4/20 Buzz PMPS: 249

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Buzz, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12426
    Some excitement at PMPS, which turned into an ugly yellow cycle. But I am heartened by the fact, if I am interpreting things correctly, that her pancreas is working some. That would be the reason for her drop from +5 (180) to PMPS (88), right?

WCR: Buzz is feeling okay, I think. She has spent the morning moving around after sunbeams, and now it's her favorite time of day. The afternoon sun shines through our back door windows right onto her testing towel, and she will lay there for as long as the sun is out.

2. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 4/20 Buzz AMPS: 243, +3: 225, +5: 226

I feel like saying... pls Buzz share your sunshiny towel with me!
    Looks to me like this is a good dose for Buzz. Ok, I understand that you are not particularly impressed with the yellow, but there is green in there! Her pancreas may be working... but so is her liver (yeah... :roll: ).
    Look at your SS and see.... with your own eyes....
    RBC doesn't last forever.... and you're starting to see a different set of colours at PMPS than at AMPS.... that's always a good sign. Buzz is looking good and I hope RBC is shortish again! :D

3. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

She would share with you, Helene, but you would have to climb up on the table and hunker down with her. ;-)

I've never heard the thing about different colors at AMPS and PMPS being a good thing. Why is that? And yes, her liver is certainly working. :YMSIGH: I guess it's better than the alternative of NOT working, though. I know she is doing fine, and I know it's the WC that's important. It's just frustrating because we were down to 0.2u and then this infection messed everything up and it feels like we'll never get back to that dose, even though I know that's silly. All in all, we've got it pretty good and I try to remember that when I feel frustrated. Jill mentioned the other day in another condo that it's always harder to get them OTJ the 2nd time, which was good to hear.

4. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

PMPS vs AMPS - as I understand and paraphrase... perhaps I get a noodle or two for this.

There is less insulin resistance from the body in the evening as there is in the AM (because of the dawn phenomena)... lots of cats, including mine, start to show nicer numbers in the evening. I've heard tonnes of times that green AMPS are the last things to get.... My best analogy is that PMPS changing is like the 1st sign of spring.... it's doesn't make July come faster though, but it's a sign of change! Does that help?

Hang in there!

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like Buzz was in the yellows with Blackie today. I hope they both come down and enjoy the blues and greens. You've been working so hard to get Buzz's P healed, I know it's hard to be patient. I hope she's listening and gets down in the greens where she belongs. Think Spring, Buzz!

6. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

I don't know what Buzzweena is doing.. but I do know that she's still beautiful.. and you are a great mommy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.