4/23 Ozzy AMPS 247 +2.5 91 +4 59 +5 50 +7 79 PMPS 150

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ozzy Pawzbourne, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I have been so busy lately. but trying to get on here once a week to touch base with my kitty committee friends and post updates on my sweet Ozzy Pawzie.

Ozzy is doing really well and is as cute and sweet as can be. But his numbers really have been mostly yellows and blues and he hasn't seen much green as of late. I pushed him up to 1u about 10 days ago and he still didn't seem to be getting to the greens, so this morning I decided to up him to 1.25u and then bam...straight to 50 in the first cycle. He may have dropped below 5o, but I'm not sure. I fed him some LC food at the 50 reading with full intentions of testing him again in 30 minutes but Hubby and I were in the middle of signing some important paperwork that took over 2 hours and I lost track of time. Fortunately Ozzy was fine and his numbers came up by the next test.

We started his PM cycle tonight with a 150 PS. Haven't seen a blue preshot in awhile and they are few and far in between so it was a nice sight to see. I decided the 1.25 might be just a little too much for him so gave him a fat 1U for the PM shot. He got to 50 on the first dose of 1.25U without his depot having a chance to fill up so I am a little worried about what might happen this week while we are at work if we continue on with the 1.25U. Do you guys think this is the right thing to do? Or should we keep him on the 1.25U?

I am seriously amazed how a few extra drops or minus a few drops on a particular dose can have such drastically different effect.

Hopefully Ozzy will have an uneventful PM cycle. I'm pretty much anticipating the bounce that inevitably follows a low number for him.

Hope my kitty friends and beans are all doing well and had a lovely weekend.

It was so hot here in So Cal this weekend...a little sneak peak of summer! The temperature settled down today though and was just gorgeous!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Ozzy stayed safe for you. Ozzy may just need his dose tweaked to keep him safe. You need to have a dose where you don't have to worry about him while you're at work.

3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Good morning Jo and Ozzy :). So great to hear a good report on Mr Ozzy. You are the best kitty Momma ever :). Brother Elmo continues to plod along and both of us are cheering you all on and hold you in thought and prayer each day :)

4. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Jo - Just wanted to check on Ozzy and you! We haven't seen you for a bit so I hope Ozzy is being good. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.