4/2 Max AMPS 91~+2 46~+2.75 51~+14 90 - No Shot

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Randi & Max (GA), Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Happy Good Friday LL

Another beautiful day here in Montreal, sunny and going to be so warm.
    I am so happy to see a little higher number today because I will be heading to
    the USA to stock up on kitty supplies and Max will be home alone.
    Of course I won't leave until I see a +3 and know where he is headed.

Again another happy boy although the 3 kitties are not thrilled over the
    extra hour I tacked on to their morning routine due to yesterday's stall.
    Not only that but I forgot to change the timer on the feeder so food was gone
    3 hours before shot time instead of 2.

The 3 kitties hoovered their breffis, and poor Chloe ate so fast she threw it all up.
    Right back onto her plate.
    Max came to sit on the kitchen chair and got an extra good brushing
    from his Mama. He loves to be brushed. Now he is still resting there, all
    happy and content.

Have an awsome day today and enjoy the weather.

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Max AMPS 91

Hi Randi, Check your PM box. I thought that Saturday was the Plattsburgh day. Can't do it today, sorry!!
    Max is doing great. Stu says hi to him.
    Ella

3. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Looks like you're both having a great day! Enjoy the weather! It's supposed to be above 80 here in Michigan...CRAZY for this early in the year. I'm not complaining tho--gives me a chance to wear sandals instead of icky shoes and socks! And my Max and Truman are quite happy to be chattering through the windows at the birds. :D

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Looking good...just stopped int o read up on the latest and to say HI! Hope you have a good one!
    I love Max's AMPS...this is so great!!! :razz:

5. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Wow, the Max kitties are having a great morning! Tugger is hoping you can come to the party he's throwing for his boybean who is away learning to be a soldier. It's a bit last minute, but if you're free later today come on over!

6. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Hi Randi and Max!!!!! We missed visiting you.

3 DROPS?????? Max is down to 3 DROPS????

Such amazing progress. Such a good boy.

Have fun on your visit to the states and loading up on supplies.

We're having great weather too! It's amazing what it does for beans and kitties alike.

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Re: 4/2 Max AMPS 91~+2 46

So of course Max nows I am on a time budget today, gong shopping for
    Pet Supplies.
    DH wanted to leave now so I said go test him. I wanted to wait until at least a +3.

So here we are at 46 very early in the cycle.
    Giving MC now and I guess I will wait at least 1/2 hour.

Any suggestions on how I can leave and not worry about him?
    I don't want to dump too much HC on him but I guess I can reduce tonight
    to 2 drops???

8. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Can he go for the ride? :mrgreen:

9. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Randi,
    You DO know why you got a good and safe number from Mad Max this am, right?
    It seems that he heard you were off to lands with mega nice kitty stuff and beds, so he wants you to be up and away, and buying lots of goodies! Silly you not seeing through his schemes! This dip is to let you know who's boss, and hint that he needs a special treat when you return.

Amy,
    No blinking in this condo - drops it is and soon to be a drop! Max don't mess around when he's had enough, but my guess is that he's holding onto those drops to keep the pretty gifts and attentions to continue ;-)

Have a great and safe trip, Randi.

10. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Max just continues to amaze me, as do you and your family.
    Im so proud of him!

Keep up the good work over there!

11. Amy and Six

Gayle totally has Max's number.

Randi, did you tell Max you were going to load up on pet supplies?

If you're hitting Petsmart, you could totally bring Max with you as Miriam suggested. I've never seen a kitty along for the ride there, but pets are welcomed. :lol: Does Max have a passport?

12. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Oh my Max! Not nice to try crashing before Mamabean needs to leave!

Sounds like he can drop a drop (LOL) tonight! Randi, I think once you get him up to a level near where he usually is at this time in his cycle you'll be fine. You can always leave some extra LC food out, right? At least I think that's what people are telling me to do...but my boys are such piggies that as soon as food is out they eat it whether they're hungry or not. :D

13. Randi & Max (GA)

Nope, no shots to cross the border but that would be so much fun to push him
    in a carriage at petsmart.

DH is pushing me to leave without seeing if he comes up.
    He says he will be fine.
    So not funny.

