4-2-18 - Jones AMPS 191 PMPS 196

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

He was blue for most of yesterday. Still eating, still doing his thing.

Vines for Simba today.

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  2. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Tracey, do you give an app stimulant daily?

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Jones slides down and surfs today. Thanks for thinking of us.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Yes. I have tried to cut him back but he will not meet his calorie requirements when I do. I did a trail of only giving half a dose.....he lost 200 g of weight over the 2 months. He would eat most of his food when the cypro was given and half of his food (if I was lucky) when he wasn't given anything.

He was always a grazer but he was a slighty plump old man when this started. Now I fight to keep the weight on. I have discussed this with his IM vet a few times. He rather he keep on it vs. losing weight. Not the best scenario but he needs it.

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Glad Jonesy is doing his thing and his appy is good. How old is he?

The IM vet put my civie Moo on Reglan, she’s 10. I’m thinking about trying cerenia (sp?) and a appy stimulant. She’s healthy with the beginning of IBD/ food allergies and has a liver shut. She’s sooo picky because like Doodles I didn’t raise her right with food.

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

He's liking the blues lately. Hope his appy continues.

7. Sean & Rufus

Ok. We might need to start one. I thought once belly calmed down, and with the anti nausea meds his old self would return. Not yet, maybe it will, but I think the ibd changes everything.

8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

He is 14 this year. He is on cerenia as well, 1/4 tab daily. Tried to take that back as well to every second day. He just started throwing up every second day. So that was a no go.

Yes, they are picky to begin with...something goes wrong and bam! The revolving food cycle begins! :rolleyes:

9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I have my own issues and I can tell you...you think you should eat, things smell good, things look good but you are not hungry. No body stimulus to eat. I can only guess that it is the same with Jones. The cypro is not as harsh as the mirtz. And I can give it daily to keep the appy going. And I didn't get the hunger and weight gain from the prednisolone that would of been a welcome side affect.:blackeye:

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  10. Sean & Rufus

Yeah, Rufus already has app issues and now the Atopica causes nausea and inappetance. Ugh. I don't think he is losing weight, which is good, but we need him to but just the right way. Just scares me to think if I don't "make" his food for him, if he'd even really eat. I have a camera set up in the kitchen so I can at least see when he eats and his behaviors now.

11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Been there and done that...both things, make the food, chase him around, put the camera up. Observed the dickens out of him. In the end...as much as I hate how much meds he is on...it is keeping him alive and as healthy as he can be. Without them, he wouldn't be here. So it is a QOL thing...as long as Jones is willing to cuddle and purr with me and be a total prick to his sisters...I know he is ok.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  12. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Saw you had taxes on the agenda yesterday...sorry about that, but really, what else is there to do since we're still socked in with winter?! ;)

My boys really like the Rawz...antijinx. Glad Jones is finding some good times on the beach, enjoy those cuddles and purrs, makes everything we do all worth while :bighug:

13. Sean & Rufus

I literally lol'd at the "be a prick to his sisters"! That's one way I knew Rufus was feeling better. Ozzie likes to mess around with Rufus, and didn't for a long time. Now they wrestle again. Yeah, rufus is about 90% back to his old self. So, if I can just get him to eat I'll accept it.

14. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I have 2 civvies on it now and still mixing it in with Jones. It seems to go over well. Like the calorie/oz and no gums!

Yes, well I got half of the taxes done. Another 3 to go. It has been so cold here..think it was January not April.

15. Tracey&Jones (GA)

If it is IBD, see if your vet will issue some cyproheptadine. Nice and gentle urging to eat. The thing I noticed with Jones is once he is on it for awhile, he will actually be hungry at most of the shot times and most times he will eat within 2 hours of the dosage.

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  16. Sean & Rufus

Thanks. The IM tech did ask if I wanted to try a app stim. I said not yet, wanted to see how the Atopica worked first. We have an appt next Monday so we'll see if it gets better, otherwise we'll get a script for the cypro.

17. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

The tribe here likes the rawz too but it’s hard to find. I special ordered a case a month ago from the pet store that carries it. But they have to wait to reach min order before can place order with that distributor. Have enough for a few more days so I hope the order comes on soon b

18. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I lucked out and the one place that didn't have it said they could order it in. So now I have 2 cases of turkey and 1 of chicken on order to pick up monthly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.