4/22 Silver AMPS 220 +9=218 PMPS 185

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Juliet, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet

Juliet Guest

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice that you saw some blue yesterday. Maybe you'll see more today.

Juliet likes this.
  3. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Silver ... it looks like is is going to be a lovely day for a beach visit. Slide on down nice and easy.

Juliet likes this.
  4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Still worried about the high ketones. Considering increasing again today.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

You may want to wait until after the dental to increase. If his teeth is what is causing him to have higher numbers, his numbers may come down after the dental and you may not want him on a higher dose. I'm not sure how the ketones affect things though.

Silver may not want to eat regular food the evening after the dental. It may be a good idea to have some meat only baby food to feed him if you can get some.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  6. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Exactly. That's why I need the increase because of the ketones. Vet said he needed more insulin. I don't have any baby food. He will manage with his regular as I add water to it so it's very soupy. He will be fine. As for dosing after the dental I can't do a curve until the weekend so I'm going to have to base my dosing on the preshot for those two days. Thankfully his preshot generally is his lowest so this should work out until I can get a curve done.

7. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Glad we are seeing blue at PMPS. Increasing dose again due to presence of ketones and vet's advice that he needs more juice.

Dental on Wednesday. My plan is to pre-fill a syringe for half his usual dose and take a can of FF with me. I'll ask the vet to do Silver first so he can have his shot and some food. Can't wait for Wednesday to be over, I am dreading it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.