? 4/20 Luci AMPS 262,2+144 ,2.5+105, 3+82,3.5+77,4+74,5+99,7+237,PMPS 300,2+253,4+230

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Let's hope today she decides she's had enough of the yellow, blue routine and visits the lagoon again.

2. Sue and Luci

Look at that 118 point drop in two hours - so the question is do I feed her a little MC at this point? She's at 144 - typically I would not - but considering this girl and her plunging history - I'm tempted to add a bit of MC to her LC...thoughts?

Tested her at 2.5 and sure enough now she's charging toward the lagoon! 105 now...too fast!
    Did you ever have a child heading for the water and you were just chasing them to catch them? I feel like that's what I'm doing now...just running her down!

Fed some MC with LC at 2.5...Luci SLOW DOWN!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Given Luci’s patterns and she likes to get in trouble around here, I would try it. I know it’s a bit cringy to feed higher carb to a higher number, but the only way to know if it works for her is to try it. I’ve found with Asia sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. It really depends on if it’s the type of cycle that pulls her down fast and she keeps going down, or if it’s a smooth, non dramatic surfing cycle. How to tell which is which in advance? Let me know if you figure it out. ;)

4. Sue and Luci

I sure will! This girl is charging too fast IMO...DH steered her last night...but it may have been too much...at any rate it just pushed her back up to 155...but she was on the edge then...and now she's at the beach again...quickly approaching the big waves! I'm trying to give her the surf board and tether...and lifejacket...but she's slippery. I'm learning about her 'style'. Let's hope I've got this fast track thing of hers in hand...otherwise, next test she'll be way off the beach :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. Sue and Luci

This is one of our local beaches in Naples...Luci is running down to the beach/water too fast! upload_2018-4-20_10-2-53.png

6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh goodness! I haven't had a chance to come on the board until now and I see this. Great numbers! :D:D:cool::cool:

7. Sue and Luci

It was a nice run for Luci - at least I was able to keep her away from the sharks today...

As always I'm wondering if I'll have to feed her hourly or every half hour every time she goes near the lagoon? Will she ever become more adept at surfing and not diving? You know it always scares me half to death when she goes near the lagoon...and once she's surfing I'm fretting and watching that clock!

So I'm hoping the more time she spends in the healing lagoon, the more time she'll spend in the lagoon - however, it's a workout for me! Right now, she's too scary to leave unattended for even a minute - because of her recent history of diving too deep - and I never know what to expect from her. Will I ever?

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

She was in the lagoon for a little while :D . I think at the +4 since it was so close to the +3 number and a nice safe green number ,I would have only given her a tsp of LC to see if you could just get her to surf some. It takes some experimenting for sure.

The +2 cell should be colored blue instead of green btw. She is liking this dose. :cat:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Sue and Luci

ok, next time her numbers are close - and not indicating a slide ...I'll try the LC. She makes me nervous (but don't tell her)...I'll see if I can get some composure. Each time seems a little less traumatic (for me)...so we'll keep working on it :) Thank you!

10. Sue and Luci

Thanks! We had a good time :) (well Luci did)...:bighug::bighug:

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  11. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Hey sue, I’m in Florida too, Clearwater, pic is beautiful

Sue and Luci likes this.
  12. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Bella had his first lagoon visit the other day, I was so excited

Sue and Luci likes this.
  13. Bobbie And Bubba

Oh, yeah, I forgot to comment on that gorgeous pathway to the beach! I am so geographically misplaced. :rolleyes:

Bellasmom and Sue and Luci like this.
  14. Bobbie And Bubba

It does get easier and better as you start to see what carbs do what to the numbers and seeing if she is maintaining from one test to the next then ease up on the higher carbs and switch to LC to get her surfing. Like I said, it is a real experiment and you will soon get less and less anxious with the lower numbers because you know what to do. :)

15. Sue and Luci

My DH took that pic this morning at Vedado Beach - he gets to go bicycling while I'm on Luci-watch :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.