4-21-18 Jones 193, +2 131, +4 54, +7 86, +10 139 PMPS 130

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Maybe we will see green today?

Busy day getting all the chores done..I think I need a 3 day weekend every weekend.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Short answer yes. Bugged my vet until she finally gave me some but didn't really tell me what to do with them dosage wise. Tried a trial that just ended up making him feel worse. So I fell back to the pred. Went to IM explained the whole Bude chaos and he wanted to stick to the pred and see if we can clear up some of the IBD symptoms to get Jones more stable. Which involved increasing the pred. His BG's were pretty well regulated up till that point. Blue and green on drops of insulin. So we have some weight gain, better bowl movements etc but I fell it has more to do with the other supportive medications vs. the pred. He has some extreme muscle wasting as well from the steroid...so I was going to ask at his next check up if it is a good time to switch.

In all this, it really is one change at a time. So I would like to get him in for a dental if he is deemed stable enough. Let that settle then see about the bude again. On top of that I would have to wait on introducing a new protein. As that can take months to see if I can.

3. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

I want to make a case for getting Rufus on bude, but it really seems almost all kitties are on pred and I want some good "points" to make to the vet to get him on it as she is against all steroids. I'm not sure we'll ever get back on pred and really don't want to, but the Atopica isn't working that well. Weird thing is he's eating dry food now while on the Atopica, but won't eat wet now. Go figure. Thing is, when he was eating wet it wasn't novel, at least with the dry it is novel and his numbers havent shot up too much. Obviously I would rather have him on wet, but what do you do.

Hopefully you can get him into the dental! Rufus was in about as bad of shape as you could get when he had his dental, and we know what that did for him. Good luck Jones!!

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Ok, so I guess we are taking a reduction...

5. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Awesome green J!

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reducie. :D

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

You did and some very nice ones!