4/2 SCRABBLE PMPS 90 +2.5 48!!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle & Scrabble (GA), Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

YESTERDAY'S CONDO
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10771
    Just got home and tested thinking he is going to be way up since no shot last night but wow here he is @ 86! Should I shoot his full dose??? He seems to be more alert, DH said he slept most of the time while I was at work.

2. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 4/2 SCRABBLE AMPS 86 DOSE ADVICE PLS??

bump

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle,
    I was gone most of the day yesterday or tied up, so I did not get a chance to respond about Scrabble and his infected sore. I am so glad all went well with Scrabble. I know it had to be so stessful. I hope soon someone will be along to help you with dose. Take care and have a nice, calmer day today.
    Hugs.

4. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Well couldn't wait any longer for someone to come, I shot a skinny.75, hope that was ok!!! thoughts?

5. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

I'd probably have shot too... I assume you'll be awake for a while to test often and see how he's doing, so it'll be fine. But check him a lot in the next little while. Tug threw me a 44 at +2 last night lol.

Sounds like he's feeling MUCH better today with the infection all taken care of and his shiny new choppers =)

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I would think you will be OK, but you can watch Scrabble closely to see how he reacts to this shot.
    I hope Scrabble starts feeling better soon, and I bet he likes his shiny teeth

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning Michelle! :coffee: :coffee:

I would have done the same... And do what the others have said - spot check this AM, but I bet you'll be ok.

I am glad Scrabble is feeling better.

8. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

This is good. Are you around today to test? Infection taken care of AND dental sure could be a recipe for lower numbers.
    Bet you get that decrease verra soon.

9. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Can you get a +1 reading? He will be fine if you are around to monitor...
    how is he doing with the sore? Hope you guys have a good day! :razz:

10. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

:thumbup very nice amps considering no shot last night! Looks good....Glad the infection and toofies are taken care of, bet that is one reason why numbers are so good!

Crazy busy at work again today, but no 2nd job tonight, so I should be able to check in here and there to see how you guys are doing...

Have a great day...and let's keep fingers crossed for a dosecrease!!!

11. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle
    Sorry I did not get to check in this morning. DH and DD had off today so we all slept late....I got up to test and shoot Putty but went right btb.
    I hope Scrabble is feeling better today. cat_pet_icon

12. Marvie and Tugger

Hey Scrabble! I'm throwing a party today for my boybean... I know you didn't have a great day yesterday because you had to go to the scary v.e.t. place... but if you feel up to coming, I have a nice quiet spot picked out for you where you can watch and visit quietly. Mom promised to take the drooler to see his drooler friends, so he won't be here to scare my friends. And BB whispered that she thinks you're a handsome boy... so you should really see if your mamabean will let you come visit. BB will watch over you and make sure nobody gets too rowdy around you.

13. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning, Michelle. I hope Scrabble is feeling better from his ordeal yesterday. Do you have to care for the wound area? Is it stiched? I assume he is on antibiotics...does he pill well? Checkers is awful to pill.
    Hope you get some good sleep today. :smile:

14. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning Michelle
    So happy to hear Scrabble is feeling better.
    Sorry I wasn't here like I normally am but Max's shot was pushed up
    an hour due to yesterday's stall and since I am off work today I slept
    that extra hour. :D

You did good today. Since he did not have his shot yesterday better to put a little
    back in the shed.
    You are a pro at low numbers, just get as many checks in the morning.
    I am not an expert on the effects of the anesthesia.

Now that you shot, you can remove the "dose advisc" from your subject.
    Got to keep up with the housekeeping. :lol: :lol:
    Hope all goes well at home and Scrabble stays out of trouble.

15. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 4/2 SCRABBLE AMPS 86 +2 78 +3.5 56

Morning! So far +2 78 +3.5 56
    As far as caring for the wound it is stitched up and I am supposed to put warm compresses on it 2-3 times a day. The antibiotics are drops so they are not too bad to give, DH has to hold mouth open for me! So of course with dealing with diabetes isn't enough I have other stuff to worry about!! So far this morning he has been just sleeping with me. It took him a little while to settle down last night when I got home. He was quite rambuncious! So far appetite is good, I was a little concerned that in the last month he has lost a half pound. I am almost positive it is from the diet change, since he never skips a meal!

16. Marvie and Tugger

Michelle, do you think Scrabble would freak if you did this to him: http://www.flickr.com/photos/marvien/sets/72157623034620335/ ? I've had to learn to give meds and do unpleasant things without hubby's help... because he just stresses the cat out worse than the medicating does. So I do anything that might encounter resistance like that. I used Tugger for the photoshoot because he will let me do anything in the world to him without fighting much. He just purred through the whole thing. BB would have yelled at me, Tux would have made horrid noises way back in his throat and Bella would be moving too much for the camera because she still fights being handled. But this method is how I get the drops in her ears, clean them, etc. It works on all but Echo, he's still small enough to back out under my butt.

17. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Thanks for that Marvie, I may try that, the only thing I worry is rubbing his stitches if I am hold him down with my knees. He is probably sensitive in that area and I don't want to aggravate it! What a good boy Tugger is!!!

18. Marvie and Tugger

Ahh, yeah I didn't think about that. Modified without pressure but still with the cage effect, maybe? I wasn't actually holding his body anywhere because he was so good, I can and do on the ones who need it though. You're lucky to have hubby to help =) I can get youngerson to help if I really need it, now that he's older he's not nervous about being hurt and he's very calm with them, unlike my hubby. Poor Scrabble, what a day he had yesterday! It's so nice to see that he's feeling so much better today though! What a guy!

19. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

+5 67
    Looks like the baby is going to have a nice green day! Gotta go shopping for a couple more tshirts for Scrabble, he doesn't seem to mind wearing them (well he has no choice) but it is better than a cone!!!!

20. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Glad to hear Scrabble is doing well! And when I have to medicate, I do what Marvie does. It's the only way I've ever given meds to a cat. Truman is a fighter, and is very difficult to handle with pills, but Max does fine with this (tho other than the diabetes, he's never really been sick). Potter (GA) had liver failure that we tried to help him through, and he did great with this method for his pills every morning.

21. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

+10.5 101
    HE seems pretty good today. I am so impressed with how much better his mouth smells since the dental. He had bad breath before now it is so clean! I love to kiss him on the mouth! LOL! glad to see his numbers haven't gone crazy since no shot last night and his big ordeal yesterday! Went out and bought him some boy t-shirts to wear. It seems to be working out nice and he looks sooooo cute!!!

22. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 4/2 SCRABBLE PMPS 90

PMPS 90 got new outfit for Scrabble, he is tuckered out today from all the excitement!! Seems to be happy though and even tried to hump his sister a little while ago so he must be feeling a little better. His appetite is good too. Sabrina has been being pretty mean to him though, she was hissing and growling at him last night. I guess she must think he smells funny!

23. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

+2.5 48 wow! Just fed some hc gravy, I have to leave in half an hour, will retest in 30 min then DH is in charge tonight. Looks like the dosecrease I have been waiting for! Amazing what a dental and getting rid of an infection can do!!!

24. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

very nice, Scrabble. :mrgreen:

Yes, I would do a dose reduction in the morning, unless he bounces but I don't think he will.

25. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

I hope Scrabble continues to feel better. Poor kiddo. Feeling better sure is helping those numbers!

Keep up the good work.

26. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

+3 59 yay hc did the trick, gonna have dh test in an hour, gotta go to tbp!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.