

Hope you are having a Happy "Good Friday".
    Happy Easter to you and your family! Enjoy!!!:bighug:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Thank you for the info. Happy Easter to you as well!