4/19/18 Olive AMPS 233; +6=230; PMPS 318; +5=262; +8.5=179 Update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Tripper goes to vet on this white day (again). It's a follow up visit regarding her weight loss. She has been holding at 9 lbs in December. February down to 8 lbs. March back to 9 lbs. So far this month started at 9, now two weeks later 8. Also fur on both ears is entirely gone. She has naked ears. That could be the food. She is eating more FF beef which she never had and her Purina One has changed. Also she doesn't like the other cats and PJ bullys her. It took 3 yrs to get her off kibble and the only thing she would eat is VE which also changed and the one Purina beef. Might have to go back to the kibble with her.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending vetty vines for Tripper. Be careful in the weather. I hope Olive heads down and surfs today.

3. Olive & Paula

Hopefully she does. She hit the blues during the night. She really has no pattern that I can see. Her pancreas is so confused.

4. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Not a bad start for Olive, she’s slowly changing the colors she’s getting used to! :woot:

Vetty vines for Tripper, I hope you figure out what’s going on with her and Olive protects her from PJ. Hope you find a food that agrees with her. Sorry if it has to be kibble, maybe only temporary? :bighug:

5. Olive & Paula

Olive does not protect anything but her food. She was growling at PJ this morning who was just laying in the window minding her own business. If I have to go back to kibble, there will be a real problem with Olive. Hubby tends to put it down and walk away. YA is out of the question as it doesn't agree with any of them.

6. Stacy & Asia

Oh, Olive! :joyful: I bet she was giving PJ the business for messing with Tripper. ;)

Yuck on the kibble dilemma, that would be a problem. Have you tried adding any enticements to the food she doesn’t like? I had success with civvie and parm cheese.

7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Vines for Tripper, her poor naked ears. Wonder if the weight loss is stress related.

Olive is not looking to bad today. Just a trip back up for a short bit and then back down again!

8. Olive & Paula

We had success with VE dehydrated freeze dried raw, it is what got her off the kibble. A few months ago the new shipment arrived and it was different. Not as dehydrated and doesn't mix well with water. I called the company and yes it's been changed. Get this, I was told New quality control manager is trying to make it more consistent in color and size. Like a cat cares about color and size. When mixed with water it becomes very pasty and sticky and Trip won't eat it.

I'm trying some of Jackson Galaxy solution. The Peacemaker one. Next chewy shipment I am going to order Obsessed (I think it's called) in the spray and use it around the boxes. PJ really stalks Trip when Trip is in the box. I read it takes time to work. Feliway didn't work and hubby claimed it bothered him and kept pulling them out of the outlets.

Trip does eat some Nulo beef and lamb, only a little bit once a day. PJ and Tux won't eat it. She eats some Ff beef occasionally. Never enough or consistently. Purina One Beef changed and she won't touch it now it was what did eat. I have to try homemade again. But none of them liked the smell of EZ when I did before.

The 2 stores I have access to where I can get just a few cans have stopped carry a lot of brands. To get a case from chewy before I know they will eat it is a waste.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  9. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Sending vetty vines for Tripper!

10. Olive & Paula

Probably stress and or food or both. But it doesn't explain the weight loss before Olive got here and when she stayed in the basement away from PJ and Tux. She was happier in the basement, but I can't keep an eye on her and I don't like it being dark and cold for her and no people interaction. At least upstairs she occasionally sleeps in bed with us and likes to curl up on chair with hubby.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  11. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you heard of alnutrin?
    http://www.knowwhatyoufeed.com/alnutrin_supplements.html
    You do need to add liver, but I have heard that there is no smell like with EZ.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  12. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

