4/21 Gordy AMPS 270, +3.5=298 | PMPS 231

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice greens yesterday. I hope Gordy clears the bounce soon.

3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

What a great day yesterday! Gordy may be finally getting down to business.

4. CassAndGordy(GA)

I think I may be feeling paranoid, but I noticed yesterday that he isnt himself. Last night he seemed to have trouble seeing and he was vibrating more than usual. He also seemed to forget how to use his nose? But his sugar was in a good place at the time.

What are the after effects of an untreated hypo? (Obviously one that didnt end terribly...)

I played with him earlier and he seemed to see then...

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

No advice but this.. :bighug:

6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

When wasn’t he himself? Are you suspecting he may have went lower than what you caught, like in the am cycle, or that he became symptomatic at a number higher than 50?

7. CassAndGordy(GA)

It was at his +6 last night. It could have been he was just tired. But he was uncoordinated, couldn't find his treats I threw and was shaking more than usual.

I am watching him like a hawk today while Im home.. but of course he is in high yellows still. It just really threw me off. I dont think he went too low last night... but maybe it was an after effect from the low AM numbers???

I could just be over thinking it too. I was rudely awakened by my alarm for that test too.

8. CassAndGordy(GA)

9. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

He doesn’t often get down to those low numbers but has in the past and lower than last night at least. Has he ever acted strangely when he was low before? Something to keep your eye on and see if it happens the next time he gets in to those greens. I don’t know if there is any sort of delayed reaction to a hypo. I had thought it was very much in the present relating to the current number. I could see linger effects to a prolonged, severe hypo, but we know that isn’t the case for Gordy.

It could also be something not particularly related to hypo, or related to FD in another way. In humans, vision can be affected by high numbers, I don’t hear much that it happens to cats, but you never know. Of course lastly, it could be non FD related as well.

I’m glad he seems to be okay now and I hope it was just your sleepy brain playing tricks on you. :bighug:

10. CassAndGordy(GA)

He has never had symptomatic hypos before *knock on wood* other than being very hungry.

He DOES have beginning stages of cataracts, so it could be a combo of things happening. He is at the age where this crap starts to happen :(

I'll just keep an eye on him

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  11. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Very strange about the symptoms at +6 last night. Even with meter variance +/- 20 % that 75 at +6 would only be 64 with a 20% negative reading. It could have been a fluke thing as you said he was just tired as he did have a day full of extra poking. I have never heard or read of a delayed hypo reaction.

Are the cataracts the kind that effect diabetic kitties? When was the last time that was evaluated. Just wondering if his eyes are getting worse and it disoriented him when you threw the treats and he scrambled for it causing him to get all uncoordinated? Just thinking out loud.

12. CassAndGordy(GA)

I don't know if its a certain type of cataract. I had brought him to the vet sometime last year because his pupils weren't undilating. (I have now noticed that when he is in better numbers, the pupils are fine.) She examined him, checked his blood pressure and said his retina was intact. The vet saw early signs of the cataracts (or maybe it was glaucoma...). Either way, she said there really wasnt much to do about it and to just keep a watch out for signs of it bothering him. Last night was the only time I pondered if he can see well.

Maybe he really was just tired...

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  13. CassAndGordy(GA)

PMPS 231

Ive been gone most of the day. But it looks like he was fine. He'll probably start coming down tonight.

I went shopping and spent way too much money at Lush and Sephora. :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.