4/2 ~ SPIKE ~ AMPS ~ 64 OLDTIMER

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JaniceandSpike, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Someone forgot to leave a midnight snack out for Spike and he sure let me know it this morning. Hes doing well in his bg's, all green and blue this week. He had a ingrown nail issue at the beginning of the week and I was fretting because hes like a tiger when anyone tries to cut his nails. DH and I tried but I was afraid he would bite DH and then become an "outdoor" cat so I called and made a vet appointment. I was so frustrated that he wouldnt let me trim his nails. I decided to call my friend whos had many pets and isnt afraid to handle them for her assistance. She tends to be a little rough so I told her exactly what I wanted her to do. Well she came through like a trooper, she scruffed him, laid him on the top my kitchen island, held him under the chin (so he wouldnt bite) and I cut all his nails.
    Of course he was crying, hissing and growling like we were tourturing him. Once he was done he had a treat and was on his way like nothing ever happened. You dont know how relieved I was that we accomplished this simple chore. I gave my friend a big hug and she said no problem, shed help me anytime I needed it.
    Princess was always a perfect lady when I trimmed her nails. I guess she wanted them to look pretty..lol
    Have a great day LL...were still waiting for spring here in Mass. and got "fooled" with a few inches of snow yesterday.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Janice!!
    that reminds me of my civvie kitty Bast who doesn't like her nails trimmed. We found a good technique, and that is the towel burrito plus covering her eyes so she doesn't see how badly she is being torturted :lol: she growls but dare not bite the hands that feed her! lol!! we give her treats after each nail too.

Good to see you and Spike in LL!
    Pretty AMPS!! :mrgreen: Have a great day!

3. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: Janice! I've braved trimming Smudge's nails, but but sweet little Annie Fannie is an adventure i haven't tried as yet.
    I never realized how spoiled i was by the fact that both Homie (GA) and Binks bite their nails...a daily ritual for them both that saved me the trouble.

Spike's looking great!

celi & Binks

4. melinda and talbot

melinda and talbot Member

Hi Janice! Nice to see how well Spike is doing. He must be a very forgiving guy to walk off like that after his torturous adventure. Bet he's looking forward to his warm, sunny porch days. :D

5. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Janice,

Yep when all else fails the scruff has it. :smile: I have two cats that I can trim their nails without anybody's help. They just sit there. Than I have one that is like Spike. I'm glad that you have a friend to help you out whenever you need it.

Glad Spike is doing so well. I'm waiting for Spring too. :D

jan and sara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.