4/20 Mannie AMPS 278, PMPS 422 (err!), +2 382 vet today

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

HI all! and happy vet day - well at least for Mannie

Yesterday's Condo

What a set of numbers for Mannie today: some nice (!!) with a 114 @ +6, some ugly with a 422 at pmps... ohmygod_smile more RBC! well, it is what it is, and hopefully he will clear it quickly, like normal. :smile:

He was such a good boy at the vet's office today. He let the vet do whatever she wanted - no fuss. We did a full blood panel, should have results tomorrow. All else checked out A-OK, with the exception of his mouth.
    ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile and looks like we get to do another dental, set for next tuesday. darn darn darn! expected it - looks like he will be one of these kitties that has to go through this twice a year. bummer for my checkbook. :lol:

WCR: Good!, considering the stress of going to the vet. He didn't cry to much, didn't lacerate up the mama bean or the vet (phew!). Today has been a day of cuddles and pets, and reassurances that things are OK, even if he has to go to that big nasty place a few miles away.

RECAP:
    amps 278
    +2 306
    +6 114
    pmps 422
    +2 382

2. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: 4/20 Mannie AMPS 278, PMPS 422 (err!), vet today

I like your positive attitude. :mrgreen:

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Maybe you can talk to your vet about what you can do at home for Mannie's teeth. I know there is a gel kind of stuff (don't know if there's sugar in it) you can use to seal the tooth surface after the teeth are cleaned. It may let you hold off on twice a year cleanings.

4. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Hi guys!

D - thanks! Positive I find works so much better than the other.... I try.

Sienne - thanks too - I will ask her. There has to be something that one can do at home to promote better dental health. ?? Who knows - maybe he will let me do something to try and clean them daily... I never thought he'd put up with home testing and in reality he couldn't be easier. cat_pet_icon

5. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle, I shre the feeling about tonights preshot numbers. Tess has a tartar problem and we use a daily gel that is squirted on her gums.I have never seen a rise in numbers from that. I don't know about the sealer. I googled it and saw some unfavorble reviews. There is also brushing if your life insurance is paid up. Seriously, here is a link to a good videohttp://partnersah.vet.cornell.edu/pet/fhc/brushing_teeth

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

not bad numbers for a vet stress day. Sorry about the toofies though. :sad:

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Hi all!

Ann: thanks! I will check that out. mannie's main problem is a tartar buildup that just won't quit. never had this problem with him until he became diabetic. so thank you - a daily thing would be good - if it helps, i'm all for it. sure beats this twice a year dental thing - well hope so anyways. and :lol: life insurance is good to go. too funny!

Libby: I was leaning that way too, figured his numbers would be off target - he gets so stressed when he has to go there - even though he is such good guy when there - short of using his carrier as LB... that was nasty, but he was stressed... and all is forgiven. he's been snoozin' alot this afternoon - rainy here, and post-stress let-down. yep on the toofies too: please let there be no extractions this time - paws crossed!!!!!

anyways - bounce clearing a little: 382 @ +2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.