4/2 Stu AMPS 308, +3 213, +10 238, PMPS 283

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?p=106364#p106364

Good Morning Everyone,

Stu is at his game again: another pink bounce. He ate a hearty breakfast, did the litterbox, played with Belle Mouse, then went outside with me while I pumped up the car tires. I heard this horrific sound of cats screaming, and sure enough, Stu was facing down an "intruder" (neighbor cat) who probably just came over to say hello. Stu growled and chased. When I got to them they were in the pachysandra bed. The other cat ran off, and Stu hissed and growled at me!! (But he calmed down right away and decided to go inside.) They didn't make physical contact, thank goodness. Does anyone know how an "adreniline rush" affects an insulin-dependant cat?? My DH and I are going to be out most of the day (from +3 to +9 or so; we're going canoeing with friends). We will leave lots of food out for Stu, including some EVO dry (which he loves and which might stay in his system longer than the wet food and therefore stave off any steep drops in bg.).
    Everyone enjoy this beautiful Friday (Good Friday). The weather is fantastic.

Ella & Stu

2. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Stu AMPS 308

Good Morning Ella
    There is Stu's pink bounce but as we have seen, he clears it in a nano second and before
    you know it he's in the 40's. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I hop he comes down slowly today so that you ca enjoy your canoing.
    Got your pm, go check back.
    Plattsburgh is going to be today. So bumped cuz I wanted to go petsmart shopping
    together. Now how fun would that be. Siving them all crazy with our food lists??
    2 FDMB members at a petsmart at one time.
    Better take cover.

Have an amazing time today.!!!!

3. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning Ella, hope Stu declines slowly today.
    Omigosh, what is more scary than the sounds of an impending cat fight!! I'm scared when mine are just mock fighting.
    How nice that you get to go canoing on this fabulous NY day. I'm down the state from you, between Buffalo and Pa border.

4. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Hey Stu, come over to my party today, your beans are going to be gone all day anyway. If you'll let my bean keep an eye on you, your mamabean might not worry so much while she's off canoooing (whatever that is, but it can't be as fun as the party will be!)

5. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Good Morning Ella! What a way to start the day! Glad it was over quickly and everyone is okay.

Some cats will have an increase in BG's. Some cats wont budge. And some cats drop. How is that to answer your question about adrenalin/stress and BG's. :roll:

Latte drops. She usually loses 80-100pts after a vet visit. Vomiting typically drops her about 20%. The noisy construction around her could be part reason for her good numbers the last few days. You could gather some good information today, before you leave.

A note about the kibble. You are correct that it *could* assist with any steep drop, BUT it could also contribute to a steeper drop later when it wears off. One of the reasons for Latte's large drops in the a.m. is due to eating kibble over night. Often times it wears off anywhere between shot time and +2. Add that to her natural a.m. drop, and insulin, well....you get the idea. Most mornings I am unfortunately shooting a kibble food spike, not a true number. So, I caution you on using it and suggest gathering data when you do, so you can learn how and when it can be used most effectively - if you must. Does that make sense? Im not saying you are right or wrong. Just wanting to point out how it can also backfire on you.

It does sound like you have a wonderful day planned. I hope you enjoy it. You make me want to come visit!

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Stu AMPS 308, +3 213

Thanks, everyone. Stu would love to come to Tugger's party. Thanks for the info. Carolyn. I am leaving out only 10 kibbles of EVO dry (carb content in EVO dry is 7%). I used to leave him a lot more to munch on, but lately only have been giving him 4 or 5 pieces at night. He looks for it if it isn't there.
    Ella
    P.S. Come visit any time. The Adirondacks are wonderful!

7. Marvie and Tugger

If I can talk hubby into it and his ship's schedule permits (or if my sis and I can go together) I might be up that way round 'bout October. There's a big sheep and wool festival that I've been dying to go to for years. I'll need to stock up on yarn by then I'm sure :mrgreen:

8. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Hi Ella-

yeah...Stu's crazy daytime numbers have been freaking me out lately. You on the other hand are the calm, cool collected Mama bean and it rolls off your back.

Canoeing sounds AWESOME! What a great way to spend the afternoon...it must be gorgeous there. I love how you present it in board-speak...
    Did you invite your friends the same way? 'Would ya'll like to join us from +3 to +9 for a lovely day of canoeing???'
    So Funny!

Hope Stu has a great mellow day while you are out, whether he decides to hang out at the house or drop by Tugger's for the party.

And hope you managed to stay right-side up in your canoe.

B&h

9. Marvie and Tugger

Hubby called the other day from Japan. It was early morning, I hadn't had :coffee: which he could probably hear in my voice and he asked me what time it was here.

I replied "It's... +11 why?"

Him:"WTF?"

Me: "Oh, crap I was thinking in PS (Pre-Shot) time not OPT (Other People Time.) It's 7:00."

Him: ...

Me: *sigh* "My life currently revolves around when Tugger gets his shot or the next blood check. I sent you the link to his ss, it shows what time he gets his shot. AMPS is morning preshot number and the +1,+2 etc marks the 12 hour time frame between AM shot and PM shot. We are one hour away from his morning shot, so it is +11 or in military time 0700." Then I explained about the reason for it on the forum and I'm pretty sure his eyes glazed over like they do when I speak yarn at him.

10. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Gee I was allways afraid of being stuck in a canoe or kayak because I'm too fat, and what then?? A can opener real big!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Have a wonderful day today--We have the beach here & canals where we live--Nature aaint it beautiful??
    No Cat Fights Stu!! cat(2)_steam cat(2)_steam cat(2)_steam We dont want you to get hurt, or the othER cat!!! ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile

Have a beautious day--HUGS from Us~!

11. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

I have those a lot lately it seems.. Wed I worked until PS time (9:30pm) when I should have been off at 5.. work from home so luckily I was able to get to the shot in time ;).. just didn't notice the normal people time..but the whole way I knew what AMPS+ hour it was.. Thursday I thought it was Tuesday.. my brain is fried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.