4/20 Putty recap...not pretty

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Miriam and Putty (GA), Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

4/19
    AMPS 171
    +2 248
    +4 286
    PMPS 241
    +4 90
    +6 96

4/20
    AMPS 350
    +4 283
    +6 207
    +8 209
    PMPS 233
    +4 214

Any thought's oh wise ones?
    When Putty used to be flat yellow it meant he was gearing up for a reduction.....all it means now is more flat yellow.
    We will be away from Thursday to Friday so Putty will be staying with Grandma and a vet tech test and shoot. I know he probably needs an increase but I will wait until I come back. Any thoughts as to what I should increase to? Or should I start that crazy +11 shooting?

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You had flat yellow yesterday and a drop into the greens during the PM cycle. Putty had a short-lived bounce and it's been flat yellow today. I'm going to guess tomorrow will be busy!

I wouldn't shift your shot time if you are relying on someone else to shoot. From everything D has said, the early shooting will play havoc with your schedule.

3. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Sienne....I am not changing anything until I get back.
    Libby suggested I shoot at +11 when Putty is having one of his big bounces from green.
    Usually Putty only bounces from lower green but now he is bouncing from the 90's. His liver is just so stubborn. ohmygod_smile

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

if you were to increase the dose when you come back, chances are he'll drop low enough to earn another reduction. does he get enough of a rise when you feed the drop for you to feel comfortable increasing the dose and feeding the curve so that he won't drop so low? if so, we might be able to stick with a little higher dose for a longer period of time. high green might be a good goal for him...

5. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Jill when I increased to a regular 2.0 he went pretty low even when I fed at + 1,2 and 3.
    I can try it again if you think that is the best thing to do. I am very comfortable increasing the dose but what I don't like is the big drops then the bounces to high pink or red.
    It is very frustrating that we do not seem to be getting anywhere....I would be so happy if he could just be regulated but that does not seem to be possible. :YMSIGH:

He gets agitated when high for a couple of days in a row....and high for him is yellow. I can always tell when he comes down to blue or green just by the way he acts. I feel bad for my little Putster.

6. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Feel better Putty cat_pet_icon

Sorry about the rough day, Miriam. Hope things get better when you return.

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

yes, i can tell you're frustrated. i would be, too.
    ideally, the ps number and the +2 should be about the same in a *normal* (non-bouncing) cycle. how about trying something like experimenting with feeding mc or hc if the +2 is lower than the ps number. you'd really have to fiddle around with what and when to feed. the idea would be to try to keep him flat rather than letting get down into the 40s, 50s, or 60s.
    i really don't know if this would work with putty. it's just an idea...

8. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Just stopping by to drop off some hugs and all-purpose vines. Maybe Putty will pull himself together while he's on vacation with Grandma.I hope so1

9. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Miriam....I wish we were going through the dosecreases together! Well, I will be trying it out today and you will see the data when you get back and begin the same thing. I know you are as tired as I am with these numbers...ugh...
    Hope you have a good weekend and that Putty is a good boy at Grandma's...HUGS Miriam!!

10. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Confusing, frustrating, worrying. What more could any kitty ask? ;)

I hope it straightens out soon, though.

11. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Hi Miriam--Moonie & Putty have similar ss, as they wander around the yellow, blue & green ranges--we are both here 2 yrs.
    Moonie is insulin sensitive, and the slightest increase or decrease shows..
    Putty was doing well till you skinnied the dose. Moonie was doing well till I skinnied the dose- then I fattened it & got a 30's number-Now I decreased that hair & she's in good numbers again..back to 1.00.
    You said to me you were impressed by the drops that I measure--Well, yes even a drop onto Moonie will show in her numbers..
    I believe that Putman is "stuck between doses" like Moonie was(and could be again)-
    When you get back, try adding a hair, as we did...Trial & error ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile
    Moonie like Putty gets used to a dose quickly & eventually it doesnt hold. So up we go, Moonie drops a few times & back down we go!
    Sugar Dance to say the least. @-) @-)
    Frustration city! Moonie is now having blue am & pm ps, and green in middle and I am thrilled...Hope it continues..
    Hope you have a good trip & Putman goes lower just for spite :lol: (meaning nice blue please!!)

12. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Good morning Miriam and Putty. I don't have any thoughts except that I'm sorry that you are feeling so frustrated with the dance steps. I hope that you will be able to find that purrfect dose for Putty soon. (((Miriam and Putty)

13. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Maybe Putty will be so happy to see you when you get home he'll give you some nice surprises! I'm sending some greenies to you guys :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Come on Puster!

14. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

ugh. He certainly has learned how to bounce during the past few months. Why are our boys so scared or the greens lately? They get so dramatic when they go really low. Gee whiz...well, nothing to do until you get back I guess. I hope maybe he will be rethinking his liver's attitude while he is a Grandma's and you will have a good break from all this...will be picturing you relaxing and I am so happy that you can get away!! :YMHUG:

15. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Miriam
    I hope you are able to have a nice time away this weekend and maybe
    Putty will be so spoiled from Grandma that he will give you some great surprises
    when you get home.

16. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Ugh, I know the frustration you feel with his bounces, because like Putty and Shadow, Buzz has been doing the same thing recently. Maybe they are all conspiring?

Sending good thoughts your way that Putty has a good visit at Grandma's and things settle down with his liver soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.