4/19 Asia AMPS 264, +7 155

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stacy & Asia, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-18-asia-amps-197-5-211-paula-is-my-hero.194324/

Heading into day 2 of no pee pee pants, recent events considered, this is a win!

She had a nice run in green last night. Potato flakes at +2 kept her safe and surfing without sending her too high. :)

I hope this means the antibiotics are kicking in. She didn’t want to eat last night, smelled her food and walked away, she didn’t eat by her next meal, even with fresh food given (and SEB a couple hours before this started). I gave her some Cerenia and all was well an hour later. She’s had a couple acid tummy barfs since the SEB as well, it seemed to work great when we started it, but for whatever reason, it’s not cutting it now. Maybe it’s not enough for this acute situation she is going through, but it’s adequate for day to day maintenance? We shall see.

Second dose of Adequan today.

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the no pee pee pants.

Does SEB work for acidic tummy or is it more for the bowels?

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  3. Stacy & Asia

It was recommended to me for acid tummy. It seemed to work before whatever has been going on quite recently. If I stretched out the Cerenia injections by more than 3 days, clear barf. When I started SEB, it was good and I stopped Cerenia.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad there was no pee pee pants. I hope Asia keeps eating for you. Sending prayers.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Good to know...I have a CKD kitty that has acidic tummy vomits every once in while for 2-3 day stretches. She is not on any other meds so SEB would be easy to administer to see if it helps her out.

Beth 73 and Stacy & Asia like this.
  6. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Happy Thursday , Stacy and Asia :bighug: I know what you mean ab adjusting the SEB... most days Elmo’s maintenance dose of 1/8 t 2x does the trick , then we will hit a stretch where it needs upped for a while :)

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Glad the cerenia got her back on track and hurray for no pee pee pants. Good luck with the upcoming Echo. Give Asia extra scritches for me.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  8. Stacy & Asia

So if you increased the SEB amount in an acute situation, it worked again? I’m giving 1 tsp twice a day, or that’s what I had been giving, it’s not cutting the mustard.

9. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Yes, Stacy , it has always worked for Elmo . But , like you , if I was giving a teaspoon twice a day and it wasn’t helping I’d be prone to trying something else too . Not sure the ceiling amount of SEB to be given . Will be watching what you do with this with great interest . Prayers for you and sweet Asia :bighug::)

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Nice report today. Keep it going Asia.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  11. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Adequan 3xweek for 2 months cured my cat, Burt's recurring UTIs. Dangerous with a male cat, so I was quite relieved. When I was using it, it was experimental for UTIs. It's an extremely effective medication.
    And I do think you're correct about Asia needing the cerenea for this acute time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.