You can order individual cans to try from www.onlynaturalpet.com to help try and find one Tripper likes. @Mandy & Rex good idea try to Alnutrin for homemade...it's what I tried with Doodles and Marje's kitties use to be on it as well. Remember it's not food if they don't eat it so if Tripper needs kibble short or long term so be it. There are auto feeders that come with a collar that will only open for that kitty. Or if you can get Tripper to eat a little at a time even if in the basement and pick it up...like timed feedings. So frustrating, I feel your pain Paula. I had to give in to Moo but she eats on my kitchen counter where fat boy Leo can't get. She has access to 1/8 cup kibble a day which some days she hardly touches and wet 24/7. The new crap wet food she's been eating really good is Royal Canin Sensitive Digest which is HC at 25% or RC Instinctive which is 13% :arghh: She was eating Wellness Turkey & Salmon which is LC really good but each case the consistency was way different and she stopped. She's also on 1 MIL of Reglan a day which has anti-nausea and mobility properties. Sometimes she "wants" fortiflora sprinkled. After BW, Xray and U/S everything is perfect except for a liver shunt and ever so slight thickening of the intestines which is likely food allergies.

Hope the Jackson Galaxy products help settle things down with the kitties. Sending Tripper loads of vetty vines and prayers. Olive, work the juice today.

13. Olive & Paula

Trip has lost a pound . To much to fast. Vet does believe is stress and food related. Also the alopecia (I thought was stress) on ears being stress related. She goes back next month and if weight has not changed will repeat all labs. He gave me the name of a "private" food maker/ supplier not far from us to contact. There are 2 brands I never heard of that he doesn't know if there is cat food, but they have been having great response with the dog food. I will call them in a little while. Maybe find my way out there, they claim to have lots of free samples. They also claim to have lots of recipes and will continue to work with you until kitty is completely satisfied.

14. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Private Kitty Chef....I like it!

15. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Great for Tripper! But I hope Boomer and Allen don't hear about it :rolleyes:

16. Olive & Paula

Road trip tomorrow. To the new animal food store. I got the impression it is a store, but a "natural" pet food supplier. The person I talked seems to know her stuff. I told her the 2 foods vet recommended. Then she asked about the problems I was having with the cats. I mentioned I would like food below 5% carb. She (Rebecca) said one is diabetic, shocked I said yes. Then she said the one brand is out because it's only dry food, and dry food is to high in carbs. Ok, I'm starting to like this place. I mentioned the Vital Essentials, she has 5 cats and uses their frozen raw. She asked if I was open to raw. I said not totally on board yet. She is going to pull a few foods for me to look at when I get there.

17. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice cycle for Olive.

So, all 3 cats are girls!!! Yikes !!!

Will Tripper eat anything other than beef? A lot of cats are allergic to beef. It makes Bubba throw up within 15 minutes of eating it. Hope you can come up with something that she will eat and doesn't bother her ears.

18. Olive & Paula

3 girls, 1 boy. Tux's harem. Tripper will only eat beef wet food when she eats wet food. Freeze Dried VE she will eat the chicken but prefers the turkey. Chewy always seems to be out of the turkey. She won't eat any wet chicken food. She did eat one meal of Nulo beef and lamb but not since. Actually Tux has lost weight also. He refuses his favorite, manufacturers changed it. He will eat the ff beef and chicken but not every time. He walks away from his meals sometimes.

19. Stacy & Asia

That place sounds amazing! Do they distribute nationally or is it a local only thing? That is incredible that they will work with you to find a good fit. I hope it works out for Tripper, it sure sounds promising!

Bellasmom likes this.
  20. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh boy, Paula, you sure have your hands full. I so sympathize with finding the right food. Praying this store can find the right stuff

21. Olive & Paula

I don't know Stacy. I will find out tomorrow.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  22. Olive & Paula

Someone I won't mention names, is going to get a dosecrease Saturday morning. I would do it tomorrow but will be out most of day.

23. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Oh Olive.............

24. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Maybe she’s playing the high before a low trick :arghh: Mama has itchy trigger finger Olive so work it little girl

Carol & Murphy (GA) likes this.
  25. Olive & Paula

It's not that I'm itchy. I just don't what her to get use to these numbers when we are finally starting to get somewhere. I don't know if she's had enough normal runs yet to prevent a fast backside.

It could be the high before the low. She was pretty flat today.

26. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

27. Olive & Paula

28. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I would think it would but never tried it since he loves the wet. The wet is not low phos though, not sure about the air dried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.