Now I am fighting with DH and I am afraid to leave him.
    What do I do???
    Okay left tons of food out, feeder is loaded. Just have to watch the sisters.
    Left a plate of MC on his chair so his sisters won't eat it.
    Wish me luck that my boy is fine when I get back.
    I hate DH's sometimes. cat(2)_steam

14. Marvie and Tugger

It's going around! Is it the weather? Tugger did pretty well with food last night. He was getting irritated with all the poking but he was in it for the food. He came up to comfortable levels pretty quickly and stayed there with occasional trips to the food dish. I gave him gravy on his lc food at the 44 and a couple more times just to be safe and I left bowls of plain lc out when I went to sleep that was mostly gone when I got up.

15. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/2 Max AMPS 91~+2 46~+2.75 51

If it were me I'd tell hubby to stick it in his ear and wait. It's very early in the cycle and Max could drop again. Tugger started to but I put a stop to it with food. Will Max feed his own lows?

16. Randi & Max (GA)

Yeah maybe ill come after him with the lancet later.
    I hope he will eat. I knew something was up when he
    Cam to the kitchen for food.
    I know we are talking about max but I did not expect him to drop
    Like this.

17. Marvie and Tugger

It's not really expected this early in the cycle. I sure didn't expect it. I'm very glad I'm in the habit of getting a +2 most of the time and very very glad last night was not one I missed and got a +3 instead.

Do you have some food he really loves? I'd put out two or three options.. one he loves, one he loves second best etc. Do you use a timed feeder?

18. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Sometimes, there's just no stopping them. When they are ready, they let you know.
    i am sure he will be fine and eat and you will be able to head out for the trip.

As for worrying, you would do that anyways when away from him, no matter what the numbers.

19. Randi & Max (GA)

I am gone and on the verge of ters and sick to my
    Stomach. This will be the worst days and I pra My max is
    Alive when I get home. And that there is
    Enough food.

20. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Oh Randi, I'm sure he'll be fine. He's a good boy--he's just trying to keep you at home for some extra lovin! Now that he knows you had to go anyway, he'll be a good boy and eat when he needs to!

21. Marvie and Tugger

We'll keep Max in our thoughts and light a candle for him and send some vines. {{{{HUGS}}}} He's going to be fine. How long is your drive? We want to keep up the vines and candle till you get home and know he's safe.

22. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

He is not being left alone so he will be fine. I know it must be hard but just go and call home part way maybe.

23. Randi & Max (GA)

Thanks for thinking of him.
    An hour drive each way.

Gayle the cats can't answer the phone.
    He is alone. Its good friday so Dps is
    Off today. Now you know why I'm
    Upset.

24. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Awwww Randi sending positive thoughts your way for Max! I am sure he will be fine while you are gone!!! How amazing is Max doing, he wants otj bad!!! (antijinx) Thanks for visiting our condo yesterday, Scrabble is on the mend! Damn DH, why did he have to go and make u upset????? Let us know how he is doing, I know the feeling you are going through, there have been so many times I have left for work thinking Scrabble is going to be dead when I come back but each time he is fine. I am sure Max will eat if he feels the need to!!!Hugs!!!!

25. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Fine. Leave him with instructions on operating a can opener, line up 3 cans, and fill some bowls with foods.
    I think they are pretty smart at knowing when to eat as needed, so just leave too much out.

The time has come to give him a chance to eat as he needs; he should be fine. We are talkin about a dose in drops not units, so that's why I think he will be just fine.

26. Randi & Max (GA)

Well now you got me to smile.
    Picturing max with a can opener.
    Just called dd at her dads. She had to come home
    And get some stuff this aft so she will check max put
    Out mor food. He will be okay and he does need to
    Learn to feed himself.

27. Marvie and Tugger

Sometimes I think if we set up an automatic opener with the can already on it the cats could figure out how to stand on it to get it to work, but they'd get stuck if the lid didn't stay stuck to the magnet when the can falls off.

28. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

:lol: Maybe tonight at Tuggers all the kitties can band together and figure out how to use a can opener. Maybe I'll send Truman along with Max--I've caught him trying to open doors before (he's just a smidge too short to reach the knobs), so I'm sure he can figure out the opener! :lol:

29. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, Randi & Max! Looks like an exciting day for the two of you :mrgreen:
    I will take the lower #s over the higher ones.. of course.. only when we are there to monitor! ;-)
    Looking good :thumbup keep it up!

30. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

AWWWW!!! Randi!! I So know how you feel--For 2 yrs, I always think when I get home,I hope Moonie is.........
    BUT SHE IS ALWAYS FINE!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: She knows to eat when she feels herself in the low numbers--
    You need to leave out a timed feeder with lc, or lc +mc gravy and set it for like +3, when drop really begins & it's early in the cycle, and + 5, so he gets a boost before nadir, rather than worrying!!
    My poor friend, believe me you will walk in and Max will be looking at you like "what is she crazy?/ I'm perfectly fine!!"
    I promise!! Been there, still feel like that sometimes, Did & do that!! ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile
    ALL WILL BE WELL!! I just know it--HUGS GIGANTICALLY!! form us!

31. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Yeah they're always fine.. we sure get a heck of a lot more worked up over these numbers then they do.. An insulin prescription for a cat should come with valium for the human imo.

32. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope all is ok with max today...what an adventure! Wow...thinking of you Randi...
    Max had all that food....he must have had a party while you were gone, right? :YMHUG:

33. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((Randi)))) are you ok tonight?

You really don't need to worry about hypo on this dose, it's so little insulin that I'm sure it would be extremely unlikely for it to be able to cause hypo symptoms other than hunger. His numbers might go low, but a little food will pop them right back up.

34. Amy and Six

Just checking in tonight...how are you and Max?

35. Randi & Max (GA)

We are finally home. All 3 kitties are safe and sound and pretty annoyed
    that we left them for so long.

The one hour drive there did not end up being an hour.
    I think everyone in the Province decided to leave and after 3 border crossings
    we chose one that was an hour long wait to get into the USA. Crazy.
    Coming back too was a wait and then we had to go and pay taxes on what we bought.

So, since we got home late (just now) I am not going to give insulin tonight
    and get back to our normal time tomorrow.
    This hour is way too late and try and get back to the 3 hours to normal shot time.
    I guess this will also be good info to see how he does for 24 hours without insulin.
    I am not going to beat myself up about missing the shot. I have 11 cases of cat food
    a new catbed that hopefuly max will let one of his sisters use and a cat toy.

I am sorry I had some of you worried and for the panic this morning. I can't believe he threw
    that 46 (yes know we are talking about Max :lol: :lol: ) my bb battery died so no contact.
    Thank you to my firends for thinking of My Max today.
    There was even food left in the feeders and I knew my dd's stopped by and left out more food
    for them.

They are very happy we are home and having a very late dinner.

36. Amy and Six

Sounds like a good plan.

I hope Max will finally allow one or of his sisters a chance at the new bed!

Have a relaxing night Randi!

37. Randi & Max (GA)

Well this time I bough a pink one so maybe he won't like it.
    So here I am thinking they were starving and they did not finish their food.
    Boy they really could drive us over the edge!

38. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, what a day you had! But at least Max was fine and you got your 11 cases of food!!! Have a relaxing weekend, if such a thing is possible!!! Hi to Max from Stu,

Ella

39. Randi & Max (GA)

Crazy day Ella. I think I might have left some food for you for tomorrow. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I am not sure if you feed Stu Fancy Feast but they are .48 at Walamert versus .50 at Petsmart.
    Plus if you get lucky, there are coupons on the cans at walmart (I took a few. :D )

40. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

This kind of behavior seems to go with the territory. Every time I have to travel out-of-state for a meeting, Gabby throws low numbers. I'm a wreck. Even tonight, I had dinner plans and she has a double dip so I'm shooting a dropping number and leaving the house. I don't know if they don't want us to get complacent or if they want to make sure we're thinking of them every minute. Whatever it is, our kitties certainly get our attention.

41. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

They LOVE to scare US!!! cat(2)_steam ! Yes, Jojo & Jill told me it's almost never that a cat can hypo on such a low dose--I remember when Moonie was on the 0.1,0.2,0.3 doses...They told me NOt to worry--Yeah, sure--we are born to worry here!!
    Have a peaceful nite!! :mrgreen:

42. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I am glad your trip was a success with much booty brought home, and that the homecoming was a relief for both you and all the kitties. It will be interesting to hear how the new catbed situation plays out and also how the skipped shot goes with Max.

I know we say don't worry, he will be fine, we also know that we would be no different. Everyone worries when we go out because there is no way of predicting what may happen. All that we can do is prepare for what may possibly happen, and then go out. If we stayed home for all the what if's, we would never go out at all.
    And how would Max get good foods, more catbeds and fun toys?